If spawn-killing is bannable...

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff
Spawn killing must be a bannable offense since i was just banned for 2 days because of it....

How do i know it was because of spawn killing?

1. The 5 other party members i was spawn killing were also banned.

2. Several of my other friends/people i know who spawn trap have been banned recently.

3. After we spawn raped the other team, douches in the lobby would be like "Ohh im gonna report you for cheating blah blah blah" which i always laughed at because i was SURE that spawn killing was not cheating since we were just exploiting how the game is played...guess i was wrong.

4. I cant possibly see how what we were doing could be classified as boosting when during 1 game we would go through almost 10 lobbies of different people who would just keep backing out to the point where half the time the game would end in a forfeit because no one would join...

I have lost all respect for treyarch...banning people for exploiting a mistake they made....

Oh and they have completely removed Havana from the Demolition playlist...
Level 1

Mephisto270 wrote:

I know you can spawn trap and rape off of the spawn but I don't know any spots on any match where you can visibly watch someone spawning. If this is possible then hopefully treyarch will make it where you can't spawn within someone's view or other.

On Demo there are static spawns, that is why Demo is so popular for spawn killing. Spawn trapping isn't what I'm talking about here. The static spawns mean that they don't ever change, ever. It has been like this as long as Demo has existed (the same thing could be done in MW2 and other previous games as well.) On basically any map in Demo, if you know where those static spawn points are then you can sit and aim at them. The reason the spawns are like this is because in Demo is if the spawn were to get overrun and they flipped, it gives the team whose spawn changed a tactical advantage i.e. you spawn closer to the objective. I don't know why they have the spawns like this but they have always been this way. I'm not saying that spawn trapping is wrong, it happens sometimes even when you are trying to. But when you ADS a static spawn and give the enemy literally zero chance to fight back, then you should be banned.
Level 18

lilsweat wrote:

Mephisto270 wrote:

But when you ADS a static spawn and give the enemy literally zero chance to fight back, then you should be banned.

You're completely correct. I mean, I usually like to stop being better than other people and give them a little longer to kill me. When I see a guy planting the bomb in Search I don't kill him, I let him plant and run off and hide so he has a better chance. When I see people in TDM from behind, I fire a few warning shots so they have a chance to turn around, I mean, I'm not going to shoot someone in the back, that'd be unfair. And when the team I'm on has worked hard to lock down an enemy spawn, of course I'm going to let them respawn and hide first before trying to kill them again. That's honourable right?

[/talking out my arse]
Level 12

I consider myself pretty crap at this game. And I also have never ever been spawn trapped to the extent that I couldn't get away and circle around. Novagas usually does the trick. Deploy as soon as you spawn, the next time the ADS guy will be struggling. Unless the opfor has two people covering each spawn use of Novagas will get you out of it eventually.
Level 16

Spartan_Throne wrote:

lilsweat wrote:

Mephisto270 wrote:

But when you ADS a static spawn and give the enemy literally zero chance to fight back, then you should be banned.

You're completely correct. I mean, I usually like to stop being better than other people and give them a little longer to kill me. When I see a guy planting the bomb in Search I don't kill him, I let him plant and run off and hide so he has a better chance. When I see people in TDM from behind, I fire a few warning shots so they have a chance to turn around, I mean, I'm not going to shoot someone in the back, that'd be unfair. And when the team I'm on has worked hard to lock down an enemy spawn, of course I'm going to let them respawn and hide first before trying to kill them again. That's honourable right?

[/talking out my arse]

Seriously? Every time I come to this forum I lose a little bit of the dwindling faith I have left in humanity.
Level 18

Studios