If spawn-killing is bannable...

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

TrialStarDragon wrote:

s6i3x wrote:

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

Jesus Christ, THIS **** again?

Spawn trapping is NOT a bannable offense.

What he said.

Maybe perhaps not now.. but you never know when a game developer may decide it is poor sportsmanship and should be a bannable/resetable offense. And to those that say it will never happen.. you do not know.. unless you can magically see into the future. which is highly unlikely.

The MP40 STILL hasn't been nerfed. I don't think a tactic that originated in COD4, and has been encouraged since then will become frowned upon.

If it ever does become illegal, the only party that is showing "Poor Sportsmanship" is Treyarch.

Why do you think the Famas hasn't been messed with yet? Because the Machinima crew uses it, and Josh Olin does too.
Level 13
Highlighted

That doesnt really matter for all it would take is one company decideing it should be and then others will follow over time. And just because it has not been done in past games, does not meant in future games it will not be done.
Level 70

SPAWN KILLING IS A LEGIT TACTIC

Damn people. Spawn trapping/killing is a tactic that has been used in FPS games since their debut. Here's an idea, either don't run into bullets head on by running the same route while being trapped or learn to trap the opposing team. WOW THANKS MEPHISTO!

Seriously if your spawn trapped on Havana and you keep running toward the fountain you deserve to die every time. Learn to flank from the car or another direction. The only people who complain about spawn trapping are the ones that suck and don't run with parties or their parties are garbage. I run with a team all the time. We usually spawn trap the other team but if it happens to us we don't CRY AND WHINE SAYING, "WAHHH TREYARCH BAN THEM CAUSE THEY PWNED ME!". We work our way out of the spawn trap and return the favor. Either get better or STFU and quit playing.

End Rant

Side Note: I normally don't get irritated at a game but I do find it annoying when people whine about others deserving to be banned for something that's not against the CoC.

Edit: Anyone who says that spawn trapping should be banned then write down your Gamertag. I would LOVE to see your recent games.
Level 6

I'm all for banning Demo spawn killers. Spawn trapping in Dom and other gamemodes sometimes can't be avoided, and it isn't really a big deal. But when you go into Demo with zero intention of playing the objective for the sole purpose of pushing a team back and ADS'ing a spawn poing, then you need to be reset. It isn't ok, and anybody who tries to justify doing it by saying "it is their own fault for using static spawns" needs to stop playing this game. I've seen people sit and aim at one spawn point with a motion sensor sitting on another spawn point, how can anybody think that is ok? But yeah, anybody who goes into Demo and purposely makes the game last 20 minutes just so that they can spawn kill and pad their stats needs a ban and a bullet.
Level 18

lilsweat wrote:

I'm all for banning Demo spawn killers. Spawn trapping in Dom and other gamemodes sometimes can't be avoided, and it isn't really a big deal. But when you go into Demo with zero intention of playing the objective for the sole purpose of pushing a team back and ADS'ing a spawn poing, then you need to be reset. It isn't ok, and anybody who tries to justify doing it by saying "it is their own fault for using static spawns" needs to stop playing this game. I've seen people sit and aim at one spawn point with a motion sensor sitting on another spawn point, how can anybody think that is ok? But yeah, anybody who goes into Demo and purposely makes the game last 20 minutes just so that they can spawn kill and pad their stats needs a ban and a bullet.

Ok so you want me to NOT defend the objective and let your team push into our zone?
Level 6

Mephisto270 wrote:

lilsweat wrote:

Ok so you want me to NOT defend the objective and let your team push into our zone?

Pushing an enemy team into their spawn and aiming at the spawn points is not the only way to defend the objective. It is giving the enemy team zero chance of fighting back. It doesn't matter how good a player is, it isn't possible to do anything against teams that stand behind the spawn and kill you as you spawn. As I said before, if you have ever sat ADS at a static spawn point then you deserve to get reset. Anything else is fair game.
Level 18

lilsweat wrote:

Mephisto270 wrote:

lilsweat wrote:

Pushing an enemy team into their spawn and aiming at the spawn points is not the only way to defend the objective. It is giving the enemy team zero chance of fighting back. It doesn't matter how good a player is, it isn't possible to do anything against teams that stand behind the spawn and kill you as you spawn. As I said before, if you have ever sat ADS at a static spawn point then you deserve to get reset. Anything else is fair game.

I know you can spawn trap and rape off of the spawn but I don't know any spots on any match where you can visibly watch someone spawning. If this is possible then hopefully treyarch will make it where you can't spawn within someone's view or other.
Level 6

lilsweat wrote:

Mephisto270 wrote:

lilsweat wrote:

okay so your saying using a strategy to demolish you should ban me?! you sir are an idiot or your just a sore looser. if they shoot you right as you spawn get the fuck down and shoot back! throw a grenade! i have never once been unable to get out of a spawn trap. EVER
Level 9

s6i3x wrote:

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

Jesus Christ, THIS **** again?

Spawn trapping is NOT a bannable offense.

What he said.

Spawn killing is bannable if the other team is helping you spawn kill like the 501 kill video for example.

http://twitter.com/JD_2020/status/42395605129101312

The vid link is here

http://twitter.com/normc24/status/42394559497519105

http://www.youtube.com/embed/jTqRJsUo9Oc

But We actually do need a quote from TreyArch stating it isnt. Because the discussion I had with someone yesterday was a public twitter discussion and even mattks stated in that if the opposing team helps it is bannable.

Here is that from two weeks ago because of the 501 vid

From a conversation between myself and MatTks - For those of you who are unaware of who he is, he is the online security coordinator, meaning he is the ban hammer.

To Vahn and MaTtKs -

@DavidVonderhaar @MaTtKs A lot of buzz going on about it. Is spawn trapping now a bannable offense? Lot of people claiming they were for it.

From MaTtKs -

@AndrewBennett84 Nope. Boosting with the other team is.

---------------

As you can see, there is not even a straight answer on that and the information is now two weeks old.

This topic is now a VERY hot topic and I have found proof stating that it is bannable at least with enemies help. Not argueing but do you have any proof or a link stating otherwise.? Because so far the only proof I have seen that it is NOT has never even shown up in the last ten discussions in the last week. Or at least an update. There are some "why have I been banned post and I read one in the last 24 hours stating the only thing he could have done was spawn boost.

Also I am on the first page of reading but I just wanted to get a headstart on asking that.

But you do have to remember that the 501 people all got banned, but that was even proven that both sides were in on it.
Level 72

Spawn killing is not a bannable offense. But as I have said in other posts, I think this would be a non-issue if Tactical Insertions were removed from certain objective gametypes. I will say spawn killing is legit if it is done without Tactical Insertions. Insertions make it too easy to set up spawn traps, especially in Demolition.
Level 9

Studios