getting dropped into nearly ending matches.....

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

getting dropped into nearly ending matches.....

Im trying to figure out as to why when you go to get into a match theyre putting you into one thats nearly done and then youre not able to get any kills and then you end up with a 0.00 K/D and this in turn drops your overall K/D down all the time? I have been dropped into at least 1000 matches/lobbies where the scores like 71/45 or otherwise and in a matter of seconds the match is over and ive not fired one shot. This is playing havoc with my K/D ratio that im trying to keep up in the positive, and also its very annoying to say the least. Isnt there something that can be done to eliminate these types of matches from occurring?

Level 1
14 REPLIES

Re: getting dropped into nearly ending matches.....

in reply to lunatyk7968

Okay ... please do not take this as in any way denigrating you. What I am about to tell you is derived from experience in over 10,000 matches and 1000s of hours of game play.

In other words, I would not have this opinion without having done exactly what I am about to tell you I think is the reason for what you are experiencing.

Stop backing out of matches. I've gotten into ruts where I back out of a slew of matches and then immediately try to find another one. When I do that, I tend to get dropped into matches that are well under way or nearly finished.

If I stay in the same lobby for a long time, roughly 10 matches or more, I tend to be dropped in a still-forming lobby instead of mid-game.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

theres maps that i dont like to play so i leave from tome to time...maps like Hydro and Magma...cannot stand them...and i leave before a match starts if only for personal reasons like bathroom breaks and such....

Level 1

in reply to lunatyk7968

lunatyk7968 wrote:

theres maps that i dont like to play so i leave from tome to time...maps like Hydro and Magma...cannot stand them...and i leave before a match starts if only for personal reasons like bathroom breaks and such....

That's fine. Leaving between matches won't cause you problems. It's leaving during matches that causes the problem. I mean, you're still going to get dropped into a match underway from time to time. Assume it will be a loss. One match ain't gonna kill your WLR; leaving a lot matches that are underway will kill your WLR. Between matches you can get a better feel for the make-up of the lobby and whether or not you want to stay.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to lunatyk7968

Stop rage quitting. You said it yourself your trying to keep your k/d up so i can easily bet when your dont do well you rage quit,

Level 6

in reply to I_Am_Overpowere

I dont rage quit...I play every match and I still get dropped into a nearly completed match when i try to start playing...i have to take breaks for personal stuff like going to the bathroom, eating, sleeping, etc...so thats when im getting dropped into this matches....

Level 1

in reply to lunatyk7968

so? then 1 game not going to hurt your k/d just play the match and stay in the lobby for the rest of the time and it wont happen anymore

Level 6

in reply to lunatyk7968

This has nothing to do with 'rage' quitting.  It just part of the game.  It was like that since day 1 and was never resolved.  One of the joys of MP on BOPs2

Level 22

in reply to crazycanuk

it has everything to do with rage quitting this your first cod? this join in progress has happened in every game and will continue as long as ppl back out of matches someone has to be put in their place.

Level 6

in reply to I_Am_Overpowere

hahahaha, no its not my first cod.  Must be your's though based on your "rage" quit hypothesis.  Where have you been for the entire year this game has been out?  Time to move on to a new game I think.

Come join us on Ghosts.

Level 22

Studios