40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless

Do you really think it was fake? You think the technologies and launches today just came up? They had to have some sort of foundation, where it all started...

The whole Moon Hoax was brought up by FOX (on February 15th when Fox television aired a program called Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?) in a premiere to bring in some viewer ratings...FOX! I shouldn't have to explain any more, because cmon'...it's FOX!!!

But sadly and unfortunately I must

The best rebuttal to allegations of a "Moon Hoax," however, is common sense. Evidence that the Apollo program really happened is compelling: A dozen astronauts (laden with cameras) walked on the Moon between 1969 and 1972. Nine of them are still alive and can testify to their experience. They didn't return from the Moon empty-handed, either. Just as Columbus carried a few hundred natives back to Spain as evidence of his trip to the New World, Apollo astronauts brought 841 pounds of Moon rock home to Earth.

You know how to make moon rocks? Well...you just, wait, that's right, you can't!! Smiley Surprised

Thank you for the time that you shouldn't have wasted because of those knickers trying to confuse you and what not.

Eidt: I no longer feel like the thread stated was useless, actually it was quite fun it was, (I don't know why but I'm tall-king like a Brith-esh man I am

Part 2:

According to the show NASA was a blundering movie producer thirty years ago. For example, Conspiracy Theory pundits pointed out a seeming discrepancy in Apollo imagery: Pictures of astronauts transmitted from the Moon don't include stars in the dark lunar sky -- an obvious production error! What happened? Did NASA film-makers forget to turn on the constellations?

Most photographers already know the answer: It's difficult to capture something very bright and something else very dim on the same piece of film -- typical emulsions don't have enough "dynamic range." Astronauts striding across the bright lunar soil in their sunlit spacesuits were literally dazzling. Setting a camera with the proper exposure for a glaring spacesuit would naturally render background stars too faint to see.

Part 3:

Here's another one: Pictures of Apollo astronauts erecting a US flag on the Moon show the flag bending and rippling. How can that be? After all, there's no breeze on the Moon....

Not every waving flag needs a breeze -- at least not in space. When astronauts were planting the flagpole they rotated it back and forth to better penetrate the lunar soil (anyone who's set a blunt tent-post will know how this works). So of course the flag waved! Unfurling a piece of rolled-up cloth with stored angular momentum will naturally result in waves and ripples -- no breeze required!

Part 4:

Fortunately not all of the evidence needs a degree in chemistry or geology to appreciate. An average person holding a Moon rock in his or her hand can plainly see that the specimen came from another world.

"Apollo moon rocks are peppered with tiny craters from meteoroid impacts," explains McKay. This could only happen to rocks from a planet with little or no atmosphere... like the Moon.

Meteoroids are nearly-microscopic specks of comet dust that fly through space at speeds often exceeding 50,000 mph -- ten times faster than a speeding bullet. They pack a considerable punch, but they're also extremely fragile. Meteoroids that strike Earth's atmosphere disintegrate in the rarefied air above our stratosphere. (Every now and then on a dark night you can see one -- they're called meteors.) But the Moon doesn't have an atmosphere to protect it. The tiny space bullets can plow directly into Moon rocks, forming miniature and unmistakable craters.

Level 67
40 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless

in reply to iidarkshadowoo
Common sense says that FOX did not invent a new conspiracy by airing a show. The first book dedicated to the subject was released in 1974. 20 years later, a book by Andrew Chaikin states at the time of Apollo 8's lunar-orbit mission in December 1968 similar conspiracy ideas were already in circulation.

NASA's Genuine FAKE Moon Rocks (They admit it!)

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/images/content/82276main_s81-33961.jpg

Most photographers already know you can fake shots.

No breeze required DOES NOT mean there was no breeze.

Part 4 belongs under Part 2.
Level 53

SoylentBob wrote:

Common sense says that FOX did not invent a new conspiracy by airing a show. The first book dedicated to the subject was released in 1974. 20 years later, a book by Andrew Chaikin states at the time of Apollo 8's lunar-orbit mission in December 1968 similar conspiracy ideas were already in circulation.

NASA's Genuine FAKE Moon Rocks (They admit it!)

Most photographers already know you can fake shots.

No breeze required DOES NOT mean there was no breeze.

Part 4 belongs under Part 2.

Just as meteoroids constantly bombard the Moon so do cosmic rays, and they leave their fingerprints on Moon rocks, too. "There are isotopes in Moon rocks, isotopes we don't normally find on Earth, that were created by nuclear reactions with the highest-energy cosmic rays," says Dr. David McKay, Chief Scientist for Planetary Science and Exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center. Earth is spared from such radiation by our protective atmosphere and magnetosphere.

Even if scientists wanted to make something like a Moon rock by, say, bombarding an Earth rock with high energy atomic nuclei, they couldn't. Earth's most powerful particle accelerators can't energize particles to match the most potent cosmic rays, which are themselves accelerated in supernova blastwaves and in the violent cores of galaxies.

A breeze required means no breeze required, I don't know anything else to say to that, it's pretty straightfoward...it's like saying "An oak tree that needs carbon dioxide to live, doesn't mean it needs carbon dioxide."

Nice pictures, nice site-hard proof...ummm, nah. Go get an education, go get a moon rock, use science, and study it.

