With a step closer to a World War 3 (Russia invading Ukraine just recently), what does this mean for the future of first person shooter games?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

With a step closer to a World War 3 (Russia invading Ukraine just recently), what does this mean for the future of first person shooter games?

The possibility of World War 3 in the near future, could Treyarch base BO3, and even less far fetched, BO4, off of WW3?

And could zombies become Russian Zombies, just like the pre-BO2 zombie era had Nazi Zombies?

Level 2
9 REPLIES

Re: With a step closer to a World War 3 (Russia invading Ukraine just recently), what does this mean for the future of first person shooter games?

in reply to BreakfastBiscui

Seriously, if you guys haven't heard, which is very unlikely, then just click on this link:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-imperialism-ukraine-and-the-danger-of-world-war-iii/5371960?utm_sour...

Level 2

Re: With a step closer to a World War 3 (Russia invading Ukraine just recently), what does this mean for the future of first person shooter games?

Russian Zombies had been around in Black Ops.

Level 5

I dont think that exploiting a recent event would be a good route to take. I think it would piss alotta people off.

It wouldn't be no different then us killing Z's in the World Trade center. Which I think would be in bad taste.

Don't even get me started on how they use the suffering of others to make a profit. It wouldn't suprise me though.

Do you realize that the U.S. National Anthem is the only one that has both Rockets and Bombs in the lyrics ??

Food for thought !!

Level 12

We need Vodka... Vodka and cheese.

Level 26

Well, I guess, what do you expect when they start to make a game about WW3?

Level 2

If WW3 starts we have alot more to worry about than the next cod, US vs Russia their only one outcome everyone loses both country's would be destroyed.

Level 6

in reply to I_Am_Overpowere

If it resulted in a nuclear war then ya. Treyarch makes games, they aren't hired by the military. Same goes for any other video game company. So, video game companies would be looking to produce something new. That's what they do.

when thinking about WW3, the next COD is one of the last things I would be thinking about, considering i would probably get drafted, along with some of my family, friends.

Level 2
Highlighted

In addition, if we lost, it would mean Russia takes us over, then we are really screwed. So, don't take me as someone who only thinks of a potential video game whenever a war comes up. but this is a video game forum, so what else are we going to discuss.

Level 2

Im sure infinity ward already got dibs on it with mw3, but treyarch could do an aftermath one with glow in the dark zombies.

Level 17

Studios