is defending an obejective camping?

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: is defending an obejective camping?

in reply to theshinigamigod

sgthulkasbigtoe wrote:

I know that they give you defense medals for defending the objective. If you are looking for people to say it is okay for you to defend the objective, you most likely won't find it here. To each his own I say. If you are comfortable hanging by the objective, then do it. Most certainly you will be called a camper but it is only a name. To each his/her own style of play I say.

I'll say it's ok to defend the objective. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO!
Level 24

im not asking if its ok i just asking on your guys opinion's i just what to how many people actually do it
Level 2

My team always make it a priority to find the bomb once my team gets a few guys down. If one us finds it, we call it out. Then, a perimeter gets setup around the bomb rather than the bomb site.

There are many people who incorrectly consider S&D to be a multi-round, no respawn TDM game.
Level 10

Lancecasual wrote:

sgthulkasbigtoe wrote:

I know that they give you defense medals for defending the objective. If you are looking for people to say it is okay for you to defend the objective, you most likely won't find it here. To each his own I say. If you are comfortable hanging by the objective, then do it. Most certainly you will be called a camper but it is only a name. To each his/her own style of play I say.

I'll say it's ok to defend the objective. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO!

Apologies, you MAY find someone to give it the ok. Thanks Lance.
Level 6
Highlighted

Morally Justified???? Camping is self preservation!! If you run around like an idiot and I'm in the corner killing you when you run by, better you then me. Most everyone camps. Every map there are people camping, and always someone different in that spot after a camper gets killed. Firing Range, the trailer, the tower, the blue building, the plywood building, the back building. Always someone sitting and camping at all of these location, that's 5 location in one map with 8 players. Same on every other map, there are atleast 5 or 6 buildings, windows, or corners you'll always find someone camping. SO WHAT! It's part of the game, live with it or quit!
Level 1

There is one form of camping that I dislike and that is camping in the middle of nowhere, miles away from any objective.
Level 23

the real campers know who they are: sitting in a corner with flak jacket and a motion sensor, 74u pointed at the door.
Level 1

Only scrubs who dont know how to play S&D will call it camping. I basically only play search and its always an argument. Everyone thinks its a tdm or something so they just rush like crazy and get killed. Its one life per round and you are suppose to defend your bomb site. Like one guy said and my clan does the samething if we kill the bomb carrier we will protect the bomb because they have to come and get it. Its smart game play otherwise it wouldnt say defend on the bomb sites it would say run out there and get killed so the other team can plant. Ive been called a camper on offense to because I wait for the people on the other team to run to me when they should be defending and pick them one by one. Then the numbers is on our side so I plant then defend the bomb plant. If they were defending like they should have been it would have been harder. Sorry about the like reply this drives me crazy
Level 1

TheShinigamiGod wrote:

i been called a camper on SnD because i make sure no one plants the bomb

so is it camping too me its not but how about you guys?

Not camping. Thats the objective. For that reason I dont play SnD.
Level 6

camping.... the biggest complaint in cod history, is it not?

camping is not moving or staying in a building not viewing on an objective,

Guarding a pathway to stop people from going around is considered camping w/o moving.

i.e. if anyone has played the new map pack, on convoy and playing on demolition and your guarding bombsite B, and you are on the opposite side guarding the pathway by the giant truck so that no one goes around, htats camping

guarding a pathway directly toward the bombsite w/o moving is NOT camping

i.e. guarding bombsite B in demolition of Array... atleast i think its the B one. idr.

but yes, thats the rule of thumb...

p.s. the rule of thumb originated awhile ago when men weren't allowed to beat their wives with anything wider than their thumb.
Level 8

Studios