Why do campers camp!?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Why do campers camp!?

I hate campers the first time I played with them, so I learn everything I can to kick them out of their camping spot, now its got to the point where me and my friends can pubstomp anyone even a full team who try to camp, so why bother? you'd have better chances running around!

Level 6
109 REPLIES

Re: Why do campers camp!?

in reply to RazerDeadBullet

Because they're Campers? Is this an existentialist question? Why do bears defecate in forested areas? It's in their nature.

Level 5

Because not everyone finds it fun to rush around all the time like a headless chicken looking needing another kill in 2.5 seconds or less.

Level 70

There are situations where camping makes sense.

1. You're a sniper. Snipers "camp" because they've taken up a position that provides them with a line of sight in the distance where other players are bound to show up.

2. You're defending a captured flag. Locking down the area to keep the flag for your team.

What I hate is when people camp near flags that aren't even captured. Which means they're camping to wait for enemies to come to capture the flag. This is where camping is for lazy scrubs. Unless you're helping your team win, your camping is only boosting your own stats. Wanna boost your stats while camping? Play Free For All.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

So defending a flag is not helping your team...interesting theory. If you lose the flag it helps the team so defending it is usually a smart thing to do (obviously you also need people capturing/defending at least 2 flags to win).

That aside, Camping is a good and valid strategy. The best teams, IMO, have a few rushers and a few campers. Not everyone is real good at running and gunning and obviously many are not good at camping.  If you wanted people to run and gun and that was the only option, you would find a lot of your teammates may end up with very negative kill/death ratios which leads to your loss.  If you truly hate it so much and think that it should be removed than I highly suggest you only play Cranked in Ghosts though I'm sure there will be plenty of campers there too

You don't know how many times I have gone 23-3 and yet we still lose. Why? Because the teammates were running around with their heads cut off and not able to get positive. Change your strategy till you are helping the team. Once you get going in the positive then start running some more if needed, but going 2-15 never helps anyone! Campers help your team more often than not. They are the ones who are positive in their K/D ratio and help the team. Obviously I'm referring to TDM here. In some game modes, camping truly isn't as beneficial aside from defending.  Also, smart camping is also wise where you don't sit in the same spot the entire time but instead choose a variety of locations which you move around to so the enemy has to keep guessing as to where you are.

Level 33

Because they are not good. Ever since black ops 2 came out there has been a ton of campers.

Level 1

in reply to Matt_the_Frat

Ever since Black Ops 2??? There have been campers since the beginning of CoD! MW3 to me was the peak of camping, if you ask me. Blind Eye Pro, Assasin Pro, and Sitrep Pro and you were a golden camper.

While Black Ops 2 gives campers quite a few extra camping tools (Shock charges, claymores, bettys, danger close, target finders, riot shileds, etc...). I still see a lot less campers in Black Ops 2 than I did in MW3. It also seems easier to take out campers in Black Ops 2 than it did in MW3.

Level 18

in reply to BornPatriot

after 12 pages of bollox the simple answer is {BECAUSE WE CAN}..NUFF SAID..

Level 9

I don't camp only because I get bored sitting in one spot but if you want this to be a "realistic" game; you would camp more rather than run in the open and get shot. 

There are actually a lot less campers than what people like to cry about.  Pausing in a corner for a few seconds is not camping; it is good play to let them catch up to you and shoot them.  Every time someone crouches or hide a few seconds you hear everyone start yelling "camper".   Players get upset when they keep dying and keep repeating the same thing, trying to run and catch the "camper".  The maps are all small, just go in the opposite direction and get them from behind.

I'm a lousy player and even I can do that much.

Level 22

Let me put it like this, there are 3 main style. Rusher, Tactical Rusher and Camper.

Camper beats Rusher. Tactical Rusher beats Camper and Rusher beats Tactical Rusher.

So why does a Camper camp? Dont try to answer that. If your not a camper who cares. Just learn the campers tendancies.

You and your team can Pub Stomp? Who cares?

Level 28

Studios