Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Whats your overall opinion of Blops2?

in reply to squirt_magoo

Overall I give it a C+ to a B- (a pretty good rating BTW, think of an "A" game as perfection.)

The kiddie camos took away the adult, combat or war "feel" a game such as CoD should provide.

But for Nuketown and it coming up every other map, it would have been a solid B-.

But for Slums, Cargo, Standoff, it would have been a C.  The last map pack helped too.

The rest of the maps fell victim to forumla.  That was just lazy and uninspired.  But for this, it may have been a solid B.

Crashing systems at release left a lasting impression that the game is flawed.  "You never get a chance to make another first impression."

I had no real problems with the game's playability or weapons or perks, etc.  They are what they are and my opinion is CoD isn't that hard to adjust to title after title because it really doesn't change that much titile after title.  Maps skills have always been key to good play, which is why I focused on maps so much above.  The game will only be as good as the maps.

Level 39

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

The only thing I can say that I disagree with is the "kiddie camo" thing. I'm guessing you're referring to the Kawaii pack, where there is a camo full of 'cute' (which is the definition of Kawaii when translated from Japanese to English) characters. From the kids that I have seen play the game, I've seen none that have this camo on. And besides that, what about the small population of female players on this game that may happen to fall into the cliche affection towards pink and cute characters? Also, considering there are a large group of males averaging the age of 21-25 that watch My Little Pony and refer to each other as 'Bronies', why do you consider this pack "kiddie"? (That's saying that you're referring to this camo and not one of the others).

Level 20

in reply to kylet345

kylet345 wrote:

The only thing I can say that I disagree with is the "kiddie camo" thing. I'm guessing you're referring to the Kawaii pack, where there is a camo full of 'cute' (which is the definition of Kawaii when translated from Japanese to English) characters. From the kids that I have seen play the game, I've seen none that have this camo on. And besides that, what about the small population of female players on this game that may happen to fall into the cliche affection towards pink and cute characters? Also, considering there are a large group of males averaging the age of 21-25 that watch My Little Pony and refer to each other as 'Bronies', why do you consider this pack "kiddie"? (That's saying that you're referring to this camo and not one of the others).

What you say is true.  And the demographics you mentioned just might find the "feel" for them to be more desireable becuase Kawaii and others (I didn't really pay attention to the names of the various camos) are there.

However, for whatever reason they are there, like I said, it took out the adult, combat and war "feel" I personally preferred. 

Level 39

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

Overall I give it a C+ to a B- (a pretty good rating BTW, think of an "A" game as perfection.)

The kiddie camos took away the adult, combat or war "feel" a game such as CoD should provide.

But for Nuketown and it coming up every other map, it would have been a solid B-.

But for Slums, Cargo, Standoff, it would have been a C.  The last map pack helped too.

The rest of the maps fell victim to forumla.  That was just lazy and uninspired.  But for this, it may have been a solid B.

Crashing systems at release left a lasting impression that the game is flawed.  "You never get a chance to make another first impression."

I had no real problems with the game's playability or weapons or perks, etc.  They are what they are and my opinion is CoD isn't that hard to adjust to title after title because it really doesn't change that much titile after title.  Maps skills have always been key to good play, which is why I focused on maps so much above.  The game will only be as good as the maps.

The game is still freezing sometimes and the sound glitch still appears.

Level 13

in reply to squirt_magoo

The game is too inconsistent on Multiplayer. Yesterday I was running with an ACOG on my DSR and I stood behind someone and 2 head shots later he/she turns around and 1 bullets me. The KSG was way out of sync, every time I hit someone in the torso nothing happend, no hitmarker, but if I shot them a foot either side of where they were stood I'd get an insta kill. I bought the first DLC which is now Disabled and the only decent map on that was Grind.

A while back I ran with ballistic knife only and went 23-7. The next day the knives wouldn't even register and both the ballistic knife and combat axe seemed to just go through people and disappear. That is probably due to lag or lag compensation which means it will always play that way and be inconsistent. Dedicated servers will not stop it. So do we blame the makers of the game? The speed of other players Internet? An online game like CoD will always play laggy and inconsistent because it relies on too many factors to run smoothly. Ghosts will be the same.

The general idea of of the CoD franchise is a good one for people who like fast paced arcade shooters. Battlefield had better dynamics and a slower paced game play but the maps are just way too big. The CoD community is getting younger and younger which is spoiling the game. I don't want to hear a 8-17 year old squeaker raging like a PMT induced beast in almost every lobby.

I played Zombies once and never again.

Campaign is ok, but that spider mission was annoying.

Was it worth the money? for me yes it was because it was a gift.

Will I be buying any other CoD game soon? No I won't be.

Rating 6.5/10

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to P34nut

I agree i mean i have played call of duty for years and its gets boring now i have been playing black ops 2 and it is frustrating if i keep playing black ops 2 i reckon i will have a heart attack and i dont no if im going to buy ghosts might get battle field though

Level 1

in reply to squirt_magoo

I give this game a 0/10 even a -1 rating. This game is simply a coded mess. Broken game mechanics, massive lag/latency issues. Treyarch games were always worse together with IW's last product MW3. The flashbacks in Singleplayer were cool. I wish the multiplayer would have stayed in the Rambo 3 Afghan era but not in this stupid Halo 2025 Über super soldier setting. Instead of pumping millions of dollars into the singleplayer they've should put the money into the multiplayer for a better online experience.

Level 13

in reply to squirt_magoo

This game is different from previous titles and I personally rank it better than all but one (and this is simply because there is nothing like the first COD game you play).

This game was not meant for the casual gamers, it is a very competitive game and to win you have to want to win. This is where many struggled, the idea that the game is not easy or simple made for some frustrating game play for many. They then turn around and complained the game was not to their liking.

Connection wise they can do a better job and they have (from what is read).

I give this game on a grading scale a A-

The one thing that affected it was its connection issues, that they seemed to not be able to consistently give.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to squirt_magoo

My Opinion? I think it is the most BORING Call of duty ever. BO2 may have been more of something new than MW3 was but at least MW3 was hectic and fun. I can play BO2 for 1-2 months then I get bored and feel it's worn out. Even one zombies map sucked, TRANZIT.  I like Black Ops 2 alot but it feels just so boring if you play it alot, with MW3 I was addicted to it everyday. At the end of the day it's the fun that counts, Treyarch made an amazing game I have to admit but I just get bored of it if I play alot.

Level 6

in reply to SirDarthVader

SirDarthVader wrote:

My Opinion? I think it is the most BORING Call of duty ever. BO2 may have been more of something new than MW3 was but at least MW3 was hectic and fun. I can play BO2 for 1-2 months then I get bored and feel it's worn out. Even one zombies map sucked, TRANZIT.  I like Black Ops 2 alot but it feels just so boring if you play it alot, with MW3 I was addicted to it everyday. At the end of the day it's the fun that counts, Treyarch made an amazing game I have to admit but I just get bored of it if I play alot.

I haven't played a COD that is so boring and dull like BO2. The weapons are boring because there are only 2 effective weapon categories and that's SMG's and Snipers. Maps are a boring and a clusterfuck. If this game wouldn't be branded as "Call Of Duty" it wouldn't have sold well.

Level 13

Studios