Treyarch didn't ruin quick scoping, they ruined sniping.

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: Treyarch didn't ruin quick scoping, they ruine...

in reply to JAlenX06

BeastOfFate wrote:

Kastro187420 wrote:

All play styles are equal. But not equal in the sense that every play style is going to net you top of the leaderboard status. Its just unreasonable to expect that you'll be putting out the same kill rate as someone with an AR or SMG.

I guess I'm just too used to games that were developed for the age of gamers where people could expect a fair playing field for every gun. Not so in Black Ops. Good day, new FPS generation. Your majority numbers are proof that developers only care about money.

P.S. Equality entails that guns should be able to perform equally. Not that 'One gun is better just because and your gun is worse just because'.

im sorry dude you have got to be one of the close minded people i know to think that you can say all the weapons need to be equal, theres a reason people with smgs will get more kills then the sniper. THEY ARE IN THE FRAY, not on the borders of the map patrolling, looking for kills. snipers are made to pick off the occasional straggler make that precision shot on that ONE guy. not take a whole group at once. if you work with a good group of people then you would do good, you need to communicate not go all lone ranger and hide on the corner your gonna get flanked.
frstedwheaties

in reply to JAlenX06
I get loads of kills while sniping! Just shoot and move. And im glad Quick Scoping has been killed off.
sgt_spearmint

in reply to JAlenX06

Sgt.Spearmint wrote:

I get loads of kills while sniping! Just shoot and move. And im glad Quick Scoping has been killed off.

Yay! Another useless, redundant "omg i can du gud w/ sniperz ther4 itz OBVIOZULSLY balanced. also quickzscopzing suckzorz".

Wow really, could you be more stereotypical? I'm assuming you never played CoD 4/WaW because those were both games where zero people complained about quickscoping AND snipers could do fine.

Hmm. Little bit of a discrepancy here.
BeastOfFate

in reply to JAlenX06
Wrong!!! If you camp your most likely going for high killstreaks.
beastlyx4x

in reply to JAlenX06

frstedwheaties wrote:

BeastOfFate wrote:

Kastro187420 wrote:

All play styles are equal. But not equal in the sense that every play style is going to net you top of the leaderboard status. Its just unreasonable to expect that you'll be putting out the same kill rate as someone with an AR or SMG.

I guess I'm just too used to games that were developed for the age of gamers where people could expect a fair playing field for every gun. Not so in Black Ops. Good day, new FPS generation. Your majority numbers are proof that developers only care about money.

P.S. Equality entails that guns should be able to perform equally. Not that 'One gun is better just because and your gun is worse just because'.

im sorry dude you have got to be one of the close minded people i know to think that you can say all the weapons need to be equal, theres a reason people with smgs will get more kills then the sniper. THEY ARE IN THE FRAY, not on the borders of the map patrolling, looking for kills. snipers are made to pick off the occasional straggler make that precision shot on that ONE guy. not take a whole group at once. if you work with a good group of people then you would do good, you need to communicate not go all lone ranger and hide on the corner your gonna get flanked.

Are you serious? YOU have to be part of the incredibly close minded population of this forum to think that because one gun entails playing a certain way that they should ALWAYS outperform another gun. What the hell happened to 'everyone being able to do good with any tactic'?

Black Ops has even less variety than MW2 does.
BeastOfFate

in reply to JAlenX06
They didn't ruin sniping, you just need to get used to that sway.

But honestly, I don't know why they added it. The solution to MW2s QS problem was very straight foward - have it like it was in WaW, i.e. No SoHP for snipers + no messed up aim assist. Problem solved, no need for that stupid sway.

And in my opinion, remove aim assist from multiplayer totally.
Fish_Said_No
Highlighted

in reply to JAlenX06

BeastOfFate wrote:

Are you serious? YOU have to be part of the incredibly close minded population of this forum to think that because one gun entails playing a certain way that they should ALWAYS outperform another gun. What the hell happened to 'everyone being able to do good with any tactic'?

Black Ops has even less variety than MW2 does.

You seem to confuse "Out Perform" with "Gets more Kills". The SMG out performs the sniper in CQB, and the Sniper outperforms the SMG in Long Range.

The SMG will however, statistically get more kills than the sniper rifle in the duration of the match. Stop confusing terms, and you'll see what I mean.
kastro187420

in reply to JAlenX06

Well man treyarch is actually helping them how many nerfs have use SMGs and assault rifle users gotten and how many have they gotten?

rlucas19961

Studios