Zombie Ranks KD Requirement Theory (KD Ranges?) NOT CONFIRMED IN ANY WAY, JUST SPECULATION

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Zombie Ranks KD Requirement Theory (KD Ranges?) NOT CONFIRMED IN ANY WAY, JUST SPECULATION

in reply to matuzz

Got to be his revives.  He has almost as many revives as downs.  That is pretty hard to do.  I think my revives are half my downs.  Maybe that is why it keeps putting me in the kids games, it wants me to revive more.  I never buy quickrevive in Town as it cuts out one of the other perks.

Level 12
Highlighted

Re: Zombie Ranks KD Requirement Theory (KD Ranges?) NOT CONFIRMED IN ANY WAY, JUST SPECULATION

in reply to codeaholic

Rank is not determined by anything other than rounds and downs. My one friend has the knife and he has only played custom games. He got the knife by getting to 40 back to back . It definite throws KD out because his is 25 and he hasn't played since he got the knife. No stat helps you rank up. Th. Reason everyone ranks up at different " levels" is just that. Stats are there for peice of mind but to rank up it's based off rounds and downs.

Level 3

in reply to codeaholic

personally i always buy quick revive double tap jug and speed cola but on town u can use tomb stone to down urself and get stamina up and another tomb stone to get all the perks.

Level 6

in reply to obma97

I posted on a related thread a couple days ago.  I strongly feel that your kills/downs have very little to do with your rank.  I think it has more to do with your average round that you make it to.  I base this on a comment one of the Dev's stateed about them not making new ranks because it would make it too hard for people to rank up.  if the rank system was based on k/d then it wouldn't be any harder other than getting your k/d up.  this leads me to believe that the game keeps track of all of your games and keeps a runnning average of what round you make it to.  Of course there is a connection between your ability to get so many kills before you get downed and what round you typically make it to, but there is not a definite relationship.  I tested my theory by playing 5 games in a row on tranzit when I  very few games played.  I had just lost my skull/knife icon and then got it back.  after starting the game and then nding the game without getting any kills or downs 5 times in a row, I was deranked back to just a skull.  This proved to me that kills and downs had no effect on my rank.

essentially every game you play, not just the most recent, are taken into account for your rank.  Your average round per game. Good luck trying to calculate this value if you have not taken note of every game since you started playing. 

Level 9

in reply to obma97

lol 4 months into this game and people are still talking about this... really? Everyone has figured it out already. Ask anyone with shotgun ranks. Jimmy even said it: "If you're good, you get high rank. If you suck, don't cry."

Level 1

in reply to zAchan

and people will continue to talk about it until they know for sure what the ranking system is based on. Your reply is pointless and does nothing to address the OPs thread. I don't get how you can simply state "Everyone has figured oit out already. Ask anyone with shotgun ranks." and expect that to be an answer.  I have several friends who have shotguns emblem while I have skull and knife, and not 1 of them can explain how they got the emblem. All of our stats are very close and mine are actually better than some of them.  The exact thing/things that rank you up are not known.  You obviously took this thread as an opportunity to display you need to belittle others, or at least pretend to think you are more knowledgable then everyone on here.  If you infact know exactly what it is that allows people to rank up, why not post it? 

Level 9

in reply to FOHDR

Just never rage quit from a game. Try to never go down. Play your best. If you get em, you get em. If not, try to improve your strategies.

Level 1

in reply to zAchan

Not true - 500,000 kills and 2500 downs and still no shotguns. Ranking is glitched and severely Bs. I understand why people get mad

Level 1

in reply to obma97

Hey dude. I think this may be incorrect. I checked my kd ratio before this match, it was 42. I had taken no breaks recently and I was only on skull with cross bones. I then got to round 31 and it got me to a kd ratio of 46 and I got skull. So, I think you are on the right track, but still a bit off.

Keep up the good work dude!

Level 1

in reply to Musiclover1514

Crossbones = Too Low Of A Rank

You can get a skull rank anytime between a K/D ratio of 20-50. I'm pretty sure it should've been SUPER easy to get that rank.

Level 30

Studios