Did you mean: 

Nuketown: The Explosive History

By BlackOpsNews on June 30, 2012
BlackOpsNews
Level 19
‎06-30-2012 11:25 AM
‎06-30-2012 11:25 AM

Nuketown Image_resized.jpg

On a week when Nuketown 2025 was announced as a pre-order bonus for Black Ops 2, it was only right that we take a look back at the story of Nuketown.

Nuketown takes place in a nuclear test site designed to simulate a typical American neighborhood. The map itself started out as an "unofficial" project for Level Designer Adam Hoggatt, who took the idea and had a working design up and running in only two days. It was quickly a favorite among the Black Ops developers.

Nuketown would ultimately play a crucial role in the development of the game, inspiring a level of creativity that would show up time and time again in Black Ops multiplayer. The map's randomly spawning mannequins and iconic end-of-match nuke sequence led to interactive features found on other maps, such as Launch's rocket liftoff and Kowloon's zip-line.

Just as it played with the developers, Nuketown became a fan-favorite in Call of Duty®: Black Ops almost immediately after the game's release. Small and simple, yet lending itself to a variety of playstyles, the map featured the type of fast-paced action that Call of Duty® fans from around the world have come to love. The numbers don't lie, Nuketown has become the most played multiplayer map in Black Ops history.

Now reimagined in a 60's depiction of the "Model Home of the Future", Nuketown 2025 is set to take that familiar close-quarters chaos into the future.  Pre-order Call of Duty®: Black Ops II today, and look forward to some explosive action on November 13th!

Have questions? Make sure to check out our Nuketown 2025 FAQ.

Remember to follow our Facebook page, Twitter (@Callofduty and @Treyarch), and this blog as we continue to march towards the release of Black Ops 2.

93 Comments
coolmster
Level 1

Effective bonus for C.O.D. Franchise.

Oh wat the hell! I love it!

Wat i'd like to no iz if early pre-ordering would lead to not having nuketown 2025 (and any future bonuses)

Plus, duz it matter if u pre-order from other retailers?

Jahlada1
Level 1

I really really want to know that if I am holding off pre-ordering in the hope of a Hardened edition being revealed, will I miss out on being able to get Nuketown 2025 bundled?

Hum ok, it will this been in pre-order on Steam COD: Black Ops 2?

matuzz
Level 63

StraighupKnives wrote:

Hum ok, it will this been in pre-order on Steam COD: Black Ops 2?

Yes it will

Eaaf
Level 1

I'd like to know which retailers are offering this pre-order bonus?

matuzz
Level 63

Eaaf wrote:

I'd like to know which retailers are offering this pre-order bonus?

You can check them from here: http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/preorder

Eaaf
Level 1

Ok thank you, i assume all the retailers from the list are offering the bonus right?

matuzz
Level 63

Eaaf wrote:

Ok thank you, i assume all the retailers from the list are offering the bonus right?

Yes, they are.

Eaaf
Level 1

Ok thank you again!

Puckin_nutz
Level 1

they wont be having a hardened edition because they release the prizes from pre orders in 4 different waves the first being a double sided poster the second being this

Nuketown was a terrible map, why on earth would I want to play it again!? And this game better not have as crappy textures as Black Ops' multiplayer.

JKDgamer
Level 1

I loved NukeTown. It's one of my favorites.  Can't wait till the new one.

Adrianrocket
Level 1

I have a question. If everyone who Pre-Ordered Black Ops II will get Nuketown 2025, then why does the information on the Second Wave say until supplies last? Or until codes last?

Sgtati
Level 1

why not normal?

noah4
Level 1

i dont know where to post this so im putting it here im confused sinch i pre ordered black ops 2 already i have to pay more money for me to get the nuketown map???  because thats what it says here

(No need to worry. Those who have already pre-ordered will be able to purchase a launch unit of Call of Duty: Black Ops II that will include the Nuketown 2025 downloadable bonus map). so why would i pay extra money to get what ppl are getting just for pre ordering and what was the point of me pre ordering a month ago? thanks

vincezero
Level 8

I don't see the big deal of why people hated Nuketown. If it's that much of a problem, when you're playing with friends, just vote for another map. If you're by yourself and it gets selected, then leave the room. Seems a lot simpler, easier and faster than coming on here to complaining about it. Personally I'm excited by the thought of Nuketown 2025 and I can't wait to play all the maps.

tman2999
Level 1

is their going to be a prestige edition and if their is will it have nuketown

timelordalex
Level 31

where you have the pre-order link, are all the retailers listed on there offering the NT 2025 offer? I pre-ordered on Amazon UK on day of announcement, but I'm unsure if I'm getting the map, the US Amazon offers it along with a wallpaper (which I have) but waiting for it  to say NT 2025 on UK version

Adrianrocket
Level 1

I also have another question. If i Pre-Ordered the game at a Gamestop in the mall, and the game is released at mid-night, but the mall closes at 9, will i have to wait till they open the store again?

Hawkteam1
Level 1

The pre-order is only for the U.K not for the U.S.A.But Actvision is coming up with a plan for the U.S.A.So fuck yea.And I want NukeTown to be a zombies map to.

