poorly made game

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

poorly made game

I have to say that this game was sloppily put together. There are to many problems with the game that have destroyed any fun that can be had in it. Before you start forming an opinion on my lack of experience on black ops iv prestiged 5 times and close to 6th prestige. Here is a list of the problems i have found while playing:

1) Hit boxes- You can have the red dot on a guys chest, both you and he are not moving and it won't register a hit, or it will register a hit but 9 bullets later he still isn't dead. Or even worse you can be in chopper gunner hovering right over person at closest range you can get and it won't register hits on the person.

2) Host Migration- By far the most annoying problem with the game. Yes, I know this is an online game and you run into issues like this. My problem comes when the current host gets kicked to pick a new one, then as soon as game resumes it begins picking a new host. Iv had it repick a host 5 times in a row during one game. Another issue this game has is sometimes it won't even pick a new host when it is needed. Played an entire game were everyone had 1 bar of connection to the host.

3) Connectivity- Getting constantly kicked out of games. You can say its my connection but when i know multiple people around me all experience the same issue, it makes me believe its more of a problem on treyarch end. Why produce more games than your servers can hold? This ruins game play and causes people to lose interest in your franchise. Was experience it in the last CoD but got this game hoping it would be fixed but its worse. I can say that i am no longer going to be buying a game from this franchise because of this business strategy they have.

4) Groups- By far the most annoying problem with this game. My friends and I try to start groups up to play together. You send a game invite to them and you get the message game lobby no longer available. How can the game lobby be no longer avaliable when the person is waiting on the lobby page and hasn't begun a search for a game? Or you go to join a friends session and it says game is no longer active when he is saying the game is only half way through and there are 5 open slots.

These are the top 4 issues i have with this game. Sad that a fun franchise went down the toilet because of poor programming and development.
Level 1
36 REPLIES

Re: poorly made game

in reply to badgame
You made an account simply to say how much you hate the game?
Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to badgame
actually i made the account to bring issues like these to the attention of the game developers. Granted i won't be buying their next expansion from this but if i hear that these issues were corrected then i might be enticed to buy. Glad to see though that you felt the need to try and insult me, but to be honest i can't be insulted by a person i will never meet, since i could careless about a person's opinion that has no baring on how i live my life. Just forecasting your next insult, here is my answer. Treyarch would care because i am a consumer and their job is to satisfy consumers.
Level 1

in reply to badgame
by far the buggiest cod yet .. i play search and on some maps you cant shoot through railings and people take advantage of the poor programing . and the examples of this type of things are endless
Level 2

in reply to badgame
Yeah, this is the crappiest CoD game. So many problems with it, it makes me think what were they doing all the time while developing it. For me the worst thing is the hit boxes and the host migration. Host migration was not a problem on MW2. So why is it such a gigantic problem in this game? What did they change? Why did they change it? There is not one person in this forum that hasn't been furious at the game after they were just destroying the team and the host leaves and the game is over. Not one person here! It's like a kill streak. In fact I take it like a kill streak so I don't get mad anymore. The hit boxes, or hit detection is terrible. I was very supportive of Stopping Power not being in Black Ops, but now I wish it was. It takes so many bullets to kill someone, even at close range. MW2 and CoD4 weren't perfect but the hit boxes were great. MW2 had the best, but S.P ruined it and made it a two shot kill at any range. Overall, the game feels like it was developed by some company that's barely getting into the gaming scene. But its Treyarch, its Activision. Don't they have any damn shame? I guess not, like Charlie Sheen said: "I got your money already,dude."
Level 4

in reply to badgame
Great post. Ignore the idiot that gave you a problem for addressing this.
Level 13

in reply to badgame
I like the game itself - its just the fact that they didn't optimize it for the PS3 so it runs like crap that bothers me - fix the frame rate and I'd be a happy buyer.

Not gonna happen ..... I pray they don't let this carry on to MW3.
Level 24

in reply to badgame
Well, The Overall Game was a good idea..But, I think they need too put more effort in too the ps3. Also, I do agree The Host Migration on the ps3 needs too be fixed. But overall the games good.. I love it.
Level 5

in reply to badgame

daca213 wrote:

Yeah, this is the crappiest CoD game. So many problems with it, it makes me think what were they doing all the time while developing it. For me the worst thing is the hit boxes and the host migration. Host migration was not a problem on MW2. So why is it such a gigantic problem in this game? What did they change? Why did they change it? There is not one person in this forum that hasn't been furious at the game after they were just destroying the team and the host leaves and the game is over. Not one person here! It's like a kill streak. In fact I take it like a kill streak so I don't get mad anymore. The hit boxes, or hit detection is terrible. I was very supportive of Stopping Power not being in Black Ops, but now I wish it was. It takes so many bullets to kill someone, even at close range. MW2 and CoD4 weren't perfect but the hit boxes were great. MW2 had the best, but S.P ruined it and made it a two shot kill at any range. Overall, the game feels like it was developed by some company that's barely getting into the gaming scene. But its Treyarch, its Activision. Don't they have any damn shame? I guess not, like Charlie Sheen said: "I got your money already,dude."

I agree 10,000%, i've been playing MW2 again fulltime for a months straight now, the hitboxes and the hit detection is perfect, not to mention, i love modern sexxy looking weapons and attachments.
Level 9

in reply to lightcreated

I know i am never buying a Treyarc game again im sorry i mean i have got so frustrated at the flippin game i actually broke my controller and if i keep playing it i reckon i will properly die of a heart attack lol i not sure wether to get call of duty ghosts  because i know its properly going to be the same thing i might just get battle field 4 what do you think

Level 1

Studios