poorly made game

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: poorly made game

in reply to badgame

Sstang1 wrote:

I pray they don't let this carry on to MW3.

Save your prayers for something worthy of it. There's no hope with Raven developing the online, you'll see more issues than you do with Black Ops.
Level 42

in reply to badgame
interesting points...

- i know i don't have as many issues as you have with the game, unless i'm playing with my brother who lives in turkey. initially i had connection problems and lag problems but then i changed my region to the states only and i rarely have a lag problem (1 out of 40 games played). but when i play with my brother, i switch back and play with others in other countries and have major lag problems.

- another problem you may run into, if and when you play with a large party/clan. myself, i typically run by myself and when i see a room full of 6 people all in the same clan, i won't play with them as do many others. i personally think it's a disadvantage as i'm running with people i don't know and it's hard to put a good team together. so people leave and that starts your host problems. i personally think there should be a core-TDM/Domination/etc... for clan teams to compete against each other.

there are some bugs but you will have them in any game. it's only a game, i know i won't play it if it's that bad, like mw2 with it's hacking.
Level 7

in reply to badgame

Death8u4u wrote:

Save your prayers for something worthy of it. There's no hope with Raven developing the online, you'll see more issues than you do with Black Ops.

First of all it's good to see you admit there are issues - you usually say everything is perfect and all problems are in the posters head.

I've heard it rumored ... but do we know for a fact that Raven is responsible for the crappy port of Black Ops from the Treyarch developed Xbox 360 version ?

I've searched and can't find the answer.
Level 24

in reply to badgame

Sstang1 wrote:

First of all it's good to see you admit there are issues - you usually say everything is perfect and all problems are in the posters head.

I've heard it rumored ... but do we know for a fact that Raven is responsible for the crappy port of Black Ops from the Treyarch developed Xbox 360 version ?

I've searched and can't find the answer.

I've never denied there being issues with the game. I always say >>MY<< game runs fine, probably where you got the idea I said things work perfectly fine.

Activision doesn't want it to be known that Raven ported the game. They want to maintain the "illusion" that Treyarch managed to port the game with one PS3 engineer. Raven is the only company that had the ability to port the game over, everyone else either didn't have rights to the game yet (Sledgehammer) or simply didn't have the staff to do it (Infinity Ward)
Level 42

in reply to badgame

Death8u4u wrote:

I've never denied there being issues with the game. I always say >>MY<< game runs fine, probably where you got the idea I said things work perfectly fine.

I find that hard to believe unless you play on XBOX, and even then... yeah, just not possible.
Level 13

in reply to badgame

FOUNTAINofYOUTH wrote:

I find that hard to believe unless you play on XBOX, and even then... yeah, just not possible.

Do I really need to sit here and record me going through every single inch of the game showing you video proof that my game has no issue whatsoever with running?

Note, host migrations and such still occur but that is completely unavoidable.
Level 42
Highlighted

in reply to badgame
I just wanted to add that yesterday I was playing a Dom match on WMD. Me and this other guy ran into each other near C flag and decided to do the same strafing pattern while aiming down the sights at each other throwing bullets. I think we also had the same weapon (AK47) while doing this. It was hilarious because we empty a full clip into each other before my character wussed out and decided to bleed everywhere and die.

Watching the killcam, he was going through the same thing (minus the bleeding part).

At least it was mutual. Har har.
Level 3

in reply to badgame
Oddly I find this game a work of sheer genius. 10 years ago the thought of playing a realistic game with an avatar shooting mutiple types of wepeons, running, exploding, killcams, and theatre with several 'views' was impossible. So it needs some bugs fixed. Its still fun as hell.
Level 11

in reply to badgame

Death8u4u wrote:

Activision doesn't want it to be known that Raven ported the game. They want to maintain the "illusion" that Treyarch managed to port the game with one PS3 engineer. Raven is the only company that had the ability to port the game over, everyone else either didn't have rights to the game yet (Sledgehammer) or simply didn't have the staff to do it (Infinity Ward)

Well if I worked at Treyarch I'd be sure to let it leak that Raven was responsible for the mess. Still don't believe you have no issues - everyone I know that has this game has the frame rate problem. They've all tried the 720P thing which has helped some.
Level 24

in reply to badgame

Death8u4u wrote:

Do I really need to sit here and record me going through every single inch of the game showing you video proof that my game has no issue whatsoever with running?

Note, host migrations and such still occur but that is completely unavoidable.

No, you don't.. I still find it hard to believe. I would never put you through the trouble of defending it.. and you have no reason to.

I assume this isn't your first COD? You've been playing since COD4 right?
Level 13

Studios