please treyarch no ranking system next time

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: please treyarch no ranking system next time

in reply to uncontrollable_

There is actually a way, at least one i used to judge people on. Look at their recent games on their profile. If i see a ton of 5-10 mins games, they clearly suck and prolly even rage quit. No thanks

Level 14

in reply to Necaross

True in some cases but this is still no definite measure if they are rage quitters or not.

Some maps such as Bus Depot survival, for the uninitiated the round duration doesn't go for long. Also need to take into account the fact that when the lobby leader leaves...well on observation the clock stops counting at that point. So the other three players are left with a short game recorded in their channel.

This actually sucks because if I were judged based on this then I might definitely look like a quitter. I play games with friends that usually last 1.5-2 hrs then log on to play with randoms after. With lobby leaders leaving the games can be 5-10 minutes. Someone else looking at my channel might deem me a quitter and assume since the game didn't last for the usual >1.5 hrs I have quit out of the short games.

Level 8

in reply to maxslick

I've seen people with games of 5 mins, like 10 games in a row. Everyone have a game that people quit, but if you don't have any games recently that didn't last at least 1h, i'm backing that lobby. That's how i see if you are good enough or not. That's just my way, not everyone's. I haven't been in 10 games in a row where someone leave early, you should be really unlucky if you can't pull a 1 hour game in the last 10 games you played...

Level 14

in reply to Necaross

Necaross wrote:

There is actually a way, at least one i used to judge people on. Look at their recent games on their profile. If i see a ton of 5-10 mins games, they clearly suck and prolly even rage quit. No thanks

This method might eliminate 5% of the quitters. Realistically, how many people only last 5-10 min in BO2? It takes that long to open everything in buried or hit bank - get power on - build tramplesteam in Die Rise.

I really prefer people to quit in 5-10 mins. It's the ones that waste an hour or two of my life that I'd like to avoid.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to RichRob

I actually think a ranking system is quite an awesome aspact of zombies and they definitely shouldn't throw it out the door.  agree that it could be improved however. Why not create a ranking system comparable too the online multiplayer prestige system for zombies? And during the ranks you go up you can make use of small bonusses, for example: nicer looking emblems, colored guns, the ability to give other players money, permanent/persistent perks and the ability to get better guns from the mystery box.

You gain points for the overal team preformance, if you quite before the match ends you get less points. No de-ranking for performing bad.

I'm a casual COD player and when I play I mostly play zombies. A ranking such as this one would definitely make the game a lot more awesome for me than no ranking system.

Level 1

in reply to RichRob

I like the way the made the leaderboards. except i wish there were some like: Kabooms, max ammo, x2, etc picked up. and barriers rebuilt, and items built on tables.

I also miss lobby leaderboards that made finding a good match so much easier.

About the ranking system.. This should not rely on your leaderboard stats and kd. It should rely on how you average your player channel games. if you started out bad but got better youll be able to rank up according to your real skill, not and overall gameplay.

Then again, In WAW and Bo1. Getting down wasnt something to rage about. we just played zombies to play zombies. Sadly once you bring a ranking system in all we can ask is that they perfect it. because im attatched to it now lol.

Why not make it like multiplayer though, rank up with xp and have a zombie master rank at the end? Allow a emblem and playercard section aswell but in a zombie apocalypse style and color theme. id prefer that to the existing ranking system anyday lol

Level 3

Studios