Unofficial Knife Feedback Thread

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Highlighted

Re: Unofficial Knife Feedback Thread

I've tossed the idea around in my head for some time, as the knife can be a little frustrating, well at least the lunge.  When thinking about it, I much prefer using the butt of the gun to hit people and be a two hit kill.

If the knife stays, I'd like to see, that when someone does lunge with the knife, if someone fires at that person all lunge is stopped.  

Level 1

I like the idea of removing it and returning to butt someone with your weapon. Never had a issue with knifing but would like some variety. Better yet, why not make the player choose whether to knife or butt someone with their weapon. Thanks for asking the community

Level 19

Cancel the knife if the knifer takes damage during the lunge. Or, make the knife powerless for a set amount of time if shot from within "melee knife range".

Level 1

in reply to misterlarry11

Yeah I vote for using the butt of ur gun

Level 1

in reply to misterlarry11

Possible one of the best ideas I've heard; I don't think people realize the reality of a two hit kill or using a gun butt, it's equally as frustrating as its all button bashing and is time consuming.

Level 3

I like more gun damage while close up or not being able to knife while being shot/ for a short while after being shot (While red)

Perk could be confusing to players and ridding us of the knife is a very large change.

Maybe only allow knife on smaller weapons while larger weapons require a butt smack.

Ridding us of the knife lunge is also a good idea.

Level 20

Number two would be interesting and something fresh. Just make sure it isnt a one hit kill.

Number three would be ok also.

Level 2

2 please.

Level 1

in reply to johupp

i also agree with Vahn's 3, 6 and 8.

it would be even more awesome for an assassin knife animation you know like a grappling system.

Level 4

The two options I would like to see would either be the knife has to be equipped beforehand or the increase in damage at knife range.  If we had more incentive to shoot at knife range I'm sure more people would instead of hitting the button that gives you an instant kill.  The "Knife Vest" perk (or killstreak) sounds decent in theory, but I feel like that would be about as useful in situations as Shades from WaW.

Level 1

Studios