Why the hell is there collision detection between players?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Why the hell is there collision detection between players?

Whos idea was it that it's cool to have collision detection in an FPS arcade game? Which Activision designer forgot about the teenage trolls and idle players and hardscoping teammates in doorways?

Which developer is getting paid for such a poor design? Please.

Level 6
11 REPLIES

Re: Why the hell is there collision detection between players?

in reply to Ascension-Xx

I know it's arcade like, but floating through teammates would be ridiculous. It's not going to LITERALLY be CoD Ghosts...

Level 1

in reply to Ascension-Xx

I'm glad it isn't as bad as MW3.

Level 59

in reply to Ascension-Xx

Collisions serve no useful purpose. It is literally only baiting trolls to trap people. You never ACTUALLY use the stupid game mechanic. I agree it should be removed, but its been in every cod, so they'll never remove it.

Level 6

in reply to Ascension-Xx

It wouldn't be so bad if the maps had more elbow room. Every alleyway, corridor, room, and spawn is nothing more than a shoulder's width of space. Black Ops didn't have this problem because Black Ops had space in it's maps that didn't force players on top of eachother. MW2 was the same way, lots of openess and no need to run up your teammates ass.

MW3 was the start of this issue. In my opinion MW3 was the first CoD that went overboard on clutter and tight spaces. This was the first game where I noticed players having trouble trying get away from their own teammates. Black Ops II somehow managed to make that worse.

Level 75

in reply to Ascension-Xx

maps are too small for player collision. ive had plenty of 3 stooges moments where 3 people try to walk thru a doorway at the same time and you spend the next minute trying to wiggle out of it before the other team shoots you all dead.

my favorite little player collision glitch is when you jump down and land on a teammates head and get stuck there. usually happens on maps when you have to climb in a confined space.

Level 4

in reply to Ascension-Xx

If they took collision detection out. Wouldn't that also allow you to walk through walls and other solid Materials? maybe that's why it's in the game. Collision detection may also help with hit detection etc. I am not a programmer, I'm just merely suggesting stuff that I have no clue about.

Level 14

in reply to P34nut

Read the title. Troll.

Level 6

in reply to Ascension-Xx

I'll tell you what is frustrating, running lightweight/marathan and rushing off at the start only to get trapped on the slower players on your team who spawned in front.

It's as if I'm chewing gum stuck to the bottom of their shoe.

Level 2

in reply to Ascension-Xx

One, you shouldn't even be camping in a corner and two, if your are colliding with your teammate then just run the other way. There are more than one way to get to the other side of the map. Don't just go to the same spot every time.

Level 10

Studios