Resolution question please help

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: Resolution question please help

in reply to cougarmanchase

DanielWW2 wrote:

There actually are 4x HD reso TV's but they are a bit expensive and not practical.

No TV's at this time or any price range exist that will do higher than 1920x1080

Getting into professional grade monitors you'll see resolutions of up to 2560 x 1600

And medical diagnostic monitor's then you'll start to see resolutions of 2048 x 2560

(5 megapixel in grayscale & 3 megapixel in color,

and no thats not a typo 2048x2560 4:5 aspect ratio or QSXGA resolution fliped on its side)

Some professional grade monitors have an optional TV tuner. Yet they still are not a TV, they are a monitor.

no such option on the medical displays (goes without saying for the reasons why. lol)

With large format displays (computer monitors for digital signage) mostly supporting 1920x1080 or less (up to 70")

But these come with a catch, video walls up to 10x10 (100 monitors)

this gives a a total of 19,200x10,800 resolution for a complete 10x10 video wall

(at near $8,000.00 each for a 55" or $800,000 for a complete 10x10 wall)

Even the largest computer monitor available right now is 82" at prices of $50,000 have a max resolution of 1920x1080

These have the same catch as above. video walls, but only up to a 4x4 wall size (16 monitors total)

(7680x4320 total resolution for the 4x4 82" video wall at the same $800,000 as above)

The large format displays normally dont come with a TV tuner, but are an option with the majority of them.

And as above, having a tuner as an option dont make them a TV, still a monitor.

SoylentBob always has different opinion Void, normally a wrong one. The boy hasnt a clue!

Yet if he can help get this person 1080p through his console with Batman: Arkham City, more power to him.

Yet most of us know games actually upscale/downscale to a display and dont actually do 1080p content,

Hence the reason they look better on a smaller screen
Level 16

214_Firestorm wrote:

SoylentBob always has different opinion Void, normally a wrong one. The boy hasnt a clue!

Hey, I'm not here to judge who's right and who's wrong. I am just trying to recreate the magic of the "Overclocking" thread, one of my All-Time Favorites.
Level 27
Highlighted

Sadly, Soy got a corrupted file in his recent update and had to get sent back to the factory for some maintenance.
Level 49

reaper2792 wrote:

:^:

Sadly, Soy got a corrupted file in his recent update and had to get sent back to the factory for some maintenance.

Well, his PSN Program is operating smoothly. I see him on every night playing Marvel Online or something like that...
Level 27

IntoTheVoid wrote:

reaper2792 wrote:

Well, his PSN Program is operating smoothly. I see him on every night playing Marvel Online or something like that...

PSN? I guess that's why i haven't seen you on xbox Live in a long time...

Check out my fedex description on page one of Up for hire. Sound similar to your friend?
Level 49

What's your PSN, Void? I need to send you a friend request so you can help Soy and I get past the Cupcake Forest on Dora: Snow Princess. We've been stuck there for weeks.
Level 53

reaper2792 wrote:

IntoTheVoid wrote:

reaper2792 wrote:

PSN? I guess that's why i haven't seen you on xbox Live in a long time...

Check out my fedex description on page one of Up for hire. Sound similar to your friend?

OMG, totally. He said it was non-stop all night. Constantly moving, packing the trucks. He hated it, but the pay was decent. He wanted to become a driver, and was told that he had to start from the bottom. They scammed him, as it wasn't true. He eventually became a driver though. Tough work man. I might try it out for some extra cash. Except screw that 3:00 AM shift. I'll take the 10:00 PM shift, for the exact reasons why you didn't!

As for not being on "the box" in a while, that is true. Don't worry though, you will see me on there constantly after November 11th.
Level 27

-PictureFrame- wrote:

What's your PSN, Void? I need to send you a friend request so you can help Soy and I get past the Cupcake Forest on Dora: Snow Princess. We've been stuck there for weeks.

Sure Pic, send away. I totally own in Dora, and we can get some Barbie Horse Adventures Team Deathmatches going too. My PSN might be hard to remember, so make sure you write it down. It's:

"IntoTheVoid"

EDIT: Crap, almost forgot. 1 kitten sent to EviL....
Level 27

Alright I had the same problem 2! I cant explain it but check youtube!

Level 1

Studios