What went wrong with BO2 zombies and how can 3arc make BO3 zombies better?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: What went wrong with BO2 zombies and how can 3...

in reply to BreakfastBiscui

Personally, I think they tried to cram too much into it.

The buildables are a good idea, but most of them were pretty terrible. The Tranzit buildables are a complete joke, as were the setup of them (& the Buried ones). They were completely bias against solo players also for the most part.

The persistent perks were also a bit silly. They started out good, but they added FAR too many of them, and made some of them far too complex to work out. Getting them for punching then losing them the very next punch!?! Getting them for running, walking, standing still, reloading, not reloading, buying perks, doing nothing...

The EE's were also really poor thought out. None of the rewards were worthwhile and were also overshadowed by in-game features. I also thought the whole sequence of doing them to trigger the end-game box was also a total cop out. What a complete waste of time doing all of them just for that!?

Map were OK, but most of them were objective laden and that made some of them very off putting. I also felt they dropped the ball big time on some of the maps. Not including Stamina Up on MotD was a terrible move on their part. Why Deadshot!?! I also felt they messed up with Tombstone and Who's Who. They should have been reversed. Who's Who would have made much more sense on Tranzit. Adding Mule Kick to Buried but not Tranzit is also confusing.

Either way I think they rushed BO2 for the most part and the balance found in most BO1 maps seems to be missing from BO2. MotD and Origins are decent maps... the rest are terrible in my opinion.

DeathBringer-Zen

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

Agreed with a lot of this post ^. For Tranzit the smoke and the denizens (the things that jump on your face and claw you) really ruined the map. I understand the fog probably was used to hide bad textures and such, but seriously Tranzit had an absurd amount of potential. It could be a map full of exploration, uncovering diffrent secrets, perks, guns, enemies, and more could have been really fun. Not to mention the lava was bloody annoying. Maybe the such pits of lava I could deal with, but all the little veins of lava were annoying and could easily get you down if you have low health.

The Easter eggs were terrible. Treyarch seemed to just randomly slap together a bunch of objectives that have no rhyme or reason and called it an Easter egg. Could have made it make more sense and have some form of logic, but nope.

The for the DLC, it was pretty disappointing. Maps felt rushed, not very well thought out, and it didn't feel like Treyarch really gave their best effort and thought to pull off great maps. Not to mention all wonder-special weapons were bad, with the exception of the staffs. Sliquifer, Ray gun mk 2, blunder gat, paralyzer, and jet gun were bad in my opinion. It would be awesome if they brought back the Thunder gun. WaW and BO 1 zombies were a lot more fun. In the future maybe per DLC a new zombies map and a WaW zombie's remake or port would be awesome. Or maybe release a fifth DLC for people's favorite multiplayer/zombies map remakes.

Evan051

I couldn't agree with you more. With BO2 being a "new" experience it catered too much to the noob side with all the perma perks , double tap 2 .... Enough said.

BadMrFrostyM604

You also forgot to mention, WHY NO PHD. FLOPPER IN DIE RISE!!!! That map begged for PhD. Flopper considering that every corner of the map you'll bound to die by a mistake one way or another.

Jugg3naut510

Tranzit was crappy no doubt about it as for the DLC maps I find I like them each for different reason even if they are not better then BO or WAW maps.I felt the Sliquifer and Ray Gun Mark II were good WW as for the rest I agree. Tho I feel the wind  staff got the crappy end of the stick what is that staff good for. I was glad the got rid of damage gun like Wunderwaffe and Thundergun.

TopAceH3X

in reply to TopAceH3X

WWind is certainly the most effective staff of the bunch.

Tictacn

How about in BO3, Treyarch makes kill streaks available (buyable off the wall or something), or upgrading guns more than once to help kill zombies in the higher rounds (30+), what about a freaking juggernaut zombie every 10 rounds. How about they make zombies a whole separate game!

BreakfastBiscui

I Have another idea! What if they made a JET PACK available! But it was limited in its available usage, so like it has enough fuel to last 30 seconds. That would cause you to strategize on when and how much you use it, and it makes it not that cheap. So if  being cornered by a huge group of zombies, then you could use your jet pack for about 5 seconds and you will have cheated death.

BreakfastBiscui

Terrible idea, people would just exploit it.

Jugg3naut510

Although people who dont like cod because it never changes, I like that. I feel that ghosts extinciction mode was like zombies only changed too much. The guns were on the ground, there arent perk machines, I would  like zombies to stay very much the same only with new guns, perks and locations for maps, and maybe new characters. Adding things like jetpacks would make it feel less like classic zombies.

M3NTZ3R29

Studios