Why Treyarch should bring back kino der toten in a 5th DLC.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Why Treyarch should bring back kino der toten in a 5th DLC.

in reply to TEX_715

Maybe open from another language stance, but from straight German to English, which is the case here, it is definitely 100% Kino = Cinema.

Most Austrians speak straight German, so translation would still be identical, but others speak Austro-Bavarian, and that differs greatly from German. I don't know of any direct way to translate Austro-Bavarian, but if your cousin is NOT an Austro-Bavarian speaker, then he is still translating it wrong. Only the accent in Austrians differs from Germans. Wording and pronunciation should still be the same.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

I speak russian and КИНО in russian means film, a movie. Whenever i hear theater i always think of a performing stage for some reason lol opera and plays.

Level 26

To be honest all I know Is he said he lived so close to the border of Germany he said he could ski there. Being a Yank my European geography skills are low and have no knowledge of Bavaria.

Level 17

in reply to TEX_715

I actually speak German, so my knowledge of the language is decent enough. I am also very good with my geography and history... especially European. I am 99.9% sure that Austro-Bavarian speaking Austrians occupy southern Austria, nearer the borders of Slovenia and Hungary, as opposed to the German side which is nearer Northern Austria.

The Austro-Bavarian language derived from a mixed culture throughout the years, featuring Serbians, Croatians, Yugoslavs, Hungarians and Russians who all occupied Southern Austria at points in time. Not 100% on that one though, but I am pretty sure I remember that being mentioned somewhere.

Level 53

Actually here in the U.S. we just say, lets go to the MOVIES. The Movies is known as the Cinema. You are right though. Theater is for plays and what not. movies shown on the big screen is considered a Cinema. HOWEVER ! a Theater with a retractable big screen like KINO, can be both. here in Houston Texas we have AMC Theaters, and EDWARDS Cinema.. both of which you can watch a movie. If a play is what you want, go to Downtown Houston's Theater District.

Level 12

in reply to TEX_715

The EE involves movie (film) reels and the stage has Projection Screen which makes me think it is a cinema lol, but in the introduction scene at the start Richthofen does say "In this theater of the dead"

Level 26
Highlighted

in reply to boybad3

yeah German has many dialects and colloquialisms but i think you guys are correct here

Level 17

in reply to BreakfastBiscui

Don't know why everyone likes Kino so much? I may be in the minority on this but I personally didn't like it and it would probably be in my bottom 4 of favourite maps. I've been playing religiously since WAW though so it wasn't my first taste of Z's.

If there was to be a 5th DLC with old maps I'd rather have nacht, shi no numa and Verrukt with pap added or some new perk machines. Nacht with DT 2.0 would be awesome.

Level 13

in reply to Mr_Spaceman

'Didn't like it' is probably a bit harsh tbh as I love everything zombie/team survival related...I'll rephrase that to 'one of my least favourites'

Level 13

in reply to Mr_Spaceman

I agree, I didnt like Kino all that much. It was my 1st Zombie map I ever played. Don't get me wrong it doesn't suck..I just think that Kino is so popular becuase everyone has it. If you bought Black ops, you got Kino. My Nephew is an really good Zombie player. For a long time, all he had was Kino. Till his 14th B-day when I bought him BO2 and all maps from 1 & 2..well just MOTD, Origins/Buried hadn't dropped yet. He still goes back to Kino just like I always go back to Der Riese.

Level 12

Studios