poorly made game

Call of Duty Black Ops forum

Re: Annoying Problem

in reply to badgame

UK Marshall wrote:

I play cod Black Ops on xbox 360 and find by far that the worst problem is being brought into a game on an already heavily losing side with no chance of winning and the match almost over and then receiving a loss for it! I have had this happen at times for up to six games in a row and on average about every other game. It's especially annoying if your trying improve your combat record. I can't help thinking the designers didn't think this aspect through thoroughly.....

happens on ps3 too. not really a big deal.. its simple. people are getting owned so they leave the game. they need somebody to fill those spots. and thats you
REMIX8604

Re: poorly made game

in reply to badgame

Izjar99 wrote:

badgame wrote:

I have to say that this game was sloppily put together. There are to many problems with the game that have destroyed any fun that can be had in it. Before you start forming an opinion on my lack of experience on black ops iv prestiged 5 times and close to 6th prestige. Here is a list of the problems i have found while playing:

1) Hit boxes- You can have the red dot on a guys chest, both you and he are not moving and it won't register a hit, or it will register a hit but 9 bullets later he still isn't dead. Or even worse you can be in chopper gunner hovering right over person at closest range you can get and it won't register hits on the person.

2) Host Migration- By far the most annoying problem with the game. Yes, I know this is an online game and you run into issues like this. My problem comes when the current host gets kicked to pick a new one, then as soon as game resumes it begins picking a new host. Iv had it repick a host 5 times in a row during one game. Another issue this game has is sometimes it won't even pick a new host when it is needed. Played an entire game were everyone had 1 bar of connection to the host.

3) Connectivity- Getting constantly kicked out of games. You can say its my connection but when i know multiple people around me all experience the same issue, it makes me believe its more of a problem on treyarch end. Why produce more games than your servers can hold? This ruins game play and causes people to lose interest in your franchise. Was experience it in the last CoD but got this game hoping it would be fixed but its worse. I can say that i am no longer going to be buying a game from this franchise because of this business strategy they have.

4) Groups- By far the most annoying problem with this game. My friends and I try to start groups up to play together. You send a game invite to them and you get the message game lobby no longer available. How can the game lobby be no longer avaliable when the person is waiting on the lobby page and hasn't begun a search for a game? Or you go to join a friends session and it says game is no longer active when he is saying the game is only half way through and there are 5 open slots.

These are the top 4 issues i have with this game. Sad that a fun franchise went down the toilet because of poor programming and development.

I have to argue that your view is flawed. Errors in programming is probably going to persist in every game made by a man. Errors are normal, yes its annoying to get kicked out, to have friends not able to join, not to kill someone when you believe they should be. But from your experience 6th prestige, you have dedicated more time than I'm sure your parents, girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, sister, grandmother would like. I don't know how old you are, but from the sound of it you never played NES or any of the third generation video games in the 8-bit era. If so, you probably wouldn't complain as much. But to enlighten how great this game actually is, play a round of the original donkey Kong, Mario brothers, and you tell me after that how "poorly made" this game is! I'm going to refrain from calling you names, because your opinion is valid, I do agree, but to whine about this game sounds like a spoiled **** who never played an NES. Terrible post!

Well to start it off your last statement about me being a spoiled **** contradicts what you are trying to prove. By you having to say that you are in a simplified form mimicing the post that I made. While I as stated in my second post clarified the reason for the thread is to bring problems I have encountered ingame to treyarchs attention. You on the other hand made a post to bring what you felt my errors were to my attention.

to get back on topic I will answer your question you proposed to me. I have played donkey kong and Mario brothers before. Off the top of my head I am not sure how long ago those games were made but as stated in the comment above mine, it is funny that you are trying to link this game (black ops) to those made a long time ago. If I am not mistaken we have vastly improved the technology that they used back when they made donkey Kong. I have also played other shooting games before. On n64 i played golden eye as my first shooting game. The next shooting game was on my PC called delta force land warrior. While those games had poor graphics compared to what black ops has i can say they had better game play. I was older when i played land warrior so I'll comment on that granted it was a PC game but i think it can still get my point across. The hit boxes on that game worked smoothly. The developers might have lacked in graphics but game play went smoothly and when you lined your cross hairs up on the target...wait for it.....you actually hit them and saw blood splatter. I know amazing right? My overall opinion for games is if they have to lack in something i would rather it be in graphics that actual gameplay like hit detection.
badgame

in reply to badgame
I always thought the number one rule to an online FPS is that where your gun is pointing thats where the bullet will hit.. But tis not true for this wreck. MW2 is so much better then black ops in literally every way possible.
50kWaTTzz

in reply to badgame

Sstang1 wrote:

I like the game itself - its just the fact that they didn't optimize it for the PS3 so it runs like crap that bothers me - fix the frame rate and I'd be a happy buyer.

Not gonna happen ..... I pray they don't let this carry on to MW3.

i agree with you on this. when MW3 comes out it will be the first time i've ever rented a PS3 game b4 actually buying it because of BO. I have never, but will always from now on rent COD before i buy it.
xxx_gitem_bloc_

in reply to badgame
It depends on how you see it MW2 had noobtubers and onemanarmy noobs at least black ops doesn't have that problem and besides this isn't Treyarchs fault it's Activision fault because they try to get these games out fast as they can to make money
sovietSpetsnazw
Highlighted

in reply to badgame
Now... Black Ops freeze like everyday for me =/

Not lying.
howareyou1

in reply to badgame

UnderTheBridge wrote:

The worst problem this game has by far in my opinion is the lag, or latency, whatever you wanna call it. but I can't count how many times ive come upon an enemy and shot half of my clip into his chest only to die and the killcam show i hadnt even started firing yet. This seems like its even gotten worse lately. its the most frustrating thing knowing that so many of your deaths are because of the poorly made game and not the fault of your own. i can fully accept dying when i know the other guy just outplayed me, but in this game more than any other ive played, i just feel like alot of my deaths are because of this lag (latency). i dont even feel good about having great games anymore because i just think to myself "those guys were probably just having a crappy connection" lol i have to stop playing the game at times because if i kept playing it i think i would end up snapping the disc in half lol. its disappointing because the game's content is really good and can be really fun, but the technical side of it, for the ps3 anyways, just cancels out any fun to be had most of the time.

agreed all the way. a lot of times i lose all of my confidence in laggy games. i'm not bragging but i am a beast at COD BO, as soon as i get in to a laggy room my confidence vaporizes. anything goes in laggy rooms, but nothing in your favor. most of the time i will fire off a good 5 bullets into my enemy before he even gets a shot off only for him to up his gun in the middle of me blasting away at him, and I die. WTF. sleight of hand pro is BS a lot of times. how can i ADS faster then my enemy, be more accurate than my enemy, shoot him first, and i die first. most of the time i will sit there in disbelief as i watch the kills cam and my enemy swings around while im shooting him and fires from the hip and all of his bullets connect only the hitmarkers were no where near where i am standing............ it baffles me.
xxx_gitem_bloc_

Studios