please treyarch no ranking system next time

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Highlighted

Re: please treyarch no ranking system next time

in reply to whots_his_face

whots_his_face wrote:

BO1 was no where near the nightmare BO2 is.  When you started a game you knew how a player would perform by looking at their high rounds and their contribution to that game.  Of course it wasn't a guarantee, but I personally found it to be pretty reliable.

I agree....seeing the lobby leaderboards was infinitely better than the garbage replacement in BO2. However, I disagree that it was reliable and over time it became worse. 

Eventually....even crappy box bangers hook up with 3 solid killers and get carried well past their abilities. The BO1 method was best in the first month and the reliability diminished slowly over time.

In addition....both systems are worthless without some glitcher pruning code. I'm also convinced that they deprecate games by adding glitches.....take the knife lunge glitches on COTD and Ascension as an example....they appeared right before the launch of BO2. 

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

what about leaving it the way it is and implementing monthly leader boards? or omitting the downs and replacing with average rounds per game.

Level 21

in reply to USarmyvet

I'm also convinced that they deprecate games by adding glitches.....take the knife lunge glitches on COTD and Ascension as an example....they appeared right before the launch of BO2. 

The Ascension and CotD knife lunge glitches were actually present before Moon launched, and unfortunately were not spotted by the dev's so did not get patched in the final update that was dropped 5 days after Moon dropped on PS3 and PC.

Outwidth this, knife lunge glitches were present on BO1 right from day 1. Thankfully they took the knife lunge feature out of BO2, or at least the ability to manually charge them up. It was a pointless feature

Still, even though glitches were still prominent in BO1, it did not affect many of my public matches, but when it did, I just quit out and added the glitcher to my avoid list straight away.

I would prefer to see lobby leaderboard's return myself, as the stat side of things was something that promoted selfish play. I know glitchers can still glitch to get high rounds, but it gave you a better idea of who you were playing with than the current setup does.

Level 53

in reply to RichRob

God, yes please, just end the ranking system completely.  I'm glad they tried it though, as it was something we all thought we wanted..  until we had it.

I played my first few public games for ages the other day, and I needn't explain how game after game someone jumped out.  The last game we played, we thought we had a genuinely good guy.  But by round 20 something he'd gone down 4 times, you could feel his frustration, before he exclaimed, "I'm going to have to drop out before I throw my controller through the TV"

There is never going to be a better way of  utilizing stats than in BO1.  The say it all.  And the only way to boost it is to play high rounds and not drop out.  Result!

Level 9

in reply to whots_his_face

MP punishes you when you quit early or kill teamates. I'd say, specially for those casual rage quitters out there, give em a 30 mins punishement for leavin' 3 games in a row before round 15. Would make perfect sense Or remove that useless rank system... Or take the xp suggestion into thinking, i don't see anyone brags they are prestige master on MP, why shouldn't it be the same on Z? If only they'd make another Z game, but i dunno, all good things need to END...

Level 14

in reply to RichRob

I think a ranking system could work, it's just theirs failed miserably. There are only 5 different ranks and between skulls, knifes and shotgunners it is hard to tell who will be best to play with. Scrap the tally marks as I don't think anyone cares how many days people play in a row and they just confuse things. For this example I'm going to use a number system from 15 to 1 where 15 is your starting rank and 1 is the top rank. I'm going to use weapons as emblems to represent a visible progression as you move up in rank.

1. Elemental Staff

2. Sliquifier

3. Paralyzer

4. Blundergat

5. Ray Gun Mark 2

6. Ray Gun

7. Galil

8. SVU

9. Python

10. MP-40

11. PDW-57

12. Five-Seven

13. Remington

14. M1911

15. knife

These ranks would be based on k/d but only a certain number of players can have each rank. For example, if there are 150,000 ranked players, only 10,000 can be rank 1. The more ranks the better as in the old ranking system a knife or a Remington would both be the same rank.

As well as the ranks, you will have a number next to your rank from 1-100 and everyone starts at 50. 100 is the worst and 1 is the best. Stats such as rage quitting, not reviving, teamwork, opened doors, box humping will be rated here and you will be given a score accordingly. Therefore, if someone has the elemental staff rank, but has 85 points next to it, you know they are a very skilled player but a nightmare to have on your team. If someone has the MP-40 rank, with 25 points next to it, you know their skill is not the best, but they are a good team player.

Although players will still want to rank up, if they rage quit  it will effect their point score and make better players less likely to play with them. Also, who would want to have the elemental staff rank with a score of 100 next to it?

Level 9

in reply to Davelo07

Davelo07 wrote:

For this example I'm going to use a number system from 15 to 1 where 15 is your starting rank and 1 is the top rank. I'm going to use weapons as emblems to represent a visible progression as you move up in rank.

1. Elemental Staff

2. Sliquifier

3. Paralyzer

4. Blundergat

5. Ray Gun Mark 2

6. Ray Gun

7. Galil

8. SVU

9. Python

10. MP-40

11. PDW-57

12. Five-Seven

13. Remington

14. M1911

15. knife

Paralyze at 3rd best rank? LOL!!!!

That gun alone is probably responsible for 95% of all the fake shotgun ranks in BO2

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

Yeah, it's definitely not accurate, i'd have the mark 2 higher aswell, but it's just a template. I wouldn't necessarily use the guns as emblems, it's just an example of more ranks and a way of knowing what they mean. I personally think the scoring system for kills should be different as well, to solve the problems of only using over powered weapons. A player who mainly uses the ray gun should get less rank points per kill than someone who mainly uses an automatic wall gun. And it shouldn't just be k/d, a round 1 zombie should do less for your rank than a round 20 zombie, then people who can't hit the high rounds can't boost by only playing early rounds 

Level 9

in reply to RichRob

I think instead of ranked emblems, they could have a "build your own emblem" style application to zombies. Not as open as MP emblem editing, but consider the following sections to choose out of:

-Head (skull, gas mask, etc.)

-Shield (the shields on skull, knife, and shotgun are all different, same concept)

-Weapons (knife, shotguns, etc. Could unlock other weapons by getting certain numbers of kills with each one in-game)

-Eye color (blue/orange unlocked after endgame activated, red after MotD EE completed, etc.)

-Detailing (spikes behind shotgun shield, crossbones, etc.)

-Rep system (similar to the endgame box on Buried, shows which EE have been completed, and which sides, but built into the actual emblem)

This would give us more unique emblems and actually show a bit more true ranking due to Rep system, not k/d and all that crap they track.

Level 13

in reply to Brexican94

Brexican94 wrote:

This would give us more unique emblems and actually show a bit more true ranking due to Rep system, not k/d and all that crap they track.

If all they did was rank people based on their "avoid/preferred" it would be 10 times better than what we have. People would be a heck of a lot more considerate in random matches.

For the cost of a couple of web conferences with about 50 players of various skills, I could hammer out a rank system that was fair and reliable. If I can do it, so can they....If they can't code it into the game with the millions of dollars in profits it's because they don't want to or don't care.

Level 18

Studios