Clips, Montages, Commentaries and Vids.

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Clips, Montages, Commentaries and Vids.

I must chime in on the official stance I am now taking regarding this particular subject.

I see many people approach any video with the rules in hand. Thanks for trying to help the forum, but for as much as you may tire of seeing them you can't turn your peers away. If someone wants to genuinely show off a video then let them. This is a by-product of having a theater system and it was inevitable for a degree of saturation to occur. However, it is only when someone blatantly spams a thread or solicits YouTube subscriptions that you can freely report them. Report them and leave the thread alone. It isn't your place to tell them what you think I, or any moderator, will do.

This stance is common sense. I would hope that it would be understood, but there has been an undertone of ruthless aggression lately. Let's curb that and emphasize discussion.

Actions that will be taken:

• Warnings will continue to be issued to those whom repeatedly post montage threads containing the same video.
  • Warnings will continue to be issued to those whom post in an uncivilized fashion.*
  • Temporary bans will continue to be issued to those whom cross-post spam the board.
  • Those whom report incorrectly will be warned.
  • An over saturation of threads will result in a thread/feature merger.

*Bans of course will be issued in various lengths as a situation escalates beyond a warning.

Have a nice day,

Foxhound
15 REPLIES

Re: Clips, Montages, Commentaries and Vids.

in reply to iif0xh0undii
Thank you.
Level 23

in reply to iif0xh0undii
That's right.
Level 9

in reply to iif0xh0undii
Good for Foxy.

I've read some of those comments. A "bad" video doesn't erase that fact that they can post it to be seen.

It's just the one or two that post the same vid every day that annoy, IMO.

And I believe that falls under Foxy's "spamming " reference.
Level 54

in reply to iif0xh0undii
Thanks Foxy! I was just about to be like Oh dear please don't ban videos. I know I post alot but I watch alot of them too
Level 48

in reply to iif0xh0undii
Ah Foxhound - you mention reporting things incorrectly .......... I can only report for containing links to illegal or pirated material, and cannot change that option Also saw somebody else mention this same issue recently
Level 24

in reply to iif0xh0undii

Angry Meerkat wrote:

Ah Foxhound - you mention reporting things incorrectly .......... I can only report for containing links to illegal or pirated material, and cannot change that option Also saw somebody else mention this same issue recently

same think its a browser issue if i use chrome (my normal one) i only have one option the pirated software but ie9 my backup i have the entire drop down menu

also surely this should be a sticky for a week odd?
Level 75

in reply to iif0xh0undii
I though the threater forum would have a section for people to post their clips, vids, etc. that way it keep people for posting them on the xbox or ps3 forums. i might be an idea to add in that section
Level 18

in reply to iif0xh0undii
well then check my tomahawk take out an attack helicopeter on freeforall i rendered the video and uploaded to this site and youtube
Level 1

in reply to iif0xh0undii

Angry Meerkat wrote:

It has been that way for a while. Some users experience issues and some don't. I recently have less issues switching over to the stable channel of Chrome.

Regardless, to elaborate on "reporting incorrectly." This means for those whom take the rules and bend them to their own liking.

Studios