I'm rather surprised...

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

I'm rather surprised...

... that there's no complaints on the Counter Spy Plane.

Unlike it's cheaper cousin, there's little to no counter for CSPs, other than anti air - the regular Spy Plane on the other hand has several. Furthermore, the CSP also negates the arguably best killstreak in BO - the Blackbird. In fact, what makes this killstreak even better is how it sends enemies in a panic; they'd lose orientation for a valuable 30 seconds. Where would they find you, or their teammates rather? How would their Motion Sensors work? They wouldn't even be able to distinguish the gunfire.

That said, the CSP literally grants your team with suppressors and a general mind-f**ck. Hell, I've seen enemies scrambling to take these out. I don't blame them, but they'd usually get gunned down in their effort - or at the most waste their time with it, which stalls their goal to win. From my end, the best combo is having Hardline with these two planes, and Care Packages for good measure since the Pro perk justifies it.

Oh well, who am I to speak logic?
Level 20
27 REPLIES

Re: I'm rather surprised...

in reply to urbanevirtuoso
Its not used enough to justify complaints. Many people would rather run ghost to avoid spy planes so they can have their killstreaks.
Level 11

People could do that, but there's way more to this killstreak than blowing off Spy Planes.
Level 20

UrbaneVirtuoso wrote:

Unlike it's cheaper cousin, there's little to no counter for CSPs, other than anti air - the regular Spy Plane on the other hand has several. Furthermore, the CSP also negates the arguably best killstreak in BO - the Blackbird. In fact, what makes this killstreak even better is how it sends enemies in a panic; they'd lose orientation for a valuable 30 seconds. Where would they find you, or their teammates rather? How would their Motion Sensors work? They wouldn't even be able to distinguish the gunfire.

That said, the CSP literally grants your team with suppressors and a general mind-f**ck. Hell, I've seen enemies scrambling to take these out. I don't blame them, but they'd usually get gunned down in their effort - or at the most waste their time with it, which stalls their goal to win. From my end, the best combo is having Hardline with these two planes, and Care Packages for good measure since the Pro perk justifies it.

Not gonna lie, the way you described it I'm gonna start using CSP now.
Level 3

It is a very good perk but rarely used. I think that is because people only want to use one killstreak spot for thing that don't actually kill. I personally either use spy plane, care package, blackbird or spy plane, counter spy plane, care package depending on how I'm playing.
Level 2

I almost always run it to fend off the sr71 I use decoys for the same reason. Throw one every five seconds or so just to put more red arrows out there.
Level 4

I've been using CSP for a while now, it's a sacrifice I choose to help the team win. I think it's working!
Level 12

I almost always use CSP. I use lethal killstreaks to mess around, but I almost always use "Team friendly" killstreaks (SP, CSP, BB).
Level 17

Belmonkey wrote:

I almost always use CSP. I use lethal killstreaks to mess around, but I almost always use "Team friendly" killstreaks (SP, CSP, BB).

I like to have at least one offensive KS in my favor... I use CSP, Chopper, BB
Level 12

UrbaneVirtuoso wrote:

becuase it's effects are negilible; all it does is cover your radar in static. the spy plane reveals all enemy positions on your map. It's properties are so powerful it has a perk to counter it.

besides, why use a counter SP when you can use a SAM turret?

Level 18

Studios