Where Are We Now: A Guide to How We Got to Black Ops II Zombies

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Where Are We Now: A Guide to How We Got to Black Ops II Zombies

Well at the time, there was some random thread about something dumb that was getting reply after reply and I'm sitting here saying "Are you serious?!?"  I just got frustrated.  But thanks for the good words.

Level 11

in reply to fatedtitan

fadedtitan, good work for the most part on compiling all these references and taking the time to do write this. I don't understand, however, where you get the idea that the wunderwaffe was fired while they were in the teleporter which caused them to go to the future? I didn't see that in the trailer or hear it in any radios. Also if Peter was in Verruckt which I assume is somewhere in Germany, how does it make sense that he escaped and somehow made it to Shi No Numa which is somewhere in the pacific or Japan? I was just wondering if you could clarify this. I know this sounds nit-picky but some of the details don't really add up. Anyway, great work.

Level 11

in reply to KingGnarthur

Thanks.  Good questions.

1.  In regards to the Wunderwaffe, this is just the commonly accepted belief of what happened.  It's honestly the only answer I can accept, and I'm a very sketpic person when it comes to theories and zombie storyline.  What's obvious is that the teleporter overloaded somehow.  The Wunderwaffe was still in the possession of the heroes all the way through Call of the Dead, when the crew gives it as a gift to the actors.  So most believe that it was fired and overloaded the teleporter, sending the team into the future.  But, as stated, there's not really a radio that tells us this happens or anything.  It's just agreed upon by most.

2.  From the Terminal(don't know exact code to type in.  If you want that, I can find it, but I hope you'll trust me on this and save me the time )

**Please use Agency standard cyphers for operative identity.”

HANDLER’S NOTES”

We successfully inserted Peter into Group 935 as a research assistant based out of Munich. Current location is unknown, but his last transmission suggested he had been transferred from the Der Riese facility to a top secret location known only as Verruckt. Most recent communique indicated that the 935 experiments are barely under control.

Attempts to secure all visible Group 935 research of Element 115 technology have been unsuccessful.

We fear that Peter's identity has been compromised. Sending in a Marine Recon unit to extract Peter from the asylum before it is too late. Operation leader will be one Tank Dempsey

The asylum must be contained at all costs.

"Signed Cornelius Pernell"

So as you can see from this message, Peter was at Verruckt.  And as can be seen from the radio transmission at Shi No Numa, he was also there.  How he got from one place to the other?  I have no idea.  It doesn't say that it was a day later that he got there.  So it could have been months getting over there or he could have taken a flight.  Nobody really knows.  But he was at both locations.  That is fact.

Level 11

in reply to fatedtitan

Good read man!!!  I knew most of this but it's a great way to pass the time at work!!!!

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to fatedtitan

Excellent Info man.

I like how some of it was paraphrased to avoid messy confusion.

Thanks for your hard work. The community appreciates things like this. Keep up the sick work.

p.s.

You should have mentioned Sophia a bit or even Harvey Yena, but it was pure gold reading your post.

Level 5

in reply to A_Stabbing_Pain

Yea I just didn't want to go that deep.  Do they have a place in the storyline?  Sure.  But so do A LOT of things, such as Agartha, Vril-ya, and Illuminati, but they're tough to fit into the story.  That's more along the lines of hidden aspects of the story.

Level 11

in reply to fatedtitan

Do you have any information on why the pyramids are so wrecked on Shangri La and why a similar pyramid to those found on Shangri La is in the bottom left corner of the right page on picture seen on the loading screen for Moon?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110815231258/callofduty/images/archive/2/26/20120120054524!Moon_Loading_Screen.png

Level 11

in reply to KingGnarthur

We don't really have a ton of info on that right now.  It looks like a storm wrecks Shangri-la, picking up some of the pyramids and throwing them into outer space.  Perhaps this is them attempting to explain how that pyramid got on Moon in the first place.  But I can't answer that for you.  All we have is speculartion until they give us more information through radios or little easter eggs.

