Treyarch didn't ruin quick scoping, they ruined sniping.

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Treyarch didn't ruin quick scoping, they ruined sniping.

If I can still go around pressing LT +RT at the same time with the sniper, and finish in third, thenn there's nothing wrong with it.

But If I try and actually snipe, and finish in 6th, then there's something wrong.

And all the people that make videos are going to quick scope anyways. You didn't ruin it for the quick scopers, you ruined it for the casual players that want to try sniper rifles, realize they suck and then go back to their AK74, or their FAMAS.
Level 6
37 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Treyarch didn't ruin quick scoping, they ruined sniping.

in reply to JAlenX06
Sniping isn't for getting high killstreaks
Level 25

in reply to JAlenX06

Guggi wrote:

Sniping isn't for getting high killstreaks

I didn't say that, did I?
Level 6

in reply to JAlenX06
I agree, I try and snipe but someone else with a pistol shoots me from another window. They did too many things to stop quickscoping, they should have just made it slow for zooming in with just sniper scopes or do the idle-sway thing. Not both.
Level 9

in reply to JAlenX06
For one quick scoping is not that hard. Its just different and its actually a challenge now, thats why nobody does it anymore. And i only snipe and i do just fine, so maybe you should stop complaining and go play Black Ops and practice it. You will do bad at first, like really really bad, but you will get the hang of it so good luck...
Level 1

in reply to JAlenX06

BULLY SON1 wrote:

I agree, I try and snipe but someone else with a pistol shoots me from another window. They did too many things to stop quickscoping, they should have just made it slow for zooming in with just sniper scopes or do the idle-sway thing. Not both.

The most annoying thing ever is on WMD, im in the balcony in the back of the map, I scope in, the shot is lined, but I wait for a second before I shoot, then I get hit, throwing my shot off, then I die.
Level 6

in reply to JAlenX06

AxonHD wrote:

For one quick scoping is not that hard. Its just different and its actually a challenge now, thats why nobody does it anymore. And i only snipe and i do just fine, so maybe you should stop complaining and go play Black Ops and practice it. You will do bad at first, like really really bad, but you will get the hang of it so good luck...

Reading comprehension. I specifically say that I did better quick scoping than sniping. Quick scoping for me = not looking down the sight, and halfway bringing up your sights and shooting,
Level 6

in reply to JAlenX06
I really don't see how. If some people still QS, that's fine because ever since day 1 I think I've been QS'd once, rather than at least 10 times a game w/out fail. Now, people who still QS do so due to skill, not because it's n00by, unskillful and incredibly annoying for everyone else.

As for proper sniping, it simply takes a little feel adjustment and knowledge of when and where to snipe. I am more of an AR guy meself, but I've done perfectly well with the Dragunov. Proper sniping feels fine to me, and QSing, whether possible or not, is rare.

S'cool.
Level 1

in reply to JAlenX06
They have not ruined quickscoping they have just simply changed it and i have got too say i think they have changed it for the betterbecause i do not get killed from the other side of the map by a sniper now.If you still want too do some quickscoping or no scoping then i suggest you go and play MW2 as you will have a field day there with all the kills you can get quickscoping and no scoping.It is like the old saying goes practice makes perfect which it actually does as you will find out if you practice in private matches and on game modes like domination and other team styled games.It also really helps to practice on free for all and large maps like grid instead of small maps like nuketown.
Level 2

in reply to JAlenX06

JAlenX06 wrote:

If I can still go around pressing LT +RT at the same time with the sniper, and finish in third, thenn there's nothing wrong with it.

But If I try and actually snipe, and finish in 6th, then there's something wrong.

And all the people that make videos are going to quick scope anyways. You didn't ruin it for the quick scopers, you ruined it for the casual players that want to try sniper rifles, realize they suck and then go back to their AK74, or their FAMAS.

completely true man! sniping is fucked... i shot someone 3 times in 7 seconds with the dragunov... still didn't kill them.. and it takes even 2 shots with the others!!! wtf?! no point in using them... i shoot everyone in the top part of the body if not the head! now headshots i get straight away thank fuck... but the other shots?! and the maps aren't entirely useful for them either.. i think treyarch fucked up big time! waw was almost perfect... well, the submachine guns fucked that up ;p and now, you got more problems.. perks ... terribly done, you don't earn attachments you just buy them, explosive blasts worse than mw2, also, who needs commando when you can knife lunge better?! :] treyarch said they focused on mp and that they took notice of the forums?! i don't see it.. truly a terrible game, hell, i prefer mw2 and everyone i know, knows i hate that game!

treyarch... read this and then re do the whole game! i feel zombies is even fucked a little bit... so disappointing : [
Level 6

Studios