please treyarch no ranking system next time

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Highlighted

Re: please treyarch no ranking system next time

in reply to USarmyvet

Agreed, I'm just saying that this would show if a player is dedicated enough to finish EEs or not. It wouldn't necessarily be a "rank" as opposed to a "status" which I like. If you wanted a long high round game, play with guys who have finished a lot. If you wanted to help out some noobs, play with guys who have next to nothing done.

The only reason I would like it is it seems like majority of zombs players are skulls. When I try to play with them, sometimes they are really grateful to have someone come in and show them the ropes, and sometimes they think theyre already good and know everything. Problem is you never know because ranks don't show knowledge of maps.

I can see the avoid/preferred working well, if they ever were going to try and fix this failed ranking system they have now in the next game (assuming there even will be one)

Level 13

in reply to USarmyvet

The avoid/preferred method sounds good. Will make those who are a nightmare to play with polish their team-work skills or face not having a large pool of players for coop. This would weed out most of the selfish/trollers/glitchers etc and the majority of the community can have fun.

However with Treyarch, the endgame might be just with the numbers. I.e. for them they just want as many people to play as possible...so a system that deliberately pushes the selfish/trollers/glitchers away, who in the end are their customers of Treyarch anyway might not be tantilising for the company.

We will just wait and see what awaits next in the zombies ranking world.

Level 8

in reply to RichRob

Just brainstorming here, but what do you all think about keeping the same stats tracked with the exception of downs and deaths.  Just eliminate those 2 stats and in their place put more useful stats like melee kills and total points earned.

It seems to me downs and deaths are the only negatively perceived stats and the root cause of many problems.

And screw emblems.  Make it to where you can see all the stats of all players you are about to get in a game with, whether they are randoms or friends.  

Level 22

in reply to RichRob

I Always thought that the ranking system should be based on what type of player you are, example- if you are a camper with not many miles traveled, you could have a tent emblem. If you are a trainer, with many miles traveled, you could have a lighting bolt or something. If you are a Easter egg hunter, an Egg. That when inserted of judging a player by his rank, you can see what kind of a player he/she is and then decide if that player fits your team or not.

Level 10

in reply to RichRob

I feel you should take rank away but show the lobby in game achievements or badges. Things like a badge

30-100 round badges(obtained in a set in solo and another in co op)

1000 kills(in one game)

1000 head shots (in one game)

Ten different guns used in one game (have to get 200 kills with each weapon)

Then you can have these badges in a thropy case for the lobby to see. Another thing they can do is have stats for if this player quits early, the ratio of how many time this player have revived someone when there is a player downed. The percentage of doors that person opens when there are available doors to be opened, the average time this person plays a match for. What is the average round this person plays for. How many time they capped a round after level 20 when the other 3 bleed out. At the end have a MVP of the match, based on every that happens in the match, don't base it on just kills and downs. Take those stats into consideration and give the stars from 1-5. This will stop the rage quitting and make people play as a team

Level 3

in reply to RichRob

A lot of bullying goes on with the ranking system and I disagree with

RichRob wrote:

Anyone can run in a circle and shoot into a pile of the undead and make it to round whatever feel like making it to.

Maybe make the guns work then in the later rounds and this wouldn't be a problem. Anyway there are a lot of errors that happen while running in a circle and shooting into a pile of zombies that most don't have the skill to do.

Level 18

in reply to Zombie-Hell-Fire

Not everyone can run in a circle and shoot into a pile of zombies AND survive. Otherwise every single zombie player will boast higher rounds of 30+

Yes on paper this sounds simple but the skill to generate and keep in check the 'peleton' of zombies takes time to learn.

Once you have the majority of zombies bunched together then yes it is easy to pick them off. However in the higher rounds like 30+ usually you have to train 2-3 peletons as there are mulitple waves in the round.

Level 8

in reply to RichRob

I like ranks, but I could live without them.

I think a better alternative would be challenges. For example you complete challenge for collateral and x % of headshots during a round. This gives you xp. This xp can be used for tokens. These tokens allow you to buy persistent perks like extra headshot damage, a better starting gun, or extra perk slot. I think rewarding people for staying in the game is a good idea too. More you stay in the xp you get. However, after you use the tokens all your challenges get reset or something so you can't stack too many rewards. Instead of the green flash and ranking system I think this would keep zombies fresh and give people incentive to play for higher rounds. They could design challenges to give incentive to stay in the game.

Level 15

in reply to RichRob

I think ranking would be awesome if they set it up right.

Ranking as it is just adds to the whole feeling of making Zombies a chore to play instead of fun.

Instead of playing the game for fun the rank system had me playing the game to not go down.

Level 28

in reply to RichRob

I like the zombie stats, but I wish they designed it in a different way. They basically took all of your stats and made it into 1 symbol that everyone judges you on before you get into the game. I wish there was a way just to look at their stats other than the symbol. Then people wouldn't care so much and people would stop glitching. They just need to redesign zombie stats.

Level 1

Studios