Is MoH A thoroughly "un-British" game !?

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Is MoH A thoroughly "un-British" game !?

British Defence Secretary calls for Medal of Honor boycott.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/defence-secretary-calls-for-medal-of-honor-boycott-711738[/code:2ja2n4qh]

and the Germans are the same.

[code:2ja2n4qh]http://www.pcgames.de/Medal-of-Honor-PC-232783/News/Bundeswehrverband-zu-Medal-of-Honor-Es-ist-widerwaertig-so-ein-Spiel-zu-veroeffentlichen-768983/

I know it´s German, but it says kinda the same BS.

WOW politicians, just stay at your politic, and don´t care about a video game.
Level 75
24 REPLIES

Re: Is MoH A thoroughly "un-British" game !?

in reply to Horrorman
I can see why they're angry, but it is just a game.
Level 53

in reply to Horrorman
yea, it seems they just want to say something about everything, and in real life they have no clue about those things. They just trying to get attention with such things.
Level 75

in reply to Horrorman
I can see their reasoning, but at the same time I can't agree with it. I wasn't too pleased with the beta, but at the same time I can't see why playing as the Taliban is really a problem. If we're honest the Taliban are clearly used as inspiration for other games, such as Call of Duty 4's OpFor. It makes sense that a well known and recognised group are used for the creation of fictional groups. Just look at knock-off clothing - it uses well known products as a derivative. The Taliban are without a doubt the enemy in the game, but it could provide benefits at the same time to players. If someone becomes more interested in the conflict thanks to the game and chooses to enlist in the military, surely that is a good thing? Assuming he is not KIA, he has made a contribution to the army that he may not have otherwise.

Although it'd be odd finding someone join the military because of a game Smiley Tongue
Level 25

in reply to Horrorman

YeOldeSierra wrote:

Although it'd be odd finding someone join the military because of a game Smiley Tongue

I was listening to the radio a couple days ago, and the subject was people joining the military because of Video Games. They tend to be a bit weak, but are very creative in the feild.
Level 53

in reply to Horrorman
Just another stupid attempt to ban a game and get a few votes. I wonder when they start b*tching about BO?
Level 59
Highlighted

in reply to Horrorman
Why do they care?

It's just a friggen game people!
Defensor Fortis
Level 34

in reply to Horrorman

DanielWW2 wrote:

Just another stupid attempt to ban a game and get a few votes. I wonder when they start b*tching about BO?

yep, that´s what I ask me as well, when do they start complaining about BO !? It is like Jedi said, it´s only a video game. It seems if they don´t have to say anything about something, they start complaining about video games. Now I ask me when the first American poltician starts complaining about MoH or BO.

@Picture

I read some similar article in a news paper, that was quiet interesting.
Level 75

in reply to Horrorman
"Most of us have been doing this since we were seven: someone plays the cop, someone must be robber."

Best response ever.
Level 27

in reply to Horrorman
They're not actually doing any Robbing.

They just want to shoot each other.
Level 28

Studios