Will Activision release the NEXT COD in NOVEMBER 2013 for current-gen consoles AND next-gen consoles?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Will Activision release the NEXT COD in NOVEMBER 2013 for current-gen consoles AND next-gen consoles?

I'm very curious as to how Activision is going to approach the next COD. Obviously, they want to get their hands on all our CASH.

So... What's the best way of doing this?

I'm not sure how many millions of copies of COD they sold in the first couple of weeks. I remember something like 7 million copies.

I'm sure the sale of PS4s and Xbox720s won't be able to keep up with these kind of numbers.

So, in November 2013, will Activison be releasing a PS3 version, a PS4 version, an Xbox360 version and an Xbox720 version?

OR

Will they use the popularity of COD, to help sell the next-gen consoles by having them exclusively on the next-gen consoles?

I don't claim to know the answer, but I'm really curious as to what's going to happen. Personally, I'm asking Santa Claus for the PS4 AND the Xbox720, so I'm good either way.

(Before anyone starts on their, "You spoiled kid!" rant... I'm an adult, and I know I'll be buying both next-gen consoles)

Level 21
9 REPLIES

Re: Will Activision release the NEXT COD in NOVEMBER 2013 for current-gen consoles AND next-gen consoles?

in reply to r8edtripx

I would be surprised if they didn't do both. I'm skipping the PS this time around and waiting for Xbox. I don't quite recall how it went with the PS3 and Xbox360 last time. Wasn't there a w@w final fronts (?) for ps3?

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

Re: Will Activision release the NEXT COD in NOVEMBER 2013 for current-gen consoles AND next-gen consoles?

in reply to r8edtripx

I will be buying both as well <I have both now>, thats because Sony occassionally do some decent family games <like little planet> that the Grandkids play when they are over, plus their Movie selections and other stuff differ significantly from XBL <The PS3's ability to run 3D movies for instance>.

What would be cool is if Games Devs using something like elite would allow your ranks and achievements to carry forward across both platforms, so you could switch platforms. I have friends on both systems currently and it would be nice to move between them at will

Level 7

in reply to r8edtripx

Stupidly, yes. If they had any common sense, they'd wait until 2014 and blow our minds with a whole new experience.

Unfortunately, they're trying to kill off CoD so that they can milk Destiny.

Level 5

in reply to Beast_Of_Americ

I like the look of Destiny and Crysis 3, reckon I will be playing both of those.

Level 7

in reply to Mahburg1

Oh yeah. I just hope Bobby Kotick keeps his slimy hands off of the creative aspect. I don't want to see Destiny end up like CoD, catering to the bitches who shouldn't be playing.

Level 5

in reply to r8edtripx

I'm leaning towards a release 11-12-13. Apparently Neversoft is somehow involved as well as the MW3 developers for MW4. Probably the final 360 CoD game. Can't wait to see what happens.... Maybe Treyarch is getting prepared now for the next gen. The more intriguing question for me is what Respawn Entertainment has up their sleeve for the next gen. Will they be able to change my drug of choice????

Level 23

in reply to BKBLAZER

bkblazer wrote:

I'm leaning towards a release 11-12-13. Apparently Neversoft is somehow involved as well as the MW3 developers for MW4. Probably the final 360 CoD game. Can't wait to see what happens.... Maybe Treyarch is getting prepared now for the next gen. The more intriguing question for me is what Respawn Entertainment has up their sleeve for the next gen. Will they be able to change my drug of choice????

I would be ok with jumping ship, but it's a tricky endeavor to put out a game that is similar enough to COD to feed that addiction, but different enough to win people over.

I tried Crysis 2 a while back, but the nano suit stealth/invisible mode slowed the game down too much for my liking. Crysis 3 has the same stealth/invisible mode, so I'm not even going to give it a shot.

Going back to the next COD discussion though...

I wonder what the matchmaking is going to be like in the next COD, if COD is released on current-gen and next-gen consoles.

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

W@W had a ps2 and a ps3 version.  I don't think Activision would only release on one console simply due to the numbers. 

You need a "better version" to sell the ps3 but you also want all the money from those not adapting the new system right away.

Level 7

in reply to xtraflossy

xtraflossy wrote:

W@W had a ps2 and a ps3 version.  I don't think Activision would only release on one console simply due to the numbers.

Cranium commented earlier that he thought there might have been a PS2 & PS3 version released for W@W. Nice to see that confirmed.

Ok, cool, well I doubt they'll vere from that advertising/sales model. I wonder how many people will be in the different playlists for the next-gen consoles. I play Core, but I've seen HC complain about them not having enough playlists as it is.

Level 21

Studios