Playstation Network DOES support dual sign in!

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Playstation Network DOES support dual sign in!

Finally. We have some confirmation. PlayStation Network does support dual login. I was asking around on twitter, and asked Sid Shuman (@sidshuman), a PlayStation employee about this. He replied promptly with "It does (R2 does it) but if you're asking about Black Ops, it doesn't appear the developer has implemented support at this time". This is ridiculous and proves that Treyarch just don't care about the PS3. If they did, they would've done their best to make the exact same game for both consoles. We are already loosing out thanks to the Activision - Microsoft DLC deal that lasts until 2012. I'm especially pissed because Josh Olin posted on the Official PlayStation Blog, telling PlayStation fans that this feature was coming to PS3. This was removed shortly after. A lot of PS fans were very excited about this, you just need to look at the comments on that blog post.
Activision Ambassador
11 REPLIES

Re: Playstation Network DOES support dual sign in!

in reply to DFlannagan10
Has complaining ever got you anywhere? Mad PS3 doesn't get some stuff? Buy an Xbox. You bought the PS3, so it is your problem not theirs. It's money in their wallets (BUSINESS).
Level 1

in reply to DFlannagan10
TA didn't implement it because it's an exclusive for Xbox, correct me if I'm wrong.
Level 7

in reply to DFlannagan10
Nice guys over there at Treyarch eh? Dang... I have a PS3 and now this is just a huge let down. HUGE. Just delay the game to add this in, I could care less. Now I know that the PS3 version is a port, I don't care what they tell me.
Level 23

in reply to DFlannagan10
PlayStation 3 DOES SUPPORT Searching.

There are search features in the XMB.

Level 53

in reply to DFlannagan10
listen, i have a ps3 too, but MAYBE it is to complicated for them to implement it. MAYBE it was a last minute decision to add the profile sign in, and the PS3 dev team couldn't get it to work. i mean come on, they obviously planned for it to work. on the PSBlog for the first 2 or so hours, it said you could log in with a second PSN account. who knows, maybe it will change again.
Level 2

in reply to DFlannagan10

swampman666 wrote:

listen, i have a ps3 too, but MAYBE it is to complicated for them to implement it. MAYBE it was a last minute decision to add the profile sign in, and the PS3 dev team couldn't get it to work. i mean come on, they obviously planned for it to work. on the PSBlog for the first 2 or so hours, it said you could log in with a second PSN account. who knows, maybe it will change again.

Take out 3D but in Dual Online!
Level 23

in reply to DFlannagan10

Mama Luigi wrote:

Nice guys over there at Treyarch eh? Dang... I have a PS3 and now this is just a huge let down. HUGE. Just delay the game to add this in, I could care less. Now I know that the PS3 version is a port, I don't care what they tell me.

It doesn't matter to me that Xbox gets other things like "dual sign in", I'm already happy that Ps3 got the basic features for this game(e.g. local search and option to enable/disable a private match). Plus, it's only one game at Ps3 that lacks one feature, there are other better games that i'll be playing in future.
Level 7

in reply to DFlannagan10
the DLC crap doesnt bother me at all, but I was realy looking forward to this feature. but S#!T hapens.
Level 1

in reply to DFlannagan10
@DavidVonderhaar Can you please explain why the PS3 was gimped of this split screen online feature? I dont mean to sound like a jerk.

@Sun730 I am working on that with engineering. Going to take some time. Suspect it is a PSN thing but need to research it.

@DavidVonderhaar We accept your apology but can u atleast explain why the PS3 won't have dual account split screen online?

it probably wont be right away it comes out with it but it might be in an update?
Level 1

Studios