Why you CAN'T quickscope in real life

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Why you CAN'T quickscope in real life

Because snipers carry extremely high powered weapons with a slow rate of fire. In real life snipers stand no chance quickscoping, because guns are A LOT heavier than you expect. When I first held a real 22. calibre bold action rifle, it was a lot heavier than i expected, and it contains only one TINY bullet. Now imagine how much heavier military grade sniper rifles would be- you cant quickscope. And even if you could quickscope in real life, the recoil for each shot would prevent you from firing 2 shots in less than 3 seconds. And if you "quickscope" someone in real life with a sniper rifle, there is no guarantee he will die in the first shot- he will probably kill you while you are trying to fire the second shot. And to give you a feel of how long "3 seconds" is count 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi, and you will understand what I'm saying by high powered rifle

The ONLY reason you can quickscope in FPS games is because people die in a set amount of bullets in videogames. In real life, they could die in 1,2 or even 3 hits. There is no SET guarantee. And in the time you are firing the next shot, they WILL kill you.
Level 1
26 REPLIES

Re: Why you CAN'T quickscope in real life

in reply to deadoperator
You'd break your shoulder quickly pulling the sniper rifle up and shooting it over and over much less your accuracy would be poor
Level 16

in reply to deadoperator
You know...you are on the forum of a game right now...is called Call Of Duty , kinda has nothing to do with real life.
Level 2

in reply to deadoperator
Now make a thread called "Why bullets DON'T fly at 45 degree angles out of the barrel of a sniper rifle in real life"

Your point is moot.
Level 16

in reply to deadoperator
Snipers in real life are nearly invisible. My grandpa was a marine sniper and there are pictures of him... well it just looks like landscape. Anyways, you'd just be scoped in on a giant area and IF you needed someone dead... he would be dead before he even heard the gunshot. Pointless thread is pointless.
Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to deadoperator
I'm going to call this thread dumb.

This is a FPS game, not a realistic game at all. It's closer to an arcade style FPS than a realistic one.

What's next, gonna prove how one can't regenerate health in real life? Or how shotguns have a longer range than 15 yd in real life? Gonna prove how there's no such thing as Semtex and tactical insertion? The Semtex is a sci-fi grenade taken from Halo. It's funny how it doesn't stick to your hand but to your enemy.

Use your brain.
Level 6

in reply to deadoperator
Its a video game shut up your an idiot. Noone asked for your "expertise".. An where are you pulling thes stats fom anyway, you not an expert shut up. And if you are i reffer to my first 4 words " its a video game".

You also dont get killstreaks in real life, you also dont get special abilities that allow you to see claymores thru walls....
Level 1

in reply to deadoperator

DeadOperator wrote:

Because snipers carry extremely high powered weapons with a slow rate of fire. In real life snipers stand no chance quickscoping, because guns are A LOT heavier than you expect. When I first held a real 22. calibre bold action rifle, it was a lot heavier than i expected, and it contains only one TINY bullet. Now imagine how much heavier military grade sniper rifles would be- you cant quickscope. And even if you could quickscope in real life, the recoil for each shot would prevent you from firing 2 shots in less than 3 seconds. And if you "quickscope" someone in real life with a sniper rifle, there is no guarantee he will die in the first shot- he will probably kill you while you are trying to fire the second shot. And to give you a feel of how long "3 seconds" is count 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi, and you will understand what I'm saying by high powered rifle

The ONLY reason you can quickscope in FPS games is because people die in a set amount of bullets in videogames. In real life, they could die in 1,2 or even 3 hits. There is no SET guarantee. And in the time you are firing the next shot, they WILL kill you.

No but really, why can't you quick scope in the game?
Level 10

in reply to deadoperator
You are firing digital representations of guns that are nothing like their real life counterparts. They have stats and numbers assigned to them for purposes of game balance. The developers of this game decided that quickscoping was stupid, but regenerating heath was not, despite both being unrealistic. This is a video game, for your entertainment only.
Level 1

in reply to deadoperator

Interweb wrote:

You are firing digital representations of guns that are nothing like their real life counterparts. They have stats and numbers assigned to them for purposes of game balance. The developers of this game decided that quickscoping was stupid, but regenerating heath was not, despite both being unrealistic. This is a video game, for your entertainment only.

Might I add that the G11 has a 425 rpm fire rate in real life?
Level 16

Studios