Why is everyone camping?

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: Why is everyone camping?

in reply to jack360
Learn to bunny hop corners.

Either that, or the alternative:

Do you know how to be street smart? Being street smart means knowing how to keep yourself safe from campers when you're alone or with other people. Whether you're running to the objective, flanking around the enemy, or making your way through a small room, being street smart helps you stay safe. When you're street smart, you know your way around, you know how handle yourself in tough situations, and you're able to "read" people.

The most complicated thing to learn is how to deal with campers. But if you follow a few rules all the time and trust your instincts, you can be really street smart.

Who Are Campers?

When you're making your way to the objective, you see a person in a corner. These people may seem perfectly harmless, but no matter what: They're campers. Unfortunately, campers can be dangerous. A dangerous camper doesn't necessarily look like a bush. That's why it's important to follow these safety rules all the time:

Make Your Whereabouts Known

Make sure your team knows where you are at all times. That means telling whoever is keeping an eye on you where you are and when you've reached the objective.

Stick With a Friend

It's more fun and safer to do things with friends. Take along a buddy when you make your way to the objective. Traveling with a friend whenever you can is a good idea, and traveling with a bunch of people is even better.

Avoid Places That Aren't Safe

Be sure to keep away from isolated areas. These are places where no one is around.

Stay Away From Campers Areas

If a camper kills you once, don't go back. You probably know that rule, right? But that's not all of it. It's also important to avoid a campers area completely. Even if a camper makes it enticing to return, don't do it. Don't even look in the room.

What if a camper knows you're outside the door and makes a move towards you? This is no different from any other time — a camper is a camper, so don't go in the room. Even if the camper just pops out in front of you for a split second to let you know he's in there, turn right around and tell your team what happened.

Make a Lot of Noise If You're Scared

You've probably been told lots of times that you should not yell on the mic and that it's quite annoying. You should keep it down, be calm, or use your inside voice. When you think you might be in danger, forget all of that advice! That's the perfect time to be noisy!

If a camper approaches you on foot and follows you when you try to run away, yell for help as you run away. If a camper ever tries to knife you, yell as loudly as you can and try to get away. You can shout things like, "Help! I don't know you!". People in the area will hear what's going on and help you, so make plenty of noise.

Trust Your Instincts

If your instinct is telling you something is dangerous or just not quite right, get out of the area, tell an adult, or call for backup. No one will think that you are silly. In fact, just the opposite — people will think that you're truly street smart!

Level 12

in reply to jack360
Agreed campers are pussys! Since Im not prestiging anymore I make my own game out of it. One I see you camping I hunt you down the rest of the match.
Level 6

in reply to jack360

Andy Li78 wrote:

Agreed campers are pussys! Since Im not prestiging anymore I make my own game out of it. One I see you camping I hunt you down the rest of the match.

i would personally like to thank you, and everyone else with the same mentality as you

you guys are the reason i have a 5 kd
Level 16
Highlighted

in reply to jack360
Unlucky lobby.
Level 9

in reply to jack360
Cant be killed by campers if you camp yourself.
Level 23

in reply to jack360
It's a known fact that camping is a tactic employed out of necessity by those who can't get a kill any other way. You shouldn't hate these people, you should pity them.

Think of it this way. Getting kills is like making money, and they can't make money. So, they're they're broke and homeless, and they live in that little corner. Camping out, if you will, because they have no home. And although people hate the homeless, theirs is a hard lot.

They have it worse than you think.

They also smell really bad and are generally really stupid, so that doesn't help.
Level 10

in reply to jack360

Cookie_Monstah wrote:

Because camping is a way to get a lot of kills.

No, defending an area is a way to get a lot of kills. Not sitting in a corner with ghost in the most random places... I really really hate ghost-campers.... And stfu about me being bad, i have a 2.66 k/d and i mostly use ligthweight....
Level 1

in reply to jack360
Here is a nice little thought: Is it REALLY wrong to call someone who camps while using a sniper rifle a pansy? In case you are intellectually challenged, a Sniper Rifle is a Medium-to-Long range weapon. To insult someone for camping with a sniper rifle is like insulting someone for Running-and-Gunning with an Submachine Gun.

Corner camping with an SMG I can understand the hate. But when it comes down to weapon style... can camping REALLY be a noob tactic?
Level 1

in reply to jack360
If I am good at defending a flag on Dom, you'll see me camp it up. However most of the time I'm playing musical flags
Level 22

in reply to jack360

twin_uzis wrote:

It's a known fact that camping is a tactic employed out of necessity by those who can't get a kill any other way. You shouldn't hate these people, you should pity them.

Think of it this way. Getting kills is like making money, and they can't make money. So, they're they're broke and homeless, and they live in that little corner. Camping out, if you will, because they have no home. And although people hate the homeless, theirs is a hard lot.

They have it worse than you think.

They also smell really bad and are generally really stupid, so that doesn't help.

it is a known fact that campers regularly own you based on this statement, you dont see people getting so mad at noobs who run around
Level 16

Studios