Would it really be that hard to stop glitching?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Would it really be that hard to stop glitching?

I'm no game programmer but I do understand that the running program know's were every object on the screen is. That would include the players. One thing common to barrier/pile up glitchers is that they really don't move much.

Why can't they add some code that records the static point's and time there and filter out for developer designed camping spots. Score it like a email spam trap where it must trigger a certain level before action. That way, low round glitchers that do not affect the leaderboard wouldn't drain any resources. It's the high round cheaters you'd want to target.

They could maybe pass that to a human for further review, pass it to the employees that patch glitches or block adding the game to the leaderboards or stats.

It doesn't seem to me to be either difficult or costly.

Level 18
50 REPLIES

Re: Would it really be that hard to stop glitching?

in reply to USarmyvet

If you run into a glitcher just report them and move on.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to USarmyvet

4 people get kicked out or ani err in high rounds with legit gamers. If that can't be fixed, glitching is forever. Besides, this way jimmy has a way to get to high rounds in his game lol. 

Level 21

in reply to Tacnimin

Exactly. Before they go fixing the glitching they need to fix the problems that plague legit players.

Level 15

in reply to Tacnimin

Tacnimin wrote:

4 people get kicked out or ani err in high rounds with legit gamers. If that can't be fixed, glitching is forever.

Treyarch has a lot of issues on them but I think the anim obj error is one that is tied to the MP engine. The zombie side of Treyarch is using a Treyarch MP engine that is a modified IW engine which is like a  5th generation modification itself.

I'm also pretty sure the MP engine is why we have a 2-3 player leaderboard but the stupid azz program goes looking for more players when you try to quickly fire up a 2 man game.

Im not sure....but maybe there are things the Zombie devlopers can't change without affecting MP.

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

Here let me show you something I'm getting it ready right now

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

This is why I posted why does it matter How do you know what is considered a glitch and what is suppose to be in the game.  Just because someone wants to shoot zombies where they can't get to them does not mean it's wrong. IMO

Most of this community lies anyway about it. LOL

what does this look like?

http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/138/hufh.jpg

Level 18

in reply to Zombie-Hell-Fire

The zombs can get you whilst standing on that table so that is not a glitch.

Level 13

in reply to Mr_Spaceman

That's why he's still standing on it in the video and at the same time getting slapped multiple times LOL

Level 18

in reply to Zombie-Hell-Fire

Zombie-Hell-Fire wrote:

That's why he's still standing on it in the video and at the same time getting slapped multiple times LOL

That's a promo trailer dude....shows about 1 second of him on the table.

That's your proof Treyarch planned for people to be inside of a wall or build table?

LOL!

Level 18

Studios