Black Ops Security & Enforcement Policy

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Black Ops Security & Enforcement Policy

Hey Black Ops Community –

Treyarch is committed to providing all gamers with the best online experience possible, and that means maintaining the game’s integrity. We have a zero tolerance policy against exploitation, and this is to protect the many gamers who go online to compete and have legitimate fun. Below is a brief outline of our security and enforcement policy which will remain posted and will get updated here.

The team at Treyarch has worked very hard to create a fun, competitive online environment, and we want to keep this environment clean so that the game can be played as it was intended. Users who abuse the game through modding, boosting, glitching or making offensive emblems degrade the online experience for others, and we will take action to prevent this from happening.

Bans cannot be appealed.

Keep it clean. Play nice. Have fun.

Thanks

- Team Treyarch

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - SECURITY & ENFORCEMENT POLICY

Modding

Users who have modified their hardware and have run hacked script or code. This includes modifying profile data to use illegal characters in a player’s name.

• Instant permaban. You will no longer be allowed to play the game online. Console users who modify their hardware or profile data will also be reported to the console manufacturers.

Boosting

Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards.

• Minor offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, leaderboard entries removed once

• Major offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, permanent ban from appearing on the leaderboards

• Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Glitching

Users who go out of their way to exploit the game to grief other players. An example would be going outside of the map’s clearly defined playable boundary.

• Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online

• Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online

Unsupported Peripheral Devices

Users who utilize a hardware device / peripheral that is not officially licensed or otherwise supported by console manufacturers which gives a player an unfair advantage over opponents. This includes, but is not limited to, modded controllers.

• Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online

• Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online, complete stats reset

Offensive Emblems

Users who create emblems that are sexually gratuitous or racially offensive.

• Minor offense: 2-week ban from using the emblem editor, emblem reset to default, emblem purchases wiped

• Major offense: Permanent ban from using the emblem editor

Pirating

Any user who illegally acquires Call of Duty: Black Ops content will receive an instant permaban from playing the game online and will be reported to the console manufacturers.

Level 12
14 REPLIES

Re: Black Ops Security & Enforcement Policy

in reply to 3arc_admin

This is nova1969, my Emblem I got banned for was the German Emblem that is in the map infective. That just isn't right, treyarc needs to review their banning policy.

Level 1

in reply to Nova1969

This game in s *****ing trash you're better off having sex with a lesbian then getting any help form the spineless dip***** at activition 

Level 1

in reply to 3arc_admin

So, for a while now I think I have been banned from Black Ops 1, because one day when i tried to play the game, it sayed that I couldnt connect to the online servers and that was that.  I dont know what I did to get banned, and I know it says you cant unban but I strongly believe this was a mistake because I haven't broken any of these rules

Level 1

in reply to 3arc_admin
I was ban for an emblem but I don't know how long I was banned
Level 1

in reply to 3arc_admin

I got banned for something I didn't do. I was in a lobby with a hacker and some how I got a ton of cod points. I do not know how to hack or how I even got the cod points and this all happened in like 2013 so I don't know how to get unbanned for something I didn't do. I do not care if I get everything reset which wouldn't make sense for something I didn't do, but whatever I just wanna play again.

Level 1

in reply to 3arc_admin

Ich habe  ohne grund einen bann bekommen im jahr 2013 da ich mir ein video ingame angeschaut und ein tag später kommt eine fehler meldung server nicht vohrhanden . xbox 360

Level 1

in reply to 3arc_admin

its just an emblem, and i wont do it again.

Level 1

in reply to 3arc_admin

My emblem was unfairly removed and I have been banned from making embems ever since. My emblem did not express any hate towards racial/religous  groups. If people took offense to my emblem I do apologize, but please restore my ability to make art and I will be more carful with the art express next time.

Level 1

in reply to 3arc_admin

I've tried reporting bidders to no avail. Below is a list of players using an invisible God mode hack.

BadSamurai8
COD_ASSASSIN73
hahayayahaha1212's
zDiscxvery
DoggyFacePillow
xREVENGE_IS_NOWx
BigMonsterConnor
Devil_K1llz-_-
kerrycoates
WINBUSH55
yousifandomar
EKOFURy
camaroz28383

Please do something about this as promised. 

Level 1

Studios