There needs to be a Name and Shame list.

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

There needs to be a Name and Shame list.

I have been in 20 games today and 12 of them, someone was throwing infinite Tactical gear out and I'm getting sick of it.  So I think we should all ban together and start a name and shame list, to point out all exploiters, hackers and cheaters and show everyone who they are so they can be avoided at all costs.  Wouldnt you agree?

Level 2
13 REPLIES

Re: There needs to be a Name and Shame list.

in reply to ShinLucario

I like that idea in banning those exploiters, hackers and cheaters. What I did is to report them through in-game and I believe that they will receive their penalty soon.

Level 3

in reply to ShinLucario

Why? So every time someone beats you you can come here and spread false accusations about them?

No thanks.

Level 75

in reply to ShinLucario

The problem with publicly shaming players is that it may start a trend of unnecessary false reporting. Let's say some player gets totally owned by a party and starts complaining of hacks etc. even though the other team was playing cleanly. It sets a precedent for players being wrongly accused in a public setting.

The current reporting function works fine as Activision will conduct their own investigation and render punishment where necessary.

Having a name and shame list will just give players excuses every time they perform poorly as they will just assume better players cheat and this will destroy the community.

Level 25

in reply to ShinLucario

I agree with ghamorra and docchoi, this name and shame thing will give people the excuse to start making false reports and you don't even know if the other player is cheating or not. Where's the proof?  Reporting a player just because a person lost a game doesn't mean you accuse them of anything. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with the community these days.

Level 3

in reply to ShinLucario

How bout a "Name the glitch/cheat list " here on the forums ? A brief summary ,console,,map, mode, problem ?

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

That would be a really good thread in the Support section. This is probably a more constructive idea than name and shame, might actually get Activision's attention in terms of getting stuff done.

Level 25

in reply to slyd0g55

slyd0g55 wrote:

How bout a "Name the glitch/cheat list " here on the forums ? A brief summary ,console,,map, mode, problem ?

Good idea on paper, terrible idea if you factor in the community you're asking this to go out to. "He killed me too easily therefore Aimbot".

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Just thinking of the major problems if their were to arise , such as the in the wall glitch, constant bugs with to many of something.... those kind of actual issues that need immediate patch/fix ,just a thought 

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

It's a good thought, but it would no doubt be abused. Support and Twitter are great resources for reporting these things.

Level 75

Studios