ERROR-black ops server is not available at this time" NOFIX?

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

ERROR-black ops server is not available at this time" NOFIX?

Hi all I never experienced any problems with black ops on my desktop. I live in the Netherlands and I am on a fast network fibre power 50 mbit upload rate/ 50 mbit download rate. I always get a low ping on any server 15-20 ping.

I played allot of hours/months fine with friends online but after the last update on steam patch 1.08 (something like 8 days ago) I got this very irritating ERROR:

"error black ops server is not available at this time try again later. Please visit www.callofduty.com/blackops/status/update"

screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iganinja/screenshot/560907770740987061

When I check the link there are no updates, all servers are online...

Activsions customer help gives old solutions that didnt work:

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=29576&p_created=1294238491

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=28998&p_created=1289277603

Here are some links with people having the same problem after the last patch:

-http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1866102

-http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100490337

-http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1869572

I tried everything to solve this problems but I never made changes on my system it only happend after the latest patch. I get instantly kicked out in anygame in 1-2 hours that means I cant play long games like zombies if im kicked out at round 10-15 every time. Also on multiplayer i got kicked out everytime I must restart the game to play again for 30 min till i get this error again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some things i tried that don't work:

-Removed clientregistry.blob from the steam folder and restart system after.

-www.portforward.com says all ports are open on router. ( I have a static IP, firewall off, AV off, also tryd reset router)

-Steam: Verified integrity of game cache & defragmented cache files (all files 100% ok)

-Full reinstall / re-downloaded through steam.

-up-to-date with windows 7 Ultimate x64

-Steam-Guard DISABLED don't work

-Steam-Cloud Disabled and Enabled both don't work

-Cleaned registry

-Added compatibility-mode for blackops.exe / BlackOpsMP.exe to windows XP service pack 2/3, Vista and to Win 7 all have the same issue.

My system =

i7 860 cpu @ 2,80

8gb RAM

AMD HD6850

Win 7 Ultimate x64

50mbit download+50mbit upload rate fast fibre connection (Netherlands)

I have a Xbox & PC on the same router connected, I never experienced any problems on my Xbox. So its 100% because of the latest steam patch.

Allot of people experiencing the same issue after the latest steam black ops update. Dont come here to troll please stay on-topic.

Seems like the developers try to dodge these forums hopefully they will give a decent feedback....

some news sites showing this issue;

http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php/Server-Disconnecting-error

===========================================================================================================

===========================================================================================================

AFTER 3-4 WEEKS

Its all fixed by itself....wow is this how you treat all your customers without announcing there's a stupid mistake made by YOUR/the server moderators?? I haven't changed any settings I stopped playing this game for 3-4 weeks and it happend like I suspected gameservers.com just made a huge mistake after patching the game allot of fibre connection gamers got this irritating disconnect/error every 5 min. And after 3-4 weeks you finally figured it out and fixed it or maybe by accident? Treyarch developers are disgusting...and negative answers by your helpdesk/service by telling people "ITS YOUR FAULT check your firewall/router". This game has the worst communicating/feedback developers ever. I have nothing more to say.
Level 1
26 REPLIES

Re: ERROR-black ops server is not available at this time" NOFIX?

in reply to iganinja
A guy i play with had this issue and turning off "SteamGaurd" got him back in the game.

Good Luck
Level 4

in reply to iganinja
I have this problem about 1-2 weeks , after the last patch i haven´t able to play ... And not EVEN 1 WORD about a problem or some fix or something .. and i read 100 of people that not able to play ...

DO LIKE 1000 OF PEOPLE MOVE ON TURN THIS SHIT IN GARBAGE CAN , MW2 is 2-3 years old and sometimes ther are more people online that black ops.. that should say a lot about a new game like black ops.. THEY WHO MADE THE GAME DOSEN´T BOTHER ... fuck them ... they just wanna do some more map packs so they can make some more millions of dollars ... Never in my life i have seen a game that is mismanage like this ... they just dont listen to the people that play this shit ... and that is the death of this game...

i have moved on bfbc2 + mw2 +cod 4 is games worth name GAME , black ops is VIRUS
Level 1

in reply to iganinja

pist wrote:

A guy i play with had this issue and turning off "SteamGaurd" got him back in the game.

Good Luck

I already tried that and did restart I still get the error.

Deleting clientRegistry.bob file also dont work, like I said it never happend before patch 1.08

I am goin to try a fresh install. I give a feedback later.
Level 1

in reply to iganinja
I had this same problem......

TRY THIS thread for the answer.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/104954150#104954150

""Go to steam library, right click on COD BO MP and click properties. Select the local files tab and then chose the verify integrity of game cache files option. I had this problem with another game and my game files did not match the files steam had and got that same error. The game was patched Friday so maybe the patching process did not work correctly on your machine?""
Level 1

in reply to iganinja

Nocturne33 wrote:

I had this same problem......

TRY THIS thread for the answer.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/104954150#104954150

""Go to steam library, right click on COD BO MP and click properties. Select the local files tab and then chose the verify integrity of game cache files option. I had this problem with another game and my game files did not match the files steam had and got that same error. The game was patched Friday so maybe the patching process did not work correctly on your machine?""

Stay on-topic please you did not read my first message; I said I allready used all steam tools; "-Verified integrity of game cache & defragmented cache files"

Anyway I just had a fresh reinstall/full game download. Still dont work first try on the new install when searching for a match I got this error message again.

My advise is to not buy this game. All I can do is wait for a new patch / working fix. Today I played all day on my xbox blops without any problems also with the new map pack, Treyarch dont sell yourself to microsoft please a customer = customer doesn't matter from witch console or pc....Where is the internet freedom you dirty dictators.
Level 1

in reply to iganinja
I'm telling you it's has to be an issue with the server host, gameservers, because it's a localized issue. If it was a game issue or a steam issue, it would be widespread. I haven't seen anyone from the US post with this problem. It seems to be confined to Europe. At least that's where I would start to look.
Level 6

in reply to iganinja
I have experiencing the very same problem as all of these guys - I've played since last november, but after the patch I get disconnected after 2-5-10 minutes and I get server not available or game session no longer available
Level 1

in reply to iganinja

BigOne1331 wrote:

I'm telling you it's has to be an issue with the server host, gameservers, because it's a localized issue. If it was a game issue or a steam issue, it would be widespread. I haven't seen anyone from the US post with this problem. It seems to be confined to Europe. At least that's where I would start to look.

I don't know where to start I am out of solutions...I payed allot of money for this game and now I can't play for 1,5 week because the developers rush out there patches and broke my product. all I can do is wait for the developers to react and do something about it , but the question is how long does it take for a developer to watch there own forums(also steam forums)?

I am goin contact activision customer center again and see how they respond this is ridiculous.
Level 1

in reply to iganinja
i have the same problem tech ppl need to look at this!
Level 1

Studios