Is it possible to kick someone out of a public match lobby?

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Highlighted

Is it possible to kick someone out of a public match lobby?

Hi guys, Just wondering if this is possible. I was playing tdm and did the nastiest turn on to melt this guy, the dude raged so hard and seconds later the whole lobby went back to the "waiting screen" (whatever its called ) and i heard him say something, still in his angry state, like "nope your gone" and instantly I was kicked from the lobby. So is this possible or just coincidence? can someone really kick you from a lobby? thanks for any responses.

Level 1
4 REPLIES

Re: Is it possible to kick someone out of a public match lobby?

in reply to Aidan_20

Not that I know of, the only thing I even heard of are players using mod menus to kick players. You should report the guy if he really did do that to you.

Level 25

in reply to Aidan_20

Not legitimately. If you suspect someone of cheating or modification report them in-game  and then via XBL or PSN.

If you're on Xbox avoid the player as well, if you enter a game with an avoided player you should get a message on screen so you can back out and find another game.

Level 48

in reply to Aidan_20

Only way I'm aware of that you can be kicked from a public match is by the party leader.  Two ways you can be in his party, you can accept an invite to join it, or you can select "join party session".  Other than that, you can be kicked from the game to the game selection lobby when there is a failure to migrate hosts, or if a new playlist is downloaded, but in those cases, your party stays together.  One other way is when you have connectivity issues, someone in party is not Open NAT, they may be kicked out of the party, but that happens rarely.

Level 23

in reply to Aidan_20

I definitely agree to the posts listed here. Yeah, it happened to me as well, though, it may imply that the player might have been using mods or any or this might also be related connection-wise, but, if you feel that guy's the one that booted you out after that warning, feel free to report him buddy.

Level 7

Studios