Ricochet? No Way!

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Ricochet? No Way!

So Vahn is talking to us about #morehardcoregamemodes And I'm personally thrilled.

HOWEVER-a few people have voiced the idea that it would be good to bring back MW2's "ricochet" feature in the new HC OBJ modes.

Rather than clutter the HC OBJ thread up with this argument I brought it here.

I figure it's not as important to Playstation as they have far less experience with the game-after all, they spent a lot of time unable to play it.

My take is-NO. HELL, NO! Take out the team killing penalty as it stands and people won't play as carefully. And it will just be CORE with faster kill rates. Look, I got kicked last night for some stupid shots-and I deserved it. The idea of the TK is that you have to play smart.

People say the kill streaks "can't be used" because of the team killing kick out threat.

BS. I run UAV/Napalm/Mortars regularly. Like anything else in life, you just have to learn how to make it happen.

As for ricochet-remember, if you goof a flash/concussion/gas grenade (much easier to do than blowing a kill streak placement) you suffer the full effects of the grenade even if your teammate would have only been peripherally touched by it. I run gas, and would spend a LOT of time dead with ricochet-my teammates often charge right through it.

I've heard that TKs on CTF are a problem. No, they aren't. The idea is to win. If your teammate shoots you to steal your flag cap- . Big deal. Gas them/flash them if it makes you feel better but its objective-you're there to win. I played a round last night with no caps but I still did well by defending the carrier. That was my role. Incidentally, we won.

So no ricochet. Just play smarter-that's the point of hardcore objective modes.
Level 54
39 REPLIES

Re: Ricochet? No Way!

in reply to Cable991
Indeed...

Never really cared for Ricochet anyway.
Level 75

in reply to Cable991
To be honest I prefer 'ricochet' - nobody can ever teamkill you 1 off a Blackbird or Chopper Gunner...just so they can steal your gold weapon.
Level 61

in reply to Cable991

GhostHound wrote:

To be honest I prefer 'ricochet' - nobody can ever teamkill you 1 off a Blackbird or Chopper Gunner...just so they can steal your gold weapon.

I've never seen this happen.
Level 54

in reply to Cable991

Cable 99 wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

It happens to me repeatedly.

Don't get me wrong 'ricochet' isn't perfect, but at least my deaths are in my hands so to speak.
Level 61

in reply to Cable991

GhostHound wrote:

I've been killed for my gold weapon... but there are far too many drawbacks to ricochet.
That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to Cable991
IMO I wish killstreaks didnt add to getting kicked...

My friend (yes indeed a friend, not me being my "friend") runs B52's, which is his choice...anyway, he is constantly getting kicked when teammates spawn in the path of his B52...which isnt his fault. Another reason being randoms that are partied up together can stand under your care package or run into your fire to get you kicked...not to mention people that TK after you steal a kill they feel they should have had, to get your gold gun, or any other odd reason.

I know you will say play with a party, and I normally do...but there are random times I get on and just want to play solo or dont have friends on. I shouldnt be penalized because people want to be dicks online. If Ricochet was put into the game but didnt effect you with tac nades would anyone have a problem with that? Sort of like a half and half...that way if people wanted to TK they wouldnt hurt the team but rather themselves and if you did throw a tac nade in a room with a teammate or in front of it you wouldnt be effected? Just a thought...
Level 7

in reply to Cable991

GhostHound wrote:

Cable 99 wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

It happens to me repeatedly.

Don't get me wrong 'ricochet' isn't perfect, but at least my deaths are in my hands so to speak.

Only problem is I've only got two hands. Need more to handle all the gas and flash-related deaths....
Level 54

in reply to Cable991

RAN Kismet wrote:

GhostHound wrote:

I've been killed for my gold weapon... but there are far too many drawbacks to ricochet.

Such as what?

Having team mates run into your Napalm or Rolling Thunder, even though you explicitly told them where you were putting it but they run there anyway, happens already.
Level 61

in reply to Cable991
I agree, I'm still a noob (my k/d is below 1 but improving steadily) but I've got a chopper gunner in HC TDM and had no TK's. As long as you're careful (as previously mentioned) you should be fine.
Level 1

Studios