Black Ops 2 Probation

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Black Ops 2 Probation

First of all, I think that Probation is absolutly ridiculous. All of the other Call of Duty games were without it, and people delt with it, and loved the game!! Veryyyy little complaining.

On that note, why change something to make it better, when instead of positive feed back 90% of it is NEGATIVE! ACTIVISION! PEOPLE DONT LIKE IT!

Now, why do I personally not like it? I am sure many can agree.

First, if someone wants to leave the game because they are getting absolutly slaughtered, hey, let them. Its their decision to be a woos and not fight till the end.

Second, sometimes people HAVE to leave a map. almost 55% of people playing Black Ops are still living at home, which means they have parents, which means they get yelled at to "get off your game" so they have no choice but to leave, or most likely lose their internet, xbox, or game as punishment.

Third, your host migration is usually CRAP and will end up closing the game, forcing everyone out of the match which = STRIKE one to their Probation.

Fourth, peoples internet craps out, they start glitching out, saying oh crap, then bam, they're tossed out of a match. Which = STRIKE two to their Probation.

So in other words, Activision, if you're going to "try out" this Probation bull crap. At least make your systems advanced enough to RECOGNIZE what the cause of the person leaving is.

If their internet crapped out and they "lost connection to the host" DONT PUT THAT TOWARDS PROBATION!

If they get knocked out of a match because your servers are sooo full that they start acting up. DONT PUT THAT TOWARDS PROBATION!

If they get knocked out of a match because your Host migration usually SUCKS. DONT PUT THAT TOWARDS PROBATION!

On a personal level, I just got stuck on this bull crap Probation because my internet has been acting up, knocking me out of matches. Now I am sitting here waiting for ten minutes because of something I CANT CONTROL. I dont ever leave matches, I stick in there till the end. So there is no reason that I should be on Probation. I am obaying your little "rule" and yet, because your system isnt advnaced enough, im now sitting here, FINALLY letting you know how I feel. Yeah I am personally a little angry. Why? Because you took a fantastic game, and made it not so fantastic.

Get your stuff figured out. I have about 3 friends that have returned their game because of this probation. They felt they'd go give Halo 4 a try instead. So think of that Activision. 3 people to every 1 is returning their game because of some stupid "rule". Please take this into EXTREME concideration, and hopefully in the near future you will remove this "rule" that should have never been enforced. Thank you. Call of Duty supporter/Xbox Live Member

Level 2
32 REPLIES

Re: Black Ops 2 Probation

in reply to SwepFall

Allow me to add something. So, ever since I got put on this Probation, I go online to play after NOT playing for almost a day, and I have to wait 5 minutes because I am STILL on Probation?!?! Are you KIDDING ME? LOOK around Activision and Treyarch, NOBODY likes this Probation BS! GET RID OF IT!!! You're losing support. LOTS of it. It has to go.

Level 2

in reply to SwepFall

really i think they shouldnt have probation when some people dont even leave a game my friend hasnt left any games at all.. and now he is on probation and started all over because u assholes suck with this probation i think there should be some sueing too your guys bullshit... of a game.. u will lose alot of people because of all of it....

Level 1

in reply to SwepFall

I would also like to add to this...

I pay my stupid xbox live subscription fee so I can play COD.  That's pretty much it.  I don't really play other games online. 

I also work out of the country half the year in Southeast Asia.  The interwebs over here are dodgy at best.  There are days where I'll have three bars and days where I'll be in the red with one bar.  Lately it's been one bar and I've been getting disconnected from xbox live.  When I try to get back on it gives me the probation message. 

So not only did I pay for a new xbox that was 230v (apparenly Microsoft doesn't believe in dual voltage), I pay for this stupid xbox live subscription that I can hardly use because I'm on "probation."

I didn't mind getting booted from games when my connection dropped, that's just the way it is with the internet over here.  It's still fun to play and try to level up my guy for when I get home to real internet.  But what really sucks is now I get put on probation so it makes it even harder for me to get back on.

Level 1

in reply to DexterRutecki

The guy who decided to introduce probation needs a massive kick in the bollocks for being a hard!

Level 1

in reply to DexterRutecki

Yea I don't pay for Xbox live to go on probation for backing out for poor host and not being able to play for x amount of time.

Level 1

in reply to SwepFall

I found out that I was on this so called 'Probation' today when I started playing Black Ops2. I couldn't believe it, I never even knew such a thing existed! I always play my games to the end but if i do leave a game it is mostly due to the crappy servers kicking the lot of us out anyway.

Us gamers pay so much for the game and add ons and also for a subscription for xbox live and then we get put on probation and cant play a game that weve spent so much money on. I think its disgusting! If I have any more problems with this probation crap im going to get a refund getting a refund!

Level 1

in reply to SwepFall

Please get rid of the probation it is useless and bothersome.  The worst part is you don't even have to be in a game to get a probation, i just got 3 probations and i was in the loby while it disconnected.  Please get rid of it soon, it really undermines the quality of the game. 

Level 1

in reply to Million_knives

I don't know about taking away the probation, but maybe lessen the time that you are on it to say 30 minutes or an hour. Something like that would be fair, especially for the ones who do back out for exactly the reason they installed it as part of the game. What do you think?

Level 2

in reply to SwepFall

i def agree thAt either this probation has to go or they need to fix it. when i play i never back out of a match unless i get kicked out due to internet connection issues or everything crashing from a host migration in the middle of the game. i am a team player& even if my team is getting slaughtered i will hang in there 4 my team. 2night im trying to play following the normal way i play and got probation 3 times?! 2 times i left a match was because the game had migration issues and booted every1 so why am i getting punished 4 this? makin me want to break out the original and play that instead. i only use my xbox live 4 cod games in fact let it run out & purposely bought it again when the new cod came out so r u tellin me i wasted $120? thats bs get it figured out NOW!

Level 1

Studios