40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing=wrong, dumb, useless

in reply to iidarkshadowoo

Byzantine Bomb wrote:

Smiley Sad I suppose I have been.

On the subject of conspiracy theories...who killed JFK?

Me thinks it was the government.

Those people are just stupid, not really offending...

Well I'm off to play my new shiny copy of Uncharted 2. See ya.
Level 47

GoldonArRow wrote:

Byzantine Bomb wrote:

Smiley Sad I suppose I have been.

On the subject of conspiracy theories...who killed JFK?

Me thinks it was the government.

Those people are just stupid, not really offending...

Well I'm off to play my new shiny copy of Uncharted 2. See ya.

The whole game is epically awesome. Have fun!
Level 65

GoldonArRow wrote:

The Moon Landing Conspiracy is just like the 9/11 conspiritists...they are dumbasses.

Sorry Soy, but you are W-R-O-N-G.

you mean the conspiracy that terrorists crashed into the towers? Yea, that is pretty far-fetched.

As for the moon, no way have we landed there. Just like no other nation ever has. I appreciate the time Darkshadow spent on a good arguement, but it just doesnt add up. There is no valid proof of the landing. There may be a few old geezers saying that they went there, but they are getting paid to say that. They lived a life of no worries because they lied for the government. If you were offered to get everything you ever wanted, wouldnt you make some stuff up. Heck, after 40 years they probably talked themselves into believing they were actually there.
Level 49

Ahhh i dont care about the moon now.

Thats at least until it's a full moon.

Then things happen

Things i cant talk about in public
Level 8

Re: 40th Anniversary of Fake Moon Landing

GoldonArRow wrote:

No offense Soy.

None taken. You're allowed to think people are idiots. Thinking they're idiots doesn't validate your point though. I'd just like to see people have valid reasons for their beliefs.

Jedi, thanks for the support.

So the OP has conceded that NASA puts out fake Moon rocks for the public, but he cannot grasp that anything else NASA says is fake. How does he know what the "real" Moon rocks are like? Did he test them personally?

Let's say the Moon rocks contain rare isotopes. They are rare: improbable but not impossible.

Let's say the Moon rocks are genuine extra-terrestrial rocks. Rocks fall to Earth from space all the time. It would not be difficult for a government agency to round up a few specimens.

Why should this be any different than someone (or even an organization such as a church) claiming to have a piece of the True Cross or the Holy Grail? Even if these were genuine artifacts, would it matter if Jesus was not divine?

How long has science been around? Mankind did fine for thousands of years before science. Mankind colonized the world before the Industrial Revolution. You might as well thank Al Gore for us all being here since he inventored teh interwebz.

If you believe in the reality of the Moon landing, then you must believe in the reality of Santa Claus.

According to NASA, Santa Claus exists. NASA tracks Santa Claus every Christmas. NASA has even interviewed Santa Claus to discuss his delivery plans when man colonizes the rest of the solar system.

If you're going to believe what NASA says, then believe what NASA says. You don't get to pick and choose which NASA facts are real if you want NASA to be a credible source. NASA says there's a Santa and NASA says we went to the Moon, not NASA says there's a Santa or we went to the Moon.

Interplanetary Christmas

In an exclusive interview with Science@NASA, Santa discusses his plans for Christmas on future space colonies

http://science.nasa.gov/newhome/headlines/ast25dec99_1.htm
Level 53

Does believing in the moon landing must mean that you believe in the Easter Bunny too? Or just Santa?
Level 60

Yes.

NEEMO 9 Mission Journal

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/NEEMO/NEEMO9/mission_journal_14_prt.htm

"The Easter bunny was good to us and we each received a bag filled with chocolates and little malted milk Easter eggs."

- Dave Williams

"The Easter bunny, a.k.a. Scuttle bunny down here on Aquarius, was somewhere out on the reef and needed a ride home. We were happy to provide assistance!"

- Nicole Stott

Yes, the picture is a fake Easter Bunny taken underwater.
Level 53
Highlighted

Excellent thread, Mr. Darkshadow. I salute you. +5 points. I'd give you +1,000,000,000 points if I could.

*Applaudes*
Level 53

reaper2792 wrote:

As for the moon, no way have we landed there. Just like no other nation ever has. I appreciate the time Darkshadow spent on a good arguement, but it just doesnt add up. There is no valid proof of the landing. There may be a few old geezers saying that they went there, but they are getting paid to say that. They lived a life of no worries because they lied for the government. If you were offered to get everything you ever wanted, wouldnt you make some stuff up. Heck, after 40 years they probably talked themselves into believing they were actually there.

Lets say we went up to the moon in 2011 and came back with more rocks and videos. How does that prove we went up there this time? It's the same things they brought back last time.
Level 14

With technology today, a lot more people could confirm at least a launch into the upper atmosphere. Beyond that, there's no telling if NASA comes back with more rocks you can't touch and videos of sand or actually goes to the Moon. Just when you think such a journey might be possible, BO shuts down the program.
Level 53

Studios