How to fix ghost

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

How to fix ghost

fix ghost by making flamethrowers one hit kill toward them because they have grass on them that would make less people use ghost and more use flamethrower win win
Level 6
14 REPLIES

Re: How to fix ghost

in reply to metallicaz
That makes sense.

But i think it will take to much effort to inplementing a damage increase against the Ghost Perk, i am pretty sure that there is no code to increase the damage against Ghost in the Sourcecode, so you have to re-write the whole Ghost Perk, i don't see it happening, maybe with the next Call of Duty game.
Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to metallicaz
Couldn't they just change the fire damage to the whole class if ghost is equipped just like in private matchs how you can edit explosive damage for certain classes

This could apply to all fire things like napalm too
Level 6

in reply to metallicaz
Ghost doesn't require fixing. No other perk has a disadvantage and ghost shouldn't become the first. The cost of a perk is that trade off of not choosing another one, this is how balancing works and should not be changed. Ghost is fine
Level 28

in reply to metallicaz
Yeah I know I just wanted the flamethrower to be better lol it defiantly needs more ammo I can only get like 6 kills with it
Level 6

in reply to metallicaz
I know that Ghost is a popular topic for some people here, but personally I don't think this perk requires 'fixing.'

And as a flamethrower user, I like that it's not a popular attachment.
Level 21

in reply to metallicaz
I don't use Ghost a lot, but even if I say its overpowered it really isn't.

Just think if there are 5 people on the enemy team, and 4 appear on the radar you need to watch your flank, because that guy using Ghost is going to stay away from his teammates when spy planes are up. And if the whole other team is using Ghost (which does happen to me every now and then) just use a motion sensor class.

As well, I believe that people find ghost so overpowered because when there is a spy plane up and 4 of the 6 people are on the radar the team with the spy plane will probably rush those 4 guys on the radar and a guy with ghost may pick them off in the process.. Here is a tip. When a blackbird or spy plane is up don't rush! Wait for them to come around the corner for the easy kill or double kill.
Level 1

in reply to metallicaz
How to fix Ghost: Leave it be
Level 7

in reply to metallicaz
This could get easily implemented.

Just take the Flak Jacket reduce effect and do the opposite of it and give it ghost.
Level 16

in reply to metallicaz
Ghost is fine... Why do people think not being seen by spy plane is such a big deal?

And for pro not being seen by kill streaks honestly is not huge.. Stop paying so much attention to you're mini map.
Level 9

Studios