Why does everyone hate Ghost pro?

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Why does everyone hate Ghost pro?

I don't like Ghost, and I don't like scrubs who camp all the time. No, infact, I like them on TDM- more kills for me, more deaths for them. But I really don't understand the arguement against Ghost. It is the counter to spy planes. Without it, a Blackbird would practically be a 3 killstreak. I get that it's annoying, but how is it unbalanced? Second Chance is annoying, too right. But whether it's overpowered is controversial. Is there a genuine arguement as to why Ghost should be taken out, or is it just whining little kids who suck at the game and want to complain about everything?
Level 7
25 REPLIES

Re: Why does everyone hate Ghost pro?

in reply to N0_d3N1AL
I really don't understand the argument for ghost. I guess more people use it in this game because there's no stopping power or juggernaut. I always used it in the previous CODS. But people need a reason to complain. And since there's no stopping power or jugg, well they complain about ghost and second chance; which was in the previous cods too.
Level 4

in reply to N0_d3N1AL
I personally don't have a problem with it but I think it has to do with the fact that the spy plane is used so often that people tend to rely on it. Kill streaks don't add to the next making spy plane a common one so you know where every one is and when some ones kill streak reward is rendered useless they cry about it.
Level 1

in reply to N0_d3N1AL
I have no problem with it. I have it on a couple of classes, and I'll switch to them if the other team calls in a blackbird.

People just have it in their head that they're better than they actually are....and they get upset when they get killed by someone who wasn't on their mini-map.
Level 2

in reply to N0_d3N1AL

NPNators wrote:

I have no problem with it. I have it on a couple of classes, and I'll switch to them if the other team calls in a blackbird.

You do know the Blackbird reveals where you are regardless of Ghost Pro right? True story.

People just piss and moan because they soley rely on the baby monitor on the top left of the screen too often. I use the mini-map, but I use my eyes and ears far more often.

The Spy Plane is actually a really good way to know where the Ghost players are. WUT!?!?!? Let me explain.

For the players that have a good sense of situational awareness and kindergarten math skills you can deduce their location. By calling in a SP, you can obviously see how many players aren't using Ghost.

So you take the number of how many players aren't using Ghost and then figure out the rest of the Ghost users. So say in TDM there are three red dots on the map with a SP up. So obviously there are three Ghost users. This sh*t is so simple it's stupid.

Then, by looking at where those three dots are on the map, it's easy to deduce where the other three Ghost users are. So if there is a spot on the map that is empty, chances are there's someone near you waiting to shoot you in the ass.

The Hacker perk is also a very good way to tell where that little coner camping Ghosty is. If you see a Motion Sensor, then there's someone close to it. See that claymore? Chances are there's someone near it. Unless you're me. I like to plant random claymores in high traffic areas and choke points and keep moving.

OF course the SR-71s are the ultimate Ghost counter, and getting more than one in one match of TDM is oh so sweet.

TBs work well too, but obviously no everyone has access to those headsets. Even without those, TA has given the players ample ways to counter these Ghost users. So stop whining!
Level 20

in reply to N0_d3N1AL
I dont hate the perk. I hate the Ghillie suit it gives campers.
Level 18

in reply to N0_d3N1AL
The only thing I don't like about the Ghost perk is the ghillie suit, Russian marshmallow suit and the Spanish Ragbag.

They are stupid outfits and should be removed, they are so OP.
Level 28

in reply to N0_d3N1AL

greencoffin72 wrote:

The only thing I don't like about the Ghost perk is the ghillie suit, Russian marshmallow suit and the Spanish Ragbag.

They are stupid outfits and should be removed, they are so OP.

But they are SOOOOOOOO instyle right now. FABULOUS!
Level 20

in reply to N0_d3N1AL
Most people don't like ghost because there's almost no counter to it other than an eight kill killstreak. For some people, getting that eight kills in a row is a bit of a challenge, so they complain about the Ghost perk. However, like someone above has already stated, you can easily deduce where a ghost user is by using basic math, deduction, and the hacker perk.

Also, a lot of people hate Ghost because so many people are using it. When a large majority of the gaming population uses a certain perk, weapon, weapon attachment, etc. people think it's over powered and start to complain about it. (*cough* AK-74u *cough*)

For me, I kill Ghost users all the time. I can't tell you how useful a finely cooked frag grenade is against those little suckers.
Level 1

in reply to N0_d3N1AL

666Matty666 wrote:

I personally don't have a problem with it but I think it has to do with the fact that the spy plane is used so often that people tend to rely on it. Kill streaks don't add to the next making spy plane a common one so you know where every one is and when some ones kill streak reward is rendered useless they cry about it.

If I'm notp laying Barebones Pure, Spy Plane is the only killstreak I use. I don't bother changing my killstreaks I reckon they're pointless, but I don't have a problem with Ghost. I don't walk around only looking at the radar, but I do try to use it to find where the mass of enemies are- especially when a Blackbird is up.
Level 7

Studios