If spawn-killing is bannable...

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

 



Jesus Christ, THIS **** again?



Spawn trapping is NOT a bannable offense.





What he said.
Level 1
Likes: 0
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎09-08-2011

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

 

ObamaDoesStuff wrote:

 

...then using the CG or Gunship should be bannable, because all those things do is spawn-kill in every gametype. If I'm not allowed to spawn-trap you in Demolition or whatever, then you're not allowed to get kills with controllable helicopters in any gametype. You see where I'm going with this? The idea that someone should be banned because Treyarch f*cked up the spawns and they took advantage of that is retarded. They're already ban-happy enough. What's next, banned for having a positive k/d?







Jesus Christ, THIS **** again?



Spawn trapping is NOT a bannable offense.







Yes this again. Spawn trapping is exploiting a glitch. Exploiting a glitch is against the terms of service, and IS a bannable offense. I know plenty of people who were banned because of spawn trapping.
Level 1
Likes: 0
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎17-03-2011

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

JetEyeNight wrote:

 

Yes this again. Spawn trapping is exploiting a glitch. Exploiting a glitch is against the terms of service, and IS a bannable offense. I know plenty of people who were banned because of spawn trapping.





Let me guess.. they were spawn trapping on Havana



Everyone can spawn trap / kill and they're going to continue to do it. If you don't want to get raped in your spawn, check out a non-objective based game.
Level 5
Likes: 0
Posts: 218
Registered: ‎15-03-2011

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

a MoFkN BOSS wrote:

 

If you dont wanna get spawn trapped then actually work together with your team to not let that happen. I cant count how many games i go into where no one has a mic. How can you expect to have success at a heavily influenced team gametype. Slayer it doesnt matter as much but in objective games work together people. otherwise you deserve to get destroyed.







This is why MW2 did it right not allowing people in parties it was so much better this way



I ahve played all CODs since COD4 and I have never seen spawn trapping like it is in this game



Just another treyarc failure
Level 8
Likes: 0
Posts: 476
Registered: ‎07-12-2010

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

JetEyeNight wrote:

 

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

 

ObamaDoesStuff wrote:

 

...then using the CG or Gunship should be bannable, because all those things do is spawn-kill in every gametype. If I'm not allowed to spawn-trap you in Demolition or whatever, then you're not allowed to get kills with controllable helicopters in any gametype. You see where I'm going with this? The idea that someone should be banned because Treyarch f*cked up the spawns and they took advantage of that is retarded. They're already ban-happy enough. What's next, banned for having a positive k/d?







Jesus Christ, THIS **** again?



Spawn trapping is NOT a bannable offense.







Yes this again. Spawn trapping is exploiting a glitch. Exploiting a glitch is against the terms of service, and IS a bannable offense. I know plenty of people who were banned because of spawn trapping.









prove it.



spawn trapping is a tactic, the spawn points may be bad but they are not a glitch. if you are a meat shield who cant flank or use tactics and insist on running right into enemy gunsights YOU ARE A TOOL





treyarch should ban useless horrible teammates and garbage players, heres an idea to solve spawn trapping



ANYONE WITHOUT A MIC GETS BANNED from all team games with a message that says "if you cant communicate with other players WTF are u picking a team game for???"

and it then resets their rank for being so incredibly stupid that nothing they have earned could possibly be legit.





problem solved. /thread
Level 1
Likes: 0
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎09-01-2011

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to CIB28

Ok then explato me how I get out of a spawn trao on a map like hyjacked where the trappers are in the building an on each side.. exactly you cant   cuz as soon as you step out from behind the freakin little cover you have in that corner you are pinpointed by like 5 players andead within a second if that

Level 1
Likes: 0
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎19-10-2013

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff
A spawn trap is born from a team's extensive knowledge of the respawn system and map and gametype specific spawn locations. It requires individual skill, great team co-ordination (well, depending on how shit the other team is) and a bit of luck so as not to accidentally change the spawns and ruin the trap. It's not a glitch; it's an overlooked factor on Treyarch's point on a few maps.



You can exploit anything. You can exploit an M16 by pulling the trigger button to shoot. You can exploit your knife by pressing the melee button. You can earn a killstreak and exploit that. You can exploit your knowledge of popular areas on a map. You can exploit your knowledge of specific angels and arcs to throw a grenade to land in certain desired spots. You can take advantage of an opponent's death by predicting where they are going to respawn and exploit that when it happens.



This is nothing new. It is not cheap. It is not bannable. It has been encouraged in competitive communities for longer than a lot of people will have been playing games. If your objective is to kill the enemy team members 75 times, would you not seek to do so in the most efficient way if you were looking to improve? Would you not attempt to devise the best possible strategy to gain an advantage? And when you gain that advantage, would you not press it?



People need to wake up and realise that they're mediocre, and promptly STFU.



Whilst we're on the topic of cheapness, I'll drop this nugget by Seth Killian here too:

http://shoryuken.com/f176/cheapness-221148/
Level 12
Likes: 0
Posts: 827
Registered: ‎27-06-2010

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

JetEyeNight wrote:

 

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

 

ObamaDoesStuff wrote:

 

...then using the CG or Gunship should be bannable, because all those things do is spawn-kill in every gametype. If I'm not allowed to spawn-trap you in Demolition or whatever, then you're not allowed to get kills with controllable helicopters in any gametype. You see where I'm going with this? The idea that someone should be banned because Treyarch f*cked up the spawns and they took advantage of that is retarded. They're already ban-happy enough. What's next, banned for having a positive k/d?







Jesus Christ, THIS **** again?



Spawn trapping is NOT a bannable offense.







Yes this again. Spawn trapping is exploiting a glitch. Exploiting a glitch is against the terms of service, and IS a bannable offense. I know plenty of people who were banned because of spawn trapping.







Ok, these posts aren't even cute anymore. Nobody gets banned for Spawn Trapping. Just Boosting/Glitching (File Cabinet on Array ring a bell?)/Cheating.



Little kids like you saw the 501 kills video and think THAT is what the definition of "Spawn Trapping" is. You are wrong. Wrong. Wrong.





That is just an exploit on Havana. Not Spawn Trapping, Spawn Raping, Spawn Shooting, or any other form of "Spawn _____".



It is in the same category of glitches as the file cabinet on Array. It is just exploiting the map.





Notice that nobody complains about "Spawn Trapping" on any other map? Herp derp.
Level 13
Likes: 0
Posts: 953
Registered: ‎16-11-2010
Highlighted

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

-TeKnEeK- wrote:

 

JetEyeNight wrote:

 

Yes this again. Spawn trapping is exploiting a glitch. Exploiting a glitch is against the terms of service, and IS a bannable offense. I know plenty of people who were banned because of spawn trapping.





Let me guess.. they were spawn trapping on Havana



Everyone can spawn trap / kill and they're going to continue to do it. If you don't want to get raped in your spawn, check out a non-objective based game.







Or just don't play Havana on Demolition.



More shame should be placed on Treyarch for refusing to fix the spawns on Havana for Demo, or not taking Havana out of the Demo playlist.
Level 13
Likes: 0
Posts: 953
Registered: ‎16-11-2010

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

s6i3x wrote:

 

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

 



Jesus Christ, THIS **** again?



Spawn trapping is NOT a bannable offense.





What he said.



Maybe perhaps not now.. but you never know when a game developer may decide it is poor sportsmanship and should be a bannable/resetable offense. And to those that say it will never happen.. you do not know.. unless you can magically see into the future. which is highly unlikely.
Level 70
Likes: 1950
Posts: 12882
Registered: ‎26-05-2011

Studios