The Offical Quick Scope Poll

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

The Offical Quick Scope Poll

Quick Scoping is a polarizing topic for people. Call of Duty has many such topics. Drop Shot. Second Chance/Last Stand. RC-XD. Stopping Power. Juggernaut. Death Streaks. One Many Army. Danger Close. The list goes on and on.

This is the great thing about the Internet, Twitter and COD HQ. It gives us an opportunity to directly connect with fans of the game in a way never before possible. No "marketing research" required here. We can just come talk to you.

Let this be the official poll. I personally invite and ask everyone to take a position either for or against Quick Scoping as a valid game mechanic. Even if you could care less either way, please vote one way or the other.

I am already on the record that I believe Quick Scoping is OP and that some measures are necessary to reduce it's relevance. This is an unpopular position with some of you and makes us heroes to others. That's how these thing go.

Keep the emotion out of it. It really doesn't help your case and actually helps the people who don't agree with you.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
Level 8
514 REPLIES

Re: The Offical Quick Scope Poll

I believe it needs to be nerfed for sure. It's a detriment to the game and it's enjoyability to me, anyway.

edit: whoops. If it wasn't intended that I post in this thread, and it's purpose was voting only, please delete this post. My apologies.
Level 18
Highlighted

I don't like the XxZzIrGriZzOpTiCpRoxX type of guys that go 4-19

But if we are going that way then remove second chance and grenade launcher :/

Just let the people play the way they want to play-quickscoping, hardscoping, using second change or whatever, it's their choice
Level 4

I believe quick-scoping takes a certain amount of skill, but its just very annoying. Running around a corner and getting shot with a 1 hit kill sniper is not fun. I think there should be an option for it in private matches though.
Activision Ambassador

I dont mind quickscoping if you can do it good. I mean really good. Never tried it, never will. But its very fustrating to sit and watch to kids trying to quickscope each other in a game of SnD.
Level 18

I think it needs to be removed from the game. In real life I can see some one getting shot and falling down and taking another shot, quick scoping though? It is unrealistic. Remove it or nerf it.
Level 3

Quickscoping is broken and was in need of a fix!
Level 1

If the snipers work like they did in the beta then it'll be fine. Zooming in fast and shooting almost immediatly (not necessarily quickscoping) is something that I did in cod4 and it wasn't cheap. Now MW2's slight of hand pro quickscoping is cheap but you guys already removed it. Just don't go beyond that. Thats my opinion. Keep it like call of duty 4 and 80-90% of the people won't be able to quickscope thus making it not cheap/ annoying.
Level 12

Im on Vahns and JD_2020 side. NO QUICKSCOPING IN BLACK OPS
Level 11

In my opinion, quick-scoping is very unrealistic, and is far too over-powered. I am very glad it's gone.
Level 1

Studios