Game lags uncontrollably @ 3am Central nightly

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Game lags uncontrollably @ 3am Central nightly

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or can try it out. I have noticed and so have everyone else I have played with, that they game turns to absolute crap EVERY night at 3am central time. The lobbies to kick people, it takes 2 min to click on something and have the next screen pop up, when you get into a game, your mic doesnt show up immediately, takes 15-20 seconds to appear, you cannot look at anyone's combat record, and you are lucky to get into a game.

Also when you click on the PS button, it feels as though the game freezes and you cannot check your mail. This lasts for about 15-30 min where the game is slowed to a snail's pace and I wonder why, other than the fact this game is garbage. Once again, this happens every night for as long as I can remember, I just never commented about it before. Let me know your experiences.
Level 36
11 REPLIES

Re: Game lags uncontrollably @ 3am Central nightly

in reply to dedicatedserver
Yeah Ive been on at that time eastern time though. And it lags sometimes. But when doest it lag? I've been on at 4 am eastern time and it still lags. It lags throughout the day even at 9 or 10 am eastern time
Level 30

Yeah every copy of black ops is programmed to run like utter garbage as soon as your ps3 clock hits 3AM. You should be like the rest of the people I know and purposely change your clock to make it wrong and play all night like a boss!

Or you can wuss out, turn off you game out of rage and go to bed.
Level 1

I play at any other time and the game still lags, but not to where it feels like the game is completely frozen and where you cant really do anything but wait. But at 3am central nightly, that is what happens exactly, almost feels as though they reset or do something to the servers at that time because it is like clockwork. Everyone I play with always notes, "Oh, it must be 3am." Even though none of us are looking at the time. I play nightly every night from 12am - 5am central.
Level 36

I don't usually play around that time. I will try that out when I do get the chance.
Level 47

I think you are just sleep deprived. It's 3am FFs got to sleep.
Level 35

NickZombie wrote:

I think you are just sleep deprived. It's 3am FFs got to sleep.

I work second shift as a CT Tech in a hospital for the last 10 years, thats my normal free time. If I dont have anything to do for my car or my wife, I game with my old college friends.
Level 36

I work second shift as well but yesterday was the first time i've played black ops for longer then 30 minutes. Only to have my gaming session cut short by this lag right at 4 est so i just went to bed, if this happens every night i guess i'll stick to netflixs before bed.
Level 3

^^^Happens every night like clockwork, its impossible to do anything for about a half hour.
Level 36

My only guess is that there is a lack of players from the US at that time, and you're stuck with a UK host usually.

Now for me, the best time of day to play is around 5-9 am CST in the States, after that the kiddies and clans are done powering down their energy drinks and get organized and start spawn trapping before they have to go to class.
Level 24

Studios