You haven't proved anything, probably because it's kind of hard to prove thr truth wrong. But obviously for you it's easy for people like yourselves to make the truth seem like it's not genuine.
Level 67

Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

Just as meteoroids constantly bombard the Moon so do cosmic rays, and they leave their fingerprints on Moon rocks, too. "There are isotopes in Moon rocks, isotopes we don't normally find on Earth, that were created by nuclear reactions with the highest-energy cosmic rays," says Dr. David McKay, Chief Scientist for Planetary Science and Exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center. Earth is spared from such radiation by our protective atmosphere and magnetosphere.

Even if scientists wanted to make something like a Moon rock by, say, bombarding an Earth rock with high energy atomic nuclei, they couldn't. Earth's most powerful particle accelerators can't energize particles to match the most potent cosmic rays, which are themselves accelerated in supernova blastwaves and in the violent cores of galaxies.

A breeze required means no breeze required, I don't know anything else to say to that, it's pretty straightfoward...it's like saying "An oak tree that needs carbon dioxide to live, doesn't mean it needs carbon dioxide."

Nice pictures, nice site-hard proof...ummm, nah. Go get an education, go get a moon rock, use science, and study it.

You haven't proved anything, probably because it's kind of hard to prove thr truth wrong. But obviously for you it's easy for people like yourselves to make the truth seem like it's not genuine.

You and your fictitious scientists have no doubt been beyond the Mohorovičić discontinuity then? You have divined the composition of Earth's Lower Mantel? You know for a fact the isotopes you don't normally find are from space?

What you need to say is what was said. "No breeze required DOES NOT mean there was no breeze." You stated you didn't need a breeze to wave a flag. True. That does not mean there was not a breeze. The Earth is moving; that does not mean the Moon is not moving; it just means the Earth is moving.

Go get a Moon rock? Did it ever occur to you why NASA has fake Moon rocks on display? Maybe if you had an education you'd know. It's NASA's site and NASA's fake Moon rocks. What does it prove? It proves NASA can and does fake Moon rocks.

Level 53

SoylentBob wrote:

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

You and your fictitious scientists have no doubt been beyond the Mohorovičić discontinuity then? You have divined the composition of Earth's Lower Mantel? You know for a fact the isotopes you don't normally find are from space?

What you need to say is what was said. "No breeze required DOES NOT mean there was no breeze." You stated you didn't need a breeze to wave a flag. True. That does not mean there was not a breeze. The Earth is moving; that does not mean the Moon is not moving; it just means the Earth is moving.

Go get a Moon rock? Did it ever occur to you why NASA has fake Moon rocks on display? Maybe if you had an education you'd know. It's NASA's site and NASA's fake Moon rocks. What does it prove? It proves NASA can and does fake Moon rocks.

What you mean some rocks on display as models for tourists to look at to see what they are really like? Okay, I'll believe that. But it was impossible to create fake moon rocks back then, and it's hardly possible today. YOU CANNOT PROVE THAT WRONG, YOU ARE WRONG, THE CONSPIRACY WAS WRONG, THE WHOLE FLAG THING IS ONLY A MINOR THEORY THAT CAN GO EITHER WAY.

GO PLAY WITH YOUR TOY MOON ROCKS AND GTFO, THIS WORLD AND SOCIETY DOESN'T NEED YOU, SCIENCE IS WHAT HAS BROUGHT YOU HERE TODAY, SCIENCE DOESN'T NEED YOU. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE ONLY HOLDING BACK THE PROGRESS OF HUMANITY. FINE, DON'T BELEIVE THERE WAS ONE BIG STEP FOR MAN-KIND, CONGRATS IF THAT WASN'T TRUE, AND WHAT HAS THAT DONE FOR YOU, BECAUSE IT'S DONE EVEN MORE FOR OTHER PEOPLE SO F*CK OFF!
Level 67

ii darkshadow oO, I'm about to do teh biggest favor one CODHQ OT forum member can do for another, I'm going to stop you from angering teh Soybob.

Trust me, messing with Soybob is like walking up 1-95 in Miami in teh wrong direction while blind folded on national no speed limit day. Its just an all round bad idea!

Forum Jedi, OUT

Defensor Fortis
Level 34

JediMaster Shark wrote:

ii darkshadow oO, I'm about to do teh biggest favor one CODHQ OT forum member can do for another, I'm going to stop you from angering teh Soybob.

Trust me, messing with Soybob is like walking up 1-95 in Miami in teh wrong direction while blind folded on national no speed limit day. Its just an all round bad idea!

Forum Jedi, OUT

I-95 in Miami...are you from Miami?

And anger? Oooo, I'm scared of him, but I don't see the point in going any further with him because...---http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3223/arguing3qa.jpg
Level 67

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

JediMaster Shark wrote:

Forum Jedi, OUT

I-95 in Miami...are you from Miami?

And anger? Oooo, I'm scared of him, but I don't see the point in going any further with him because...---http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3223/arguing3qa.jpg

I'm not surprised that you are not heading my warning. I shall now take my leave, but remember the ultimatum I issued to you, cease fire or you will regret it...

*Exits*

Defensor Fortis
Level 34

I think I'll stay and watch this. *Begins popping popcorn*
Level 60

*Steps back in*

Hey Byzantine Bomb, you wanna record it?

*tosses HD-Video Camera*

Have fun

*Exits... Again*

Defensor Fortis
Level 34

Studios