Treyarch didn't ruin quick scoping, they ruined sniping.

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: Treyarch didn't ruin quick scoping, they ruined sniping.

in reply to JAlenX06
When i do snipe, which is quite often now. I usually finish in the top 3, i never have trouble sniping.

I like the new sniping in the game and i realize that im probably one of few that like the new sniping in the game.

I use L96 with infared scope and i have no troubles killing people.

Learn to snipe.
Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to JAlenX06

wengdoodle wrote:

When i do snipe, which is quite often now. I usually finish in the top 3, i never have trouble sniping.

I like the new sniping in the game and i realize that im probably one of few that like the new sniping in the game.

I use L96 with infared scope and i have no troubles killing people.

Learn to snipe.

Yeah, they think sniping means run 'n gun with a sniper rifle to prove themselves. When I snipe in any CoD ( except MW2 ) then I "camp" and "hardscope" I'm best in WAW. Can get a 20-30 killstreak and 0 deaths in downfall. People need to learn how to snipe properly.
Level 25

in reply to JAlenX06

Guggi wrote:

Sniping isn't for getting high killstreaks

i did 34-0 camping like a with a sniper? Whats not for getting high killstreaks?
Level 2

in reply to JAlenX06
I don't know why people are still complaining they said they were going to slowly gimp the sniper patch isn't this why we wanted quit complaining now.
Level 2

in reply to JAlenX06

JAlenX06 wrote:

If I can still go around pressing LT +RT at the same time with the sniper, and finish in third, thenn there's nothing wrong with it.

But If I try and actually snipe, and finish in 6th, then there's something wrong.

And all the people that make videos are going to quick scope anyways. You didn't ruin it for the quick scopers, you ruined it for the casual players that want to try sniper rifles, realize they suck and then go back to their AK74, or their FAMAS.

Correction: Quickscopers ruined sniping.

Glad I could point that out for you. Treyarch didn't ruin anything. You can thank the 12 year old kids from MW2.
Level 13

in reply to JAlenX06

JAlenX06 wrote:

Reading comprehension. I specifically say that I did better quick scoping than sniping. Quick scoping for me = not looking down the sight, and halfway bringing up your sights and shooting,

thats not quickscoping, its as soon as your sights are up, shoot. Its actually easier to quick scope than snipe atm, I like to combine the two, however until they've fixed the sniping issues I won't play with it.
Level 2

in reply to JAlenX06

AxonHD wrote:

For one quick scoping is not that hard. Its just different and its actually a challenge now, thats why nobody does it anymore. And i only snipe and i do just fine, so maybe you should stop complaining and go play Black Ops and practice it. You will do bad at first, like really really bad, but you will get the hang of it so good luck...

You're a minority. Quickscoping (to COD4 standards, not MW2) is ruined. In COD4, you had to find cover and actually play somewhat defensively - as opposed to MW2, where you just ran around like it was an SMG. Sniping should be comparable to W@W (.15 second zoom) because I think we can all agree it took the most skill to quickscope in that game.
Level 4

in reply to JAlenX06

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

JAlenX06 wrote:

If I can still go around pressing LT +RT at the same time with the sniper, and finish in third, thenn there's nothing wrong with it.

But If I try and actually snipe, and finish in 6th, then there's something wrong.

And all the people that make videos are going to quick scope anyways. You didn't ruin it for the quick scopers, you ruined it for the casual players that want to try sniper rifles, realize they suck and then go back to their AK74, or their FAMAS.

Glad I could point that out for you. Treyarch didn't ruin anything. You can thank the 12 year old kids from MW2.

Quickscoping is NOT A PLAYSTYLE.

Every good sniper knows how to utilize their scope, no matter what 'speed' they are using it at. All good snipers need to know how to quickscope, and anyone that doesn't do both is either an idiot or just isn't being as efficient as they could. There does come a point when incredibly skilled snipers need not take time to line up a shot because it would just waste time. These would be players like Small Beans and Moody Swede. They might be amazing at quickscoping, but they do hardscope every now and then.

Anyways, FORGET ABOUT MW2.

We want COD4/W@W standard sniping, but I'd be happy with this:

Tone down the sway a little bit (for better long range sniping) and make the bullets shoot where the guns points and remove sway if crouched or prone.
Level 4

in reply to JAlenX06

Guggi wrote:

Sniping isn't for getting high killstreaks

Then what's the point of sniping? People play call of duty to have fun, if I can't have fun sniping (I do because I can quickscope/dragscope in black ops) then what's the point? Just sayin.

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

JAlenX06 wrote:

Also this.
Level 12

in reply to JAlenX06

braon wrote:

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

JAlenX06 wrote:

Quickscoping is NOT A PLAYSTYLE.

Every good sniper knows how to utilize their scope, no matter what 'speed' they are using it at. All good snipers need to know how to quickscope, and anyone that doesn't do both is either an idiot or just isn't being as efficient as they could. There does come a point when incredibly skilled snipers need not take time to line up a shot because it would just waste time. These would be players like Small Beans and Moody Swede. They might be amazing at quickscoping, but they do hardscope every now and then.

Anyways, FORGET ABOUT MW2.

We want COD4/W@W standard sniping, but I'd be happy with this:

Tone down the sway a little bit (for better long range sniping) and make the bullets shoot where the guns points and remove sway if crouched or prone.

/facepalm

God forbid you give someone lemons and they ask for limes. The next time you give them limes, they whine for lemons.

Just use the Scout perk. You know there is this thing where you can hold your breath and steady your scope?

Why do people just not understand this? Quickscoping was an aim-assist exploit. Treyarch has said several times that he doesn't want people boosting/glitching/hacking/modding/exploiting.

Quickscoping = Exploit = Not Allowed.
Level 13

Studios