Google Street View...

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Google Street View...

is going to start in my city. Now there is uproar from some people, because they don´t want to show their houses, streets and whatever on there.

They feel disturbed in their privacy, and they fear that some non law-abiding people will use it for to look where they live, and might use it for other reasons.

What are your experiences with Google street view. Would you like to show your houses, streets and whatever on there?

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2010/08/google_street_view_under_fire_for_privacy_in_germany.html

Level 75
20 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Google Street View...

in reply to Horrorman
Those "non law abiding" citizens could do the same thing just by driving down the street. It's not illegal to take pictures on public roads, so yes they should be allowed to.
Level 7

in reply to Horrorman
Yep, that´s what I think as well but isn´t it easier to look on google street view for to search after your victims, also it isn´t that much eye-catching.
Level 75

in reply to Horrorman

Horrorman wrote:

Yep, that´s what I think as well but isn´t it easier to look on google street view for to search after your victims, also it isn´t that much eye-catching.

My house is eyecatching
Level 3

in reply to Horrorman
IT'S not illegal or an invasion of privacy. As long as they don't go on private property, it's all good. Also, thief's don't generally scope out where they are going to steal, and if they do, they are smarter than google street view.
Level 7

in reply to Horrorman

cprocjr wrote:

IT'S not illegal or an invasion of privacy. As long as they don't go on private property, it's all good. Also, thief's don't generally scope out where they are going to steal, and if they do, they are smarter than google street view.

how are the experiences in your state after google street view was life there !? if it´s there...
Level 75

in reply to Horrorman
GOOGLE street view has my city, and it's actually really cool! If I'm going somewhere it makes it really easy to scope out exactly where it is on street view!
Level 7

in reply to Horrorman
I was surprised that my I was in front of my house in Street View, considering the photo is also pretty old too.

But I don't care..
Level 18

in reply to Horrorman

Horrorman wrote:

is going to start in my city. Now there is uproar from some people, because they don´t want to show their houses, streets and whatever on there.

I am sure everyone in the world is interested in their houses.
Level 52

in reply to Horrorman
NYC has had it for a while. I. Use it for work all the time. As for your house, basic maps already show your backyard and such. I don't see anything wrong with it
Level 49

Studios