Level 11

in reply to fatedtitan

wait, wait, wait. I just read the whole story and i don't understand alot (not that you wrote it wrong).

I feel like im mentally disabled when reading this.

"The story begins strangely enough at Moon.  Maybe not the location, but with the radios."

What!!?? What do you mean by "with the radios".

"Once Maxis leaves, Richtofen suspects that he will steal the plans and publish the findings himself.  With this in mind, Richtofen and Shusta decide to continue working so they can be the first to publish the findings."

What fundings, the transference device, the weapons he created, what?

"After a lot of testing, the two are finally ready to test the teleportation of a live subject.  Dr. Richtofen volunteers himself for the experiment.  As the teleporter activates it does not send him to the receiving device.  Instead, he ends up in a dark cave with little light."

Where does this all take place? Where is the receiving device. WHY DOES he end up in some dark cave with little light in the middle of f-ing nowhere.

"It is here that he finds the pyramid device.  He examines it until he sees a figure approaching him.  Figuring it to be Dr. Shusta, he asks him what happened to the lights.  We then hear him ask "Why are you whispering to me."  Whoever this character is is unknown, but it was not Dr. Shusta.  Richtofen is then teleported to what we know as Shangri-la."

Do we know why the pyramid device is their, who biult it, how big is it, how does it look like, what is its power (i didnt get that too), does it look like a pyramid? Do we still not know who whispered to Richtofen. Why is Richtofen for no said reason randomnly teleported into shangri-la? Someone whispered him something and then he randomnly just goes to a different location, was he in somekind of teleporter that was inside the cave that was scheduled to teleport?

Sorry for all the questions, as you can see this is my first time reading the full story and it seems very mind boggiling. Its like reading a book without the strong discriptions of the setting, charecters, objects, ext. (no offence though, i really appreciate your hard work and you really changed the way i looked at cod zombies).

Level 7

in reply to PleaseReply

It's okay.  Let me see if I can answer this for you.

1.  There are radios in almost every map that tell a part of the story.  If you listen to the links provided, you will hear what I'm talking about.  In Moon, the radios teach us what it was like at the beginning before the zombie outbreak and such.

2.  The Matter Transference Device aka the teleporter.  Richtofen suspected that Maxis would steal the findings and publish them for himself, as is heard in the radio link provided.

3.  The MTD experiments are done in Germany.  We don't have an exact location.  My guess would be Der Reise.  The receiving device is located in the same room, so when he doesn't show up, Shusta gets worried about what happened to Richtofen.  No one knows why it sent him to the moon, which is where this cave is located.  That's just what happens. 

4.  The pyramid device seems to have been placed there by maybe aliens or the Vril-ya.  No one is quite sure.  If you want to see what it looks like and the size of it, just YouTube some Moon gameplay and you'll see it.  If you listen to the radios, you'll hear that Richtofen can't find a power source for it, but it does seem energized since when he touches it, it shocks him.  We later find that souls power the device as another radio tells us that they kill a rat near it and it begins to fill up the tank that they found.  I'd highly suggest you watch some Moon easter egg gameplay.

Richtofen is teleported to Shangri-la after touching the pyramid.  It is assumed that the pyramid sent him here.  If you notice in Moon, there is a teleporter right above the pyramid.  Perhaps the pyramid can also teleport people.

To the question about the voices, I've found out that I do have an error.  Richtofen does not see anyone.  He just hears someone.  Whispers in his head.  After touching the pyramid, Richtofen has voices in his head telling him what to do.  You can see this on almost every map as he'll yell about the voices.  It is assumed that when Samantha and Richtofen switch bodies that the voices stay in Richtofen's body.  At the end of the Moon loading screen while playing solo, you can hear Samantha say "Do you hear the voices?"  She also makes comments about voices when playing as her on the map.

Level 11

Studios