If spawn-killing is bannable...

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

If spawn-killing is bannable...

...then using the CG or Gunship should be bannable, because all those things do is spawn-kill in every gametype. If I'm not allowed to spawn-trap you in Demolition or whatever, then you're not allowed to get kills with controllable helicopters in any gametype. You see where I'm going with this? The idea that someone should be banned because Treyarch f*cked up the spawns and they took advantage of that is retarded. They're already ban-happy enough. What's next, banned for having a positive k/d?
Level 9
34 REPLIES

Re: If spawn-killing is bannable...

in reply to ObamaDoesStuff

ObamaDoesStuff wrote:

...then using the CG or Gunship should be bannable, because all those things do is spawn-kill in every gametype. If I'm not allowed to spawn-trap you in Demolition or whatever, then you're not allowed to get kills with controllable helicopters in any gametype. You see where I'm going with this? The idea that someone should be banned because Treyarch f*cked up the spawns and they took advantage of that is retarded. They're already ban-happy enough. What's next, banned for having a positive k/d?

not really, theres a difference, spawn trapping, u can stay there the whole game n get that many kills, but th heli's is only out for small amount of time, so u really cant get banned forr the heli's dude
Level 6

Spawn-trapping shouldn't be bannable but if you spawn-trap you should maybe ask yourself why you are really playing the game.
Level 8

I'd be in favor for how Day of Defeat treated it. If you are killing players in their spawn or as they spawn (the spawns didn't move around the map) then you would instantly die with a message saying "No spawn killing" or something to that effect. No bans or kicks, but automatic death. That would be for those who intentionally spawn trap, not just those running laps around the map and end up in the other team's spawn for a brief time.

Think about Havana where people like to spawn trap/kill when the other team is spawning by the AA guns, something like that would constitute instant death, but maps like Nuke Town, Cracked, Summit, etc.., the spawns move so much and so easy to end up in the enemy spawn that it would be easy to cross into it several times and get kills. I hope that makes some sense, which I am sure I possibly contradicted myself.
Level 3

bearsfan154 wrote:

Spawn-trapping shouldn't be bannable but if you spawn-trap you should maybe ask yourself why you are really playing the game.

Some people play to win and earn lots of XP.
Level 61

bearsfan154 wrote:

If your team gets yourself spawn trapped and can't get out then you deserve to lose. I understand that its almost impossible in certain situations, but then don't get yourself into them. Spawn trapping is a part of most fps games and has certainly been in CoD forever. I don't understand why you would willingly choose to NOT spawn trap in a domination gametype for example. If you triple cap you run the risk of random spawns and giving the enemy team a chance to win. Why would you want that ? You almost HAVE to spawn trap in demolition in the sense that you need to get the team to spawn away from the bomb site nearest to their initial spawn otherwise it is nearly impossible to plant there. With this said, if you're literally watching people spawn you're just abusing the system. I hate getting spawn trapped but I also see it as an essential part of most objective based gametypes.
Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to s6i3x

The problem here is that you get whole clans that are prestige master or freakishly good and you dont know they sre together and then you get stuck with lower level players and then the really good people take advantage and spawn trap the f*ck out of your team because you got stuck with sh*tty players

Level 1

If you dont wanna get spawn trapped then actually work together with your team to not let that happen. I cant count how many games i go into where no one has a mic. How can you expect to have success at a heavily influenced team gametype. Slayer it doesnt matter as much but in objective games work together people. otherwise you deserve to get destroyed.
Level 1

Fail thread is fail
Level 4

ObamaDoesStuff wrote:

Jesus Christ, THIS shit again?

Spawn trapping is NOT a bannable offense.
Level 13

Studios