Why is the Scar-H so unpopular?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Why is the Scar-H so unpopular?

Until recently my favourite AR was the AN-94 but this has changed. I never really used the Scar-H because of the low fire rate and TTK so I decided to stick with it and get better at handling the Scar-H. I'm glad I did because it really is the most brutal AR in the game. The damage and range are just ridiculous, on Turbine I use it with ACOG, foregrip and select fire to shoot in burst mode and take out snipers from across the map but it's also very suited for rushing. Stick on adjustable stock, foregrip and quickdraw handle and it's the most deadly AR in the game. Sure, the firerate is low but the enormous damage more than makes up for this. So why is the Scar-H so unpopular?

It also just sounds badass imo. I love the low thumping sound it makes.

Level 5
26 REPLIES

Re: Why is the Scar-H so unpopular?

in reply to Lemwise

im glad its not as popular, if people started to use it more than we would get complaints and it would get nerfed. So shhhhhh there is no SCAR -H

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Lemwise

I think its a great gun...just need forgrip cuz of kick. one of 2 ars I use tho...

Level 1

in reply to Lemwise

People are afraid of the recoil and slow RoF.

I love the AR's that have that high damage and you can just feel the power in them.

Level 28

in reply to Lemwise

Its a tough gun to use. The ROF is similar to the fire rate cap on the FAL - which is way easier to use.  The recoil is crazy and less predictable than other high recoil guns, especially considering the low rate of fire.   I have had some beast games with it though.

I have used all the assault rifles enough to get them all gold - so I have a working knowledge of them all.  I prefer the quick draw, stock and suppressor.  The muzzle flash is brutal and getting rid helps my shot a lot, especially at long ranges.  In short - there are at least 3 rifles I would rather use (AN94, FAL and M8) - that's why I don't use it anyways...

Level 3

in reply to stevemcqueen122

The recoil isn't that bad if you know how the use the gun. Like I said, select fire helps a lot in controlling it, especially on long range shots. If your aim is true you can drop the enemy with one burst.

Level 5

in reply to Lemwise

I hate how people are raving about the AN-94, its not the worst but its definitely not the best AR. My two favourite AR's. The first ws the Type 25 cuz it can basically be considered a SMG with a bigger clip, and it won gun battles. I used this at first as my main AR, but then the clip runs out so fast because of the RoF is so high I got caught reloading too much in search/hardpoint.

The M8 is the best AR by far! You put a reflex, quickdraw, suppressor on that bad boy and your a winner. The reason -  The suppressor drops recoil, which also means you can increase your RoF. Quickdraw to battle SMG's/Snipers. Reflex counter acts the suppressor, and also increase accuracy. There is no recoil on this gun, 3-4 shot kill, and its burst, silenced. Just unreal.

Level 1

in reply to f0rtydeep

SMG with a bigger clip? Pretty sure the Type 25 only has 30 to the clip? Most SMGs have more than that. However, yes, I too feel the Type 25 is very underrated. In fact, you share my taste in ARs. If I use one it will be the Type 25, M8a1 or M27

The Scar is a good gun, kicks like a mule compared to the rest of the ARs, but is very good nonetheless. If you can keep it under control, its a force to be reckoned with.

Level 31

in reply to f0rtydeep

The Suppressor doesn't reduce recoil but it removes the muzzle flash, which allows you to stay on target without having to worry about finding the enemy behind the muzzle flash.

Level 1

in reply to Lemwise

I actually really like that gun and really didn't appreciate it until I tried to complete the camos for it. Combine it with a silencer and stock and it becomes a pretty beast gun.

Level 18

Studios