Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Yep. I'm not an idiot that doesn't use anything besides SMGs. I use everything, except for the Assault Shield. Because fuck the Assault Shield.....

Level 20

in reply to kylet345

kylet345 wrote:

Yep. I'm not an idiot that doesn't use anything besides SMGs. I use everything, except for the Assault Shield. Because **** the Assault Shield.....

I tend to use ARs exclusively.  I tried the LMGs but found myself always late in a gun fight; I tried SMGs but found myself running into bullets.  ARs fit my playstyle just right.

This is not to say I won't LMG it in a match with silly mad dashers; or SMG it when I'm getting outmaneuvered by a skilled runner.

Level 40

in reply to DjangoBlack2

DjangoBlack2 wrote:

I haven't played a COD that is so boring and dull like BO2. The weapons are boring because there are only 2 effective weapon categories and that's SMG's and Snipers. Maps are a boring and a clusterfuck. If this game wouldn't be branded as "Call Of Duty" it wouldn't have sold well.

I disagree. It's not the weapons, it's the playstyle. I can pretty much use any weapon and do good with it.

http://gyazo.com/e28cc001379483db6720684873b73251

Level 14

in reply to Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Lol camping_camper88

You must get lots of love from people lol.

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

They love me when I'm on their team and they loathe me when I'm against them. Mind you, my PSN ID can be quite misleading. I chose it to make them think I'm good for nothing but camping.

Level 14

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r wrote:

DjangoBlack2 wrote:

I haven't played a COD that is so boring and dull like BO2. The weapons are boring because there are only 2 effective weapon categories and that's SMG's and Snipers. Maps are a boring and a clusterfuck. If this game wouldn't be branded as "Call Of Duty" it wouldn't have sold well.

I disagree. It's not the weapons, it's the playstyle. I can pretty much use any weapon and do good with it.

http://gyazo.com/e28cc001379483db6720684873b73251

Respect. Unfortunally there's no thumbs up icon.

Level 13

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r wrote:

I disagree. It's not the weapons, it's the playstyle.

Despite our little 1:1 discussion in the other forum, I have to agree with you here.

It's not the weapon, not necessarily even playstyle.  It's all about map skills. 

Level 40

in reply to squirt_magoo

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was my first entry into this franchise and I was hooked until now.  Black Ops 2 was without question a huge letdown to me.  After getting master prestige I haven't played the game since, nor have I felt the urge to. 

How much of an impact did this title have on my overall CoD experience?  For every previous release I was one of the fanboys in line early to pick up my pre-ordered copy at midnight.  Now?  Not only have I not pre-ordered a copy, but I can't see myself getting CoD Ghosts in the foreseeable future.  That might change if word of mouth from any of my friends still playing is strong, but usually new releases need some time to get the bugs worked out.

In terms of specifics here is my brief list of things that need to be fixed before I would ever consider buying another game in this franchise:

1) Skill based match making has to go.  I don't run with a clan and find that most of my friends aren't playing this game as much.  I have absolutely no interest in joining a clan.  I've seen enough responses from the moderators and forum contributors suggesting that I need to find some other people to partner up with.  That just doesn't work for me. If your target audience is made up only of users who play in parties then maybe this isn't the game for me.  I've found myself on the losing end of SBMM more times than I can count.

2)  Lag.  I'll leave it at that.  I've seen dozens of videos speculating on the logic of the online compensation code, although unless you're a developer or someone that's been intimately involved it's tough to say what is wrong.  What I can say from my experience is that CoD MW2 had the best responsiveness out of any version I've played.  Fix the code or go with dedicated servers, personally I don't care, but I won't sit through another version of this game when I'm consistently a second or two behind everyone despite having a 30/6 MB download/upload connection.

3) Map design.  This is a bit more difficult for me to articulate.  These maps just seem boring and vanilla.  Could it be that the designers are running out of ideas due to the number of maps in the previous releases?  Possibly.  If not for (foolishly) buying the season pass I wouldn't have gotten the last two map packs.  I won't be making that mistake again.

4) Buffs/Nerfs.  Would love to see less of that with any future titles.  Seems like about the time I finally get comfortable with a weapon or two it gets a complete overhaul.  Face it folks, certain weapons are better than others and will get used more often.  That doesn't mean it's overpowered, just means it's a great weapon to use.

The pick 10 system was pure genius.  I've seen videos and articles about the new system being used for Ghost.  It looks like they've put some good ideas into the next version as the load outs and classes continue to evolve in a positive way.

Video games developers found a couple years ago that they can significantly increase their profits through DLC and Activision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch are no different.  I just hope that if I invest my time and money into future titles that they make content worth purchasing.  I would love to see more weapons available for DLC.  Sorry devs, but glow in the dark camos don't do anything for me.

Level 18

in reply to squirt_magoo

BO2 was the first game of this type that I played multi-player on. I've played the other SOD titles, but only the campaign part of the game. I bought BO2 and it was actually my son who got me interested in trying the multi-player part of it.

So, having said that, I don't have a multi-player history with this franchise like most of you do. Now while my opinion is pretty much from a "noob" perspective, I have to say that I have enjoyed this game and it's multi-player aspect. Have I been frustrated with it at times? Sure! Have I experienced the lag issues? You bet. Do I find some of the weapons to be remarkably un-authentic in their function? Yes I do. How people snipe with pistols just makes no sense to me!

It's been a learning curve for me. I am in no way a "hard-core" gamer. I have other interests (and a job!). But over-all, it's been fun. For one thing, it's just another thing for my son and I to bond over. And we've actually "met" some nice people on line that we not only play BO2 with, but my son plays other games with, as well.

I guess, in a nut shell, that's it for me. I'd rate it a 8/10. Yes, we've had issues with servers and connections and all the rest. But I think the positives - for me - slightly outweigh the negatives. Again, I'm sure you guys who have more experience with the other titles know all the deficiencies with BO2, as compared to something else. But I only know what I know, and over-all I'm happy with it. I'm looking forward to Ghosts.

What's that saying? "Ignornace is bliss"? Guess that's me!

Level 2

in reply to squirt_magoo

wheres GHOST? call me when its here

Level 4

Studios