EchoWAveII
Level 1

I am wondering that too. I pre-ordered it at gamestop like a month or so ago and i hate to not get it

i am from greece and i pre order it from public will i have nuketown 2025

haryds123
Level 1

CANT WAIT FOR THISSmiley Happy

haryds123
Level 1

all of them

pualy1990
Level 2

thats becuase black ops they idnt shave down the hitmarkers and do retextures becuase they were at a dead line and manufacturing needed to begin so yah they work n the game a year and half to 2 years i think this game is going to actualy be worth it becuase modern warfare sucks ass and this game i think is going to have great everything hirmarkers texture and balanced snipers

SupedoSpade
Level 1

even if you already preordered it you get all the waves and future ones

Phantom_R
Level 1

ive all ready PRE-ORDERED IT and im exited

dylannn1
Level 1

yea me 2 holding off 2 see is there a hardend edition

i preordered it at gamestop as came home logged in and used my code for the double xp and set it up for email notifacations and everything  and the i i threw away my reciept that was twomonths ago i was told that i should be in the system for on the computer but they didnt tell that i would need the code for every time to get the free stuff for preorder i get no email alerts or notifacations and now i cant get noketown how come it was set up that way

Shadow363
Level 2

Retailers offering this pre-order bonus:

Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart

mae786
Level 1

If you preorder before Nuketown 2025 was officially released,you will still get the map plus all of the other BOII preorder drops

NUKETOWN 2025 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will there be a way to get it if we don't want to pre-order? Like with MS points?

Brwrton
Level 1

You can always pre-order now and then you can change it if thay release a better edition

LoKoStyllez
Level 1

is there a deadline for preordering black ops 2 to get the new nuketown 2025

Bme1
Level 1

Look everyone, if u preorder the game u can turn ur regular preorder into the hardened edition and if u don't reorder now you will miss out on all of the bonus content such as if you haven't already preordered then you've already missed out on the free prestige token for mw3 so if u want the bonus content u gotta preorder now

Hi Im Reese Gartman, I Play Black Ops Still And Absolutly Love Nuketown Especially QuickScoping Or Hard Scoping. And Im From Houston Texas. And Would Like To Know If You Dont Pre-Order It Would You Still Get The Map? For Free. Or Will It Be In A BONUS Mappack.

jacutt06
Level 1

they should add COD ELITE founder sat again have the same same stuff like getting the maps month by month but nothing has been seen about black ops 2 elite if anyone see any thing like this send me the link

obi_kiko
Level 2

treyarch im big gun of your work with call of dutys,already pre ordered waw and bo prestige edition but last year i had trouble with mw3 hardened cuz it wasnt avaible im my country(Portugal) if it his avaible here i ill always get prestige edtion,also I pre ordered black ops II in GAME yesterday will i get nuketown too?or is a usa only bonus'

Limited3Boss
Level 1

I was wondering, If you dont pre-order Black Ops II (when Nuketown 2025 is available) when will it be released as a public download from DLC if it is going to be released as a DLC (like how Rezurrection DLC/Hardened/Prestige Edition for Black Ops worked)?

Limited3Boss
Level 1

I dont have an answer to your question but if you do have to pay to get Nuketwon 2025, it proves that you should wait a bit, just to see what offers they bring out eg Nuketown 2025 . I was going to Pre-Order BO2 when it was available straight away but i wanted to see what Special/Limited Edition Bundles they bought out first

Limited3Boss
Level 1

If anyone who works for 3arc or Activision reads this, thank you . I have an idea regarding Pre-Order Editions of Black Ops II. I call it, the "F.E.A.R." Edition (Black Ops DLC's First Strike etc.) It is a zombies Special Edition pre-order. It includes every map from zombies. even the ones brought out in DLC's, but they have their original guns example, the WaW maps will have the PPSH, PTRS etc not the guns from Black Ops/ Black Ops 2. You get a personal journal of one of the four main characters. Nikkolai, Richtofen etc but everyone gets a different journal. More community interaction . It could also have a Zombies Steel Case for Black Ops II. A couple more things could be thrown in. I dont know what though maybe a book that explains the Zombie Storyline because i know a lot of people that didnt know there was a storyline to zombies. Thats what ive thought up and i think it would be pretty cool. I know id buy it Thanks for reading

Limited3Boss
Level 1

isnt GAME shut down/closing? cause it did here in Australia :/

Spikethenoob
Level 1

@Jahlada, preorder the regular edition and if the hardened, prestige, elite (whatever it is called) is revealed then you can just throw the money that you put on the reg edi on that one. That's what I do for every game i preorder.

i wonder what nuketown 2025 will look like.

Nuketown 2025 is a preorder bonus for july ONLY it has nothing to do with the hardened (if there is one) so if you dont pre-order in july you cant get it untill they release it to the non-pre-orderers sorry

I have a Question i pre ordered black ops 2 from game stop but have not recived any email saying i got the second wave. Will it just show up when i put in the game or what?

enidwrangler
Level 1

Just order it.   If they release a "special edition" of it then the first to pre-order will get first choice to order it, incase they run out.

kodo211
Level 1

depends on the mall. sometimes they do a midnight relrease but you would have to find out closer to game release.

How do you get it if you already pre ordered it?!?!?