Why is SEARCH AND DESTROY only 100 points per kill. BRING 500 POINTS A KILL BACK?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Why is SEARCH AND DESTROY only 100 points per kill. BRING 500 POINTS A KILL BACK?

On call of duty 4 - WAW - MW2 -MW3 - BO1 on search and destroy for each kill you got 500 points? so why on call of duty BO2 u only get 100 points per kill. this is stupid and needs to be changed. Search and destroy is by far the best game mode and most tactical and if you were a good player it was also good for ranking up and earning alot of score. but now u get the same points for a kill on searh and destroy as you do on tdm headquarters and domination and probably the rest of the game modes. this is wrong because an average game of tdm u get around 20-30 kills another words 2000-3000 XP. an average game of search a good player gets around 8-15 kills which is only 800-1500 XP. which has destroyed the game mode search and destroy. apart form this BO2 is brilliant but this should be sorted as i have played search and destroy on all of the call of dutys. if search and destroy went bck to 500 points per kill the game would be brilliant. PLZ fix this and comment if you think i am right cheers.

Level 1
11 REPLIES

Re: Why is SEARCH AND DESTROY only 100 points per kill. BRING 500 POINTS A KILL BACK?

in reply to oSmurfo

cod 4 and waw you only get 50 points a kill

Level 1

Re: Why is SEARCH AND DESTROY only 100 points per kill. BRING 500 POINTS A KILL BACK?

in reply to oSmurfo

I am not sure why, but the last two games have hated on s&d. It used to be the all mighty for getting score. Now you get into a lobby and spm are at like 70...most terrible tdm players are at 100. That is not how it should be. An awesome s&d player should never be getting lower spm than an average tdm player. Its a harder variant which is why it is more points if you do well. I agree with the op. Bring it back. And to the previous poster, yes it was only 50 a kill but normal tdm was weighted at 5 i believe so it worked out that s&d players always carried high spm.

Level 25

in reply to Makellos

Its not a "harder variant/best gamemode etc", it is simply a different gametype for people with different preferences. But agreed due to the lower potential opportunities to kill and the higher risks of having to wait it out/being denied gametime if killed early, a kill in SnD SHOULD carry more weight that other gametypes. It has been this way in past CODs because it makes sense. Treyarc should really justify why they've made this change. Perhaps tweet Vahn?

Level 7

in reply to oSmurfo

It is becasue it would make it too easy to boost for score streaks in that play list. Two kills and you could have some of the strongest streaks in the game at your finger tips if it was 500 a kill. Where in any other playlist that would not ever happen.

So with the advent of score streaks and everything adding to it, they are more than likely not ever going to give SnD the high scores anymore. Plus you should not just be playing SnD just because you got more score and could level up faster.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

I interpreted the point as meaning it should be a little more due to the nature of the gametype, but of course 500 would be excessive under the new score streak system. Vahn did say they will be tweaking the points system for various gametypes based on their data so this may be a valid area to look into for them. 

Level 7

in reply to oSmurfo

For a kill in SnD you get 100 points to your score streak. That's what's shown on screen. You still get 500 XP towards your rank for every kill, but that's not what's shown. It's kind of confusing, just like confiming a kill in KC is worth 50 xp but 100 scorestreak points, it shows 100 points on screen but it's still 50 xp I think.

Level 12

in reply to oSmurfo

the 100 pts are for killstreaks....you still get the same 500xp towards your lvl....do some research before typing a massive paragraph of QQ that oozes stupid from it >.<

Level 1

in reply to bluespectre

bluespectre no u dont get 500 xp a kill u get 100 and u get 100 that goes onto your score. 'do research before you QQ' i think u need to get the correct reasearch and ya facts write before ya start fillIing peoples heads with aload of lies!!!!!!!!!

Level 1

in reply to oSmurfo

Its +100 for scorestreak and 500xp for the kill...

Level 1

